Forums

Question to all NCwest staff member

KissYB-KT

good afternoon!

i have one question

are you guys going to do something about hackers?

i mean there are so many of them now, i dont even need to tell who they are.

again! are you guys planning on doing something about it or not?

because i feel like it is dumb not to use it these days. i never used it but if you guys not doing anything about it, why i even pay alot of money for gearing up?

really it is been so long that you guys ignore our/player's tickets about hack.

i think in this rate there will be more people using hack than who doesnt.

have you guys ever monitor siege? so many of them. 

you guys dont do anything or cant do anything? 

i know this threat will be ignored again, i think it is about time to drop this hackers game.

also is it true that you guys not doing anything about it because those who using hack spent good money on ncsoft? or there are so many now that if you guys start ban them there will be not many players left to play?

i just want to know why are you guys not doing anything about it.....

There are a few people who do it blatantly and openly; anyone who uses MyAion meter knows who I'm talking about. We all know who they are and we laugh at them. However, I believe there are many more who use it privately -- like for Crucible Spire or other private instances/non-open world things -- so that they do not get caught. Even a friend of mine has recently started using it.

It's sad, but NCWest has shown time and time again that they just do not care. I mean they installed Xigncode on our computers and left it there for a year and then did absolutely nothing with the "data" they supposedly received from it about hackers. *shrug*

The chance of them doing anything is just about nil at this point. I don't know how many years it's been, and some of the same hackers are still here, still hacking. Even with video, audio, combat logs, etc all proving they hack, NCsoft has done nothing about them. Even then, the hackers that have been banned just buy a new account and do it all over again. It's a losing game of Whack-a-mole.

In all seriousness, if you can't find any joy in the game because of the hackers (and I absolutely don't blame you for it), it might be time to look at your cat. :(

I'm just going to go ahead and say it.

PvP died officially come 6.x -- n o  o n e  c a r e s

PvE is all this game is and minor DPS boosts in an instance or during a zerg raid -- l o l

Glide hacks are probably the worst thing to worry about. 

Seem like they dont care..... 

No reply from them. 

If they dont answer here, it means they're probably busy. 

I am going to purchase some ice cream.

I think snacks is part of game now, since they dont care about it

I was thinking gather data and put it on forum but there are just too many...

so i will eat it too.

Then of course you got the RMT and the scummy attitude of people trying to nyerk each other over so they can sell stuff for real life money on "that blackmarket" place. At this point you might as well go outta your way to scam and deceit people, the word "friend" gets thrown around in this game too much, TOP KEK.

1 hour ago, TuttiFrutti-DN said:

Then of course you got the RMT and the scummy attitude of people trying to nyerk each other over so they can sell stuff for real life money on "that blackmarket" place. At this point you might as well go outta your way to scam and deceit people, the word "friend" gets thrown around in this game too much, TOP KEK.

you are not talking about me right? cuz i have no idea what you talking about.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us regarding this concern.

I understand that you wish to know about our investigations on this issue. But security reasons prevent us from providing further information on this subject.

I also understand your dissatisfaction, but please know that we look into reports provided and provide actions accordingly based on the findings we get.

Your understanding is appreciated.

Regards,

Mako
NCSOFT Support Team

this is what they reply but it is robotic reply.

are they really gonna do nothing about it?

now i feel stupid not to use hack too.

someone send me link to website where i can download hack please

20 hours ago, Excalibur-KT said:

good afternoon!

i have one question

are you guys going to do something about hackers?

*snip*

Short answer.. no.

The long answer is much longer, so stop reading if you aren't looking for a History of Aion lesson.

Aion has a terrible track record for hacks and the ability to catch and punish hackers. It might be a coding thing. I'm not sure on that, but the major hacks catch up in less than 24 hours after a new major patch. So you do get no hackers for a small amount of time after each major patch. At least twice, NCSoft used GameGuard, but that never really worked. They did try to use Xigncode, which other games used with some success, but it never really came out of the "gathering data" period and was quickly discontinued. To be perfectly honest, the devs don't seem to put any effort at all into blocking hacks through any game code systems and Aion doesn't make enough $$ to warrant using any meaningful anti-hack programs.

So that leaves players reporting other players to Support. (As a side note.. Support in Aion blows. They don't just blow but they blow huge, nasty, technicolor chunks. The Support in Aion is so disconnected to the current state of the game that they often give information in response to player's tickets that are two or three patches out of date. It's pretty much an Aion meme at this point that Support is manned entirely by three two-twoed sloths, a four pound turnip and some guy named Steve who was kicked out of the second grade for eating paste. But I digress..) A player can send in a ticket with the name, date, time and physical location that they saw a player do something that is impossible to do in the game world under normal circumstances and Support will ask for video. Keep in mind that Aion records what we do and where we are with time and date stamps. So if I were to send a ticket to Support saying that on July 9th @ 1:16pm EST @Cheesecake-DN flew straight up into the air while we were both standing in front of an npc named Bobonyerk in Pandaemonium. Support would 100% be able to do to that time and date stamp on DN and see exactly what Cake was doing. They could ban her for using a flight hack. But they won't. Rather than do actual work, they will ask for video. I could provide a screenshot that shows me targeting Cake who is over 9k meters from me straight up in the air in this no flight zone and still Support would ask me for a video. Now if I do catch Cake using those tasty hats on video and I submit it along with the time and date and location (which allows Support to verify what they are seeing in the video I provided), I would get back the exact message that @Excalibur-KT posted above. They would thank me for providing the information, but for privacy reasons, they won't tell me what happens. I could watch as Cake logs in day after day and I would have no idea what happened. Support might have warned Cake not to hack. What does that do? Pretty much nothing. Support might have taken no action at all. Let's say that Cake is known as a very large marine mammal with a streamlined hairless body, a horizontal tail fin, and a blowhole on top of the head for breathing. Did that play a part in why she is still running about scot-free even though I had her dead to rights using one of the most visible hats? You bet. We know this because it has happened with more and more frequency as the game has aged.

Once upon a time, players could do an end-run around the incompetent Support by appealing to the CMs. The CMs could do the research using the game data and then provide iron-clad proof that a player was hacking to Support and ask them to ban the player. That didn't work all the time, but it did work. That is until we had the whole Blackcrow incident. (For those not around at the time, Blackcrow was a governor who used flight hats to get on top of a tower at a siege where they killed alts in order to gain massive amounts of contribution to get top GP at sieges. That's what he was -caught- doing. That wasn't the first time he used hats. He even came onto the forums to post all his pay2win items saying that these were his proof that he would never be banned. The staff rallied behind the players and got him banned. He then called a vice president of the company and -cried-. He was given his account back, though it was stripped of the GP. He continued to play far more quietly than he had.. but he did play.) So tell me.. what is the point of the good staff members that we have going out onto a limb to help Aion become a hat-free game? Absolutely none and you can't really blame them. Putting that very visual lesson aside, NCWest has less and less employees who are being asked to do more and more. Who has the time to hold Support's two-twoed feet to the fire?

So what can we do? How can players help clean up Aion when they aren't getting a whole lot of "Support"?

• Don't use hacks yourself. Don't be tempted by the sparklies. Just refuse.
  • Don't tolerate other players that do hack. Don't group with them. Don't accept their help to down bosses or instances. Don't allow them into your legion or your alliances. Shun them. And, for the love of shugos, don't defend them when they get called out just because they are your "friends".
  • Don't get bent out of shape when a hacker beats you. Doesn't matter if it's in PvP or PvE. Just remember that -they- didn't actually beat you. Their hacks did. They are apparently so crap at this game that they need to buy help in order to beat you.

There are things that you just aren't going to be able to fix. So do what you can, keep your eyes on your own game and find enjoyment in just playing Aion.

1 hour ago, Excalibur-KT said:

someone send me link to website where i can buy ice cream please

Here

58 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

So if I were to send a ticket to Support saying that on July 9th @ 1:16pm EST @Cheesecake-DN flew straight up into the air while we were both standing in front of an npc named Bobonyerk in Pandaemonium. Support would 100% be able to do to that time and date stamp on DN and see exactly what Cake was doing. They could ban her for using a flight hack. But they won't. Rather than do actual work, they will ask for video. I could provide a screenshot that shows me targeting Cake who is over 9k meters from me straight up in the air in this no flight zone and still Support would ask me for a video. Now if I do catch Cake using those tasty hats on video and I submit it along with the time and date and location (which allows Support to verify what they are seeing in the video I provided), I would get back the exact message that @Excalibur-KT posted above. They would thank me for providing the information, but for privacy reasons, they won't tell me what happens. I could watch as Cake logs in day after day and I would have no idea what happened. Support might have warned Cake not to hack. What does that do? Pretty much nothing. Support might have taken no action at all. Let's say that Cake is known as a very large marine mammal with a streamlined hairless body, a horizontal tail fin, and a blowhole on top of the head for breathing. Did that play a part in why she is still running about scot-free even though I had her dead to rights using one of the most visible hats? You bet. We know this because it has happened with more and more frequency as the game has aged.

I am now a very large marine mammal with a streamlined hairless body, a horizontal tail fin, and a blowhole on top of the head for breathing, who wears hats and eats ice cream.

(loki look at the link first pls no delete ;-;)

54 minutes ago, Cheesecake-DN said:

I am now a very large marine mammal with a streamlined hairless body, a horizontal tail fin, and a blowhole on top of the head for breathing, who wears hats and eats ice cream.

reblog if you're also a verge large marine animal with a hairless body

Archived