Forums

7.7 waste of time?

Wrathchild-KT

I tried to get back from a looong break and this is my impressions.

I farmed mobs in order to get pvp gear for 1 hour and got 5 shining , 4 bright, 3 brilliant. So I have to farm 100 hours to get my first 3 pieces. To get full set its more 200 hours of farming. I dont play every day, when I play it's 3 to 4 hours max. That is 75 days only to get +0 gear, to make it +15 it will take a lot more days.

Second option is RNG boxes which for me is out of the question, I'll not play 8 hours straight farming spirits and a lot of AP for probably nothing.

Conclusion is, I'm not going to waste 300+ hours to still getting one shotted by ultra farmed people.. bye again, see you in aion classic, if it ever hit NA.

On 11/20/2020 at 6:03 PM, Wrathchild-KT said:

I tried to get back from a looong break and this is my impressions.

I farmed mobs in order to get pvp gear for 1 hour and got 5 shining , 4 bright, 3 brilliant. So I have to farm 100 hours to get my first 3 pieces. To get full set its more 200 hours of farming. I dont play every day, when I play it's 3 to 4 hours max. That is 75 days only to get +0 gear, to make it +15 it will take a lot more days.

Second option is RNG boxes which for me is out of the question, I'll not play 8 hours straight farming spirits and a lot of AP for probably nothing.

Conclusion is, I'm not going to waste 300+ hours to still getting one shotted by ultra farmed people.. bye again, see you in aion classic, if it ever hit NA.

The main issue is not that you have to farm the best current PvP gear for many months. The main issue is that is no properly designed the way to manage different gears. 

In the past, for PvP, we had some options. 

we always had easier to get gears and harder ones. The difference between them was important, yet was possible to play with both. The AP gear used to be the endgame one, and the times to get enought AP and medals was a lot (for most of the players almost a year). But the extra manastone slot and the augments made it interesting to farm. But still we had other options. So we did the work by stages. We get the basic gear just to farm the medium one, and with that we started collecting the best one. Yet, the old gears still was usefull to use with different manastones (the different gears had different stats and the focused on different strong points). 

Now they just make a gear, is like nobody calculates the effort and is just random. You have to do PvE to get the new PvP gear. If the time required is too long, then they make an event and they give the gear for free (so the people who made the effort gets really mad). The amount of manastones and enchanments we can get are not balanced with the difficulty to get the gear. And we dont even know if this gear will last so long there. NCSoft used to keep the old things there just in case, But now it is like they really like to delete things. 

7 hours ago, Azzmaria-KT said:

The main issue is not that you have to farm the best current PvP gear for many months. The main issue is that is no properly designed the way to manage different gears. 

Exactly this, the problem is that now it includes a really awful RNG at the expense of grinding which is gone to total waste unless you get what you were hoping for and AP that is hard to make.

They could have made a more secure way with more materials I guess.

8 hours ago, Azzmaria-KT said:

In the past, for PvP, we had some options. 

we always had easier to get gears and harder ones. The difference between them was important, yet was possible to play with both. The AP gear used to be the endgame one, and the times to get enought AP and medals was a lot (for most of the players almost a year). But the extra manastone slot and the augments made it interesting to farm. But still we had other options. So we did the work by stages. We get the basic gear just to farm the medium one, and with that we started collecting the best one. Yet, the old gears still was usefull to use with different manastones (the different gears had different stats and the focused on different strong points). 

Now they just make a gear, is like nobody calculates the effort and is just random. You have to do PvE to get the new PvP gear. If the time required is too long, then they make an event and they give the gear for free (so the people who made the effort gets really mad). The amount of manastones and enchanments we can get are not balanced with the difficulty to get the gear. And we dont even know if this gear will last so long there. NCSoft used to keep the old things there just in case, But now it is like they really like to delete things. 

There still is DT, and there is also shadowdelve/elyos version which is the easier thing to get in the game get xp mark and buy it ulti outright. Unfortunately our morphing stones was gone but this was 1 way to get the stones. You can get with renown. You can buy bundles with stones or you can also buy the demaha exchange tickets there are a few other ways as well but I guess for some not knowing how to farm stones makes it kind of difficult to know how you can gear. Accessories don't enchant so you save stones there so I think its honestly better than before. Also if you want DT easier grab a small group go to any gate in Ing for asmo, Gelk for elyos and farm the gate captain as they drop boxes with DT pieces in them. Manastones are incredibly easy to get I get an endless amount of them farming Pods and Hidden monsters in gelk/ing and they are selectable.

It's just a different way to get the PvP gear. I tested it when it came out in Korea it takes the same amount of time and AP tryhard or casual as it did to get the full DT ultimate set. If you are actually putting in a little work I know plenty of people with 2 pieces already. If you did anything in the new map you at least have 1 piece. I guess you can say I was lucky as I have 3 pieces. It is really not that bad wrong pieces can be used for your item collection which do give good stats for this gear most of us have DT gear if you don't you prob have Kata set if you are brand new there is a shadowdelve set or equivelent for Elyos. If someone casual could get the DT set in 1 week please tell me how so idk why people expect to get the new set full in 1 week without grinding their butt off. Its a handful of manastones better than DT so its not like your gonna get 1 shot if someone is in the new armor and weapon vs you in DT. If you run 1 HM and a PvP instance you lose you will have enough AP a day to buy plenty of phails and you will by the end of the week get the overflowing phail if you put in a little work each day. This is not why I believe that PvP is rubbish in this game also I feel that most actual PvP don't believe this is the reason either. It was never about time to farm gear, that is the least of the problem that is PvP in Aion.

12 hours ago, Iostcrazyman-KT said:

There still is DT, and there is also shadowdelve/elyos version which is the easier thing to get in the game get xp mark and buy it ulti outright. Unfortunately our morphing stones was gone but this was 1 way to get the stones.

Morphing recipes will be back, it was addressed by Kibbelz, the reason they vanished is because it is a regional thing and when they got 7.7 they forgot to re-add it.

As for Dark Talon it is a second grade pvp gear now, the Bitterthorn is so much better in every aspect, especially the gear.If you are going to waste enchants RNG and AP it is better to go for Bitterthorn.

The weapon's main offense is almost identical 4794 vs 4796, but look at the p.def and m.def and all the other stats

2020-11-25-05-16.png

As for main gear it is a big difference if you take the whole set. I do not know about optional stats difference to be honest. If they also give better max reward that increases the difference.
2020-11-25-05-16-01.png

1 hour ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

Morphing recipes will be back, it was addressed by Kibbelz, the reason they vanished is because it is a regional thing and when they got 7.7 they forgot to re-add it.

As for Dark Talon it is a second grade pvp gear now, the Bitterthorn is so much better in every aspect, especially the gear.If you are going to waste enchants RNG and AP it is better to go for Bitterthorn.

The weapon's main offense is almost identical 4794 vs 4796, but look at the p.def and m.def and all the other stats

2020-11-25-05-16.png

As for main gear it is a big difference if you take the whole set. I do not know about optional stats difference to be honest. If they also give better max reward that increases the difference.
2020-11-25-05-16-01.png

Yes technically the tuned stats are higher as well but by a very small amount like each def by 5, atk by 6, hp varies so avg is 20. This means you have 11 pieces whatever you can slot in manastones more than the other player if they wanted to have your exact same same base stats this seems big but I mean if you just look at unsocket stats you have 210 more atk if you max tune have 2 of the weapons combined and 238 p.def/m.def more 426 more HP. Thats 33 slots to socket that same amount in DT. In the grand scheme of things little def stats less really not that much of a difference so really don't think its that much of a rush. Participate in events, grind renown for selectable box, last use little bits of AP if you have it from running PvP instance or HM. It'll take a longer time as a fresh start player but you wont have any issues just using xp mark until or old DT. Again they won't 1 shot you because you don't have the new gear. They are an arti buff stronger than you and thats it lol its not that serious

51 minutes ago, Iostcrazyman-KT said:

Yes technically the tuned stats are higher as well but by a very small amount like each def by 5, atk by 6, hp varies so avg is 20. This means you have 11 pieces whatever you can slot in manastones more than the other player if they wanted to have your exact same same base stats this seems big but I mean if you just look at unsocket stats you have 210 more atk if you max tune have 2 of the weapons combined and 238 p.def/m.def more 426 more HP. Thats 33 slots to socket that same amount in DT. In the grand scheme of things little def stats less really not that much of a difference so really don't think its that much of a rush. Participate in events, grind renown for selectable box, last use little bits of AP if you have it from running PvP instance or HM. It'll take a longer time as a fresh start player but you wont have any issues just using xp mark until or old DT. Again they won't 1 shot you because you don't have the new gear. They are an arti buff stronger than you and thats it lol its not that serious

If he is not a new player he already has DT+15, if he is a new player I wouldn't suggest anyone to invest in DT unless they can get a ready chest like I did from the normal transmutation (I used potions from GST, about 4m per transmute). But then again getting a erady ultimate DT is stil in need of enchanting, retuning, selective retuning and socketing.

8 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

if he is a new player 

Unfortunately, a new player will be unable to get the new Bitterthorn gear anytime soon because it is waaaaay too hard to farm in Timeless Terrace currently. A new player would be one-shot over and over and over. It's frustrating enough to be zerged when you're in full DT +15. I cannot imagine it as a fresh level 80 with no gear whatsoever. Not to mention, even if they AREN'T killed by the opposite faction, it would take them 5 minutes to kill a single mob.

38 minutes ago, Vantheria-DN said:

Unfortunately, a new player will be unable to get the new Bitterthorn gear anytime soon because it is waaaaay too hard to farm in Timeless Terrace currently. A new player would be one-shot over and over and over. It's frustrating enough to be zerged when you're in full DT +15. I cannot imagine it as a fresh level 80 with no gear whatsoever. Not to mention, even if they AREN'T killed by the opposite faction, it would take them 5 minutes to kill a single mob.

Yes, of course, plus the mobs there are quite tough to kill solo or even with a group of ungeared people. So far I am going there to claim the 10 cheap soul vials so I won't have to buy the expensive ones if I ever decide to go farm the new gear. I have almost 900m AP but that extra grinding and the solo-unfriendliness of 7.7 is making me wanna go idle once again (which I most likely will in the end)

A shared map that is a necessity to gear, what could go wrong.

Archived