The Reality of Aion NA 7.7 in its Current State

Pharoahra-DN

@Loki @Kibbelz @Hime

Let's be real here: This patch was solely designed for the Korean players play style and to keep players online longer because their gaming setup is designed a bit differently than ours.

Yes, this is a Korean originated MMO. However, when you bring it overseas it requires adjustments just as Gameforge has done for their version of Aion.

7.7 is very unfriendly to the majority of NA players who don't have the time or money to be ultra-hardcore 24/7 grinders. People just want to play the game and enjoy it, however in its current state it feels like a second job on some days. It should never feel like a job playing Aion. I love the heck out of Aion still, and enjoy gearing up for hardcore bosses and pvp'ing against people who don't cheat. Right now there are a lot of issues that need to be addressed, unfortunately.

Currently, the game is super unfriendly to new players aside from the change to exp mark gear which was slightly helpful. The Bitterthorn gear grind is stupid in many ways and gives advantage to fully geared players, zergs, cheaters, and hardcore grinders who don't sleep or work. The Faction imbalance is kind of ridiculous right now and if you're an Asmodian, World Bosses are miles out of reach. The Cheating has gotten out of hand. This needs to be addressed more than anything because all these 3rd party programs people are using to enhance their combat is getting out of hand and for me personally has killed most PvP and is a big turn-off for most players I know.

There are many other problems such as the terrible lack of ability to get ultimate xforms without extreme luck or lots of money as well as all the other bugs and missing lack of quality of life features. I understand this game is part of a business and has to make money each month, but reason needs to come into play here and you have to start meeting the players halfway otherwise players will keep quitting this game each month because it is becoming less and and less accessible to those without tons of spare dollars. I personally know quite a few people who quit when 7.7 started because of how inaccessible it is to most players.

These are my observations. Others may have a different opinion but I've been watching this game's changes for a long time now and I'd say my notes are fairly spot on as to the problem areas.

Thanks for Reading.

• Pharoahra-DN changed the title to The Reality of Aion NA 7.7 in its Current State

I came from playing Lineage II back when Aion launched in NA in 2009, I don't mind grinding, really I don't because I use to hardcore grinding from L2... that being said, this is just ridiculous with the RNG and bugs in Aion....

I've been back a few months now after taking a few off and I am playing Aion far too many hours a day to admit cause I'm currently not working. I almost never miss a world boss or siege I burn through almost all my CDs every week, I don't miss dailies/weeklies, yet I still don't have a S rank minion, enchanted Para Weapon, nor even an imbuned weapon! Heck until a couple weeks ago I didn't have full Ultimate Stones in my PVE gear and I grind the hidden mobs every night for a few hours. My PVP set still isn't +15 and is only Ancient stones in it. I just got my 2nd deava skill advanced and that's with buying TONS of essences and skill books from the Broker and Renown officer and spending some $$ on the BCM.  

I know "endgame" content is suppose to be a little grindy to keep us busy, but let me tell you, it should not be this difficult for some of us that are playing full time!  Drop rates, enchant rates, socket rates...their all rubbish! 

You can't have a game that's 99.99% focused on Endgame and make getting to Endgame so easy but then make it feel impossible to achieve anything while playing endgame content!  

I have seen a TON of new and returning players come back, grind hardcore for a month or two and then just leave again because they feel like it's impossible to progress or catch up. Lots of them even come back to see if there's event's to help, but we just keep getting crappy event after crappy event, making it impossible for them to catch up.

This patch has turned Aion basically into a Solo-player game, you know the thing that the Dev team claimed to wanted to avoid? It is almost impossible to gear and maintain more then 1 toon at a time also, which is sad because that use to be one of the fun things about this game, experiencing the different classes and gearing up multiple toons each patch. Heck just 2 years ago I had a fully geared Glad, Templar, Cleric and sorc i could jump on and run just about anything on or go out PVPing on all day and have fun. 3 of them even were ranked high enough that they could Xform.... and that was playing just a couple hours a day and being able to skip sieges/world bosses. Now it's all I can do just to keep up with one toon while playing full-time and never missing anything! 

It breaks my heart truly! I love this game because it's beautiful and has an amazing combat system and has many features in it that are just fun, but I feel like you guys are squandering the potential of the game. It's gotten so bad that just about every class in the game has dramatic typos in their skill descriptions and yet you ignore them, instead you focus your time making sure that the freaking Credits display the proper names.... something NO ONE PLAYING cares about or even looks at! 

I don't know who the heck is in charge over there (Probably because WE DON'T READ THE CREDITS), but either they need to wake up or move on to somewhere else. We deserve  better!

7.7... all i read is the introduction of omega stones. That is when they changed the game to be 90% event content and 10% play content. That is exactly how you get geared now even as a new player. You wait around do boring tasks in game till you finally get great events for catch up.

Asmo's lose world bosses because their entire faction is comprised of selfish solo/small group players that can not put the past behind them. That is fact it was not they would be taking world bosses no problem. Legitimately the only people i have seen on P-servers QQing and trying to start drama are retail NA asmos. OMG this guy stole my loot from DP 7 years ago i can not play with them on this P-servers because they are toxic. 

Beyond that the cheating has always existed, Almost every governer in the game more than likely did the upper fort solo hack. If you did not there was 0 way you were going to keep up with AP/GP unless you were doing 20-30 EBs a day or w/e it was to compete with the AP>GP conversions

13 minutes ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

Beyond that the cheating has always existed, Almost every governer in the game more than likely did the upper fort solo hack. If you did not there was 0 way you were going to keep up with AP/GP unless you were doing 20-30 EBs a day or w/e it was to compete with the AP>GP conversions

You are entitled to your opinions in both posts but the fact is that game has never been in the state it is in currently. Yes, cheating has always existed in some form or another and unfortunately there are people who don't have the proper personal character to avoid those cheats, but the level of cheating going on right now is pretty crazy.  I mean seriously people, do you have to be the best so badly that you have to turn to throwing skill out the window? It speaks volumes about them as gamers.

Yes, you are correct though about the selfishness deterring from world boss kills for Asmodians and it is quite a sad thing, but it is impossible to ignore the fact that there are quite a few more active Elyos when it comes to cross-server stuff, so yes, there is indeed an imbalance in one form or another whether Elyos players want to admit it or not.

46 minutes ago, Pharoahra-DN said:

You are entitled to your opinions in both posts but the fact is that game has never been in the state it is in currently. Yes, cheating has always existed in some form or another and unfortunately there are people who don't have the proper personal character to avoid those cheats, but the level of cheating going on right now is pretty crazy.  I mean seriously people, do you have to be the best so badly that you have to turn to throwing skill out the window? It speaks volumes about them as gamers.

Yes, you are correct though about the selfishness deterring from world boss kills for Asmodians and it is quite a sad thing, but it is impossible to ignore the fact that there are quite a few more active Elyos when it comes to cross-server stuff, so yes, there is indeed an imbalance in one form or another whether Elyos players want to admit it or not.

I am not sure how new you are to Aion but do you remember back during 4.X when the anti-hack tool first came out. The game was sinless. They were all a dying breed. Sin account sales went through the roof people said they got bored with the game so they are no longer logging in. For 2 weeks it was like this till people came out with counter video's pretending it was "fake positives". It has been in the game since before omega stones were added people just eventually accepted it. 

The issue resurfaces every now and then but cheating has been the controlling factor of Aion's top tier content for the better part of the last 5 years players are just turning a blind eye to it so long as they can benefit from it and then cry about it when it affects them greatly.

11 minutes ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

I am not sure how new you are to Aion but do you remember back during 4.X when the anti-hack tool first came out. The game was sinless. They were all a dying breed. Sin account sales went through the roof people said they got bored with the game so they are no longer logging in. For 2 weeks it was like this till people came out with counter video's pretending it was "fake positives". It has been in the game since before omega stones were added people just eventually accepted it. 

The issue resurfaces every now and then but cheating has been the controlling factor of Aion's top tier content for the better part of the last 5 years players are just turning a blind eye to it so long as they can benefit from it and then cry about it when it affects them greatly.

Considering I've been here since beta but took a small break during 4, I fully understand that some cheating has been around since the early days but again, it has never been as bad as it is now. Period. You may call it "crying" but it is an issue that needs to be fully brought to the surface and dealt with once and for all.

I'm done debating this because the current climate couldn't be any more obvious.

1 minute ago, Pharoahra-DN said:

Considering I've been here since beta but took a small break during 4, I fully understand that some cheating has been around since the early days but again, it has never been as bad as it is now. Period. You may call it "crying" but it is an issue that needs to be fully brought to the surface and dealt with once and for all.

I'm done debating this because the current climate couldn't be any more obvious.

If you have 500 people and 250 of them are legit and 250 cheat that is bad right? What about when 150 of those legit people leave leaving you with 100 legit and 250 cheaters. Is this making it worse? No there is the same number of cheaters. Sure the % of cheaters to legit players logging in are in favor of the cheaters but the amount of cheaters never increased.

The only changing factor is that more legit players have left the game so you are forced to frequent the cheaters more often. No it is not out of control now compared to the old days, It was always this out of control for the better part of 5 years you just had more legit players sticking it out.

47 minutes ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

If you have 500 people and 250 of them are legit and 250 cheat that is bad right? What about when 150 of those legit people leave leaving you with 100 legit and 250 cheaters. Is this making it worse? No there is the same number of cheaters. Sure the % of cheaters to legit players logging in are in favor of the cheaters but the amount of cheaters never increased.

The only changing factor is that more legit players have left the game so you are forced to frequent the cheaters more often. No it is not out of control now compared to the old days, It was always this out of control for the better part of 5 years you just had more legit players sticking it out.

Attempting to discredit my post to make the cheaters look good isn't working. There are too many cheaters. Period. The End. Have a good night.

Just now, Pharoahra-DN said:

Attempting to discredit my post to make the cheaters look good isn't working. There are too many cheaters. Period. The End. Have a good night.

How does it discredit what you said? If anything i agreed with you...If there are 250 cheaters now vs 250 cheaters back in the day does that discredit what you said? No it makes cheating more prevalent today than back in the day due to their being less legitimate players around. Exactly what i said in the previous post just worded differently.

So like i already said, It is not any worse than it was back in the day you simply just ran in to more legitimate players that stuck out the game over the past 5 years. Now the legitimate players left in droves you are stuck noticing the cheaters more and more because they are in almost every single game encounter.

6 minutes ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

How does it discredit what you said? If anything i agreed with you...If there are 250 cheaters now vs 250 cheaters back in the day does that discredit what you said? No it makes cheating more prevalent today than back in the day due to their being less legitimate players around. Exactly what i said in the previous post just worded differently.

So like i already said, It is not any worse than it was back in the day you simply just ran in to more legitimate players that stuck out the game over the past 5 years. Now the legitimate players left in droves you are stuck noticing the cheaters more and more because they are in almost every single game encounter.

Okay, I apologize I probably misunderstood the point you were trying to get across. I jumped to conclusions about what you were inferring.

I just honestly feel it is way more out of control than in the past. I feel like with the decline of the NA producers having any care for our in-game environment more people have decided to say screw it and resort to cheap tricks to win. The problems that bothers me is I see people resorting to new tactics that used to be against because "everyone else is doing it" and it just really bothers me as someone who enjoys many aspects of Aion's design.

3 hours ago, Sweetzerlandia-KT said:

I can confirm that I was getting back into Aion saw this patch information and went back to playing other games.

I'll wait for a more friendly patch

I tried logging in, hopped around and was so lost. 
I'm really trying to hold onto hope here, I miss this game so so much.  ><

Archived