Stop Taking Away Our GP Quests!

Rag-DN

18 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

Hi everyone,

Tomorrow's maintenance update is just around the corner, and is expected to begin at 6am Server Time (4am PT / 7am ET / 11am UTC), and last for approximately 3 hours. A full list of changes is available below:

Quest

• Fixed an issue where Lakrum GP quests were obtainable after the Unshackled Fate update. Affected quests will be deleted.

A quick note - the boost event starting this week was originally planned to start on 12/16. However, after seeing feedback regarding the need for additional AP and XP sources, we thought it best to start it two weeks early, but keeping the same end date. We hope you enjoy it while we work with the dev team for a better solution.

Stop taking these quets away!

It' a whooping 30 GP a day, it's not game breaking! I had so much fun over the last 2 weeks going out with groups daily to complete these quests, it actually motivated players to go out and PVP. We need more motivation to PVP because other then in Kata with the XP rewards there, no other zone has any motivation worthwhile to PVP. STOP TAKING AWAY NICE THINGS FROM US! Seriously! It's not game breaking, it's fun, and it helps promote players to PLAY the game. Seroiusly of all the crap you fix, you always take away the stuff the players enjoy then only fix the small little things that no one cares about or useses.

@Kibbelz  @Hime @Gideon @Loki

4 minutes ago, Vantheria-DN said:

I'm not sure I have an opinion either way about if they should remain, but I will agree that they help induce pvp. Back in 6.5(?) when they were messed up and the weeklies were actually dailies, there was a tooooon of pvp activity in Lakrum. It was pretty fun at that time.

I wish they had more quests for PVP to create incentive to pvp. I miss the Officer hunting quests back in the day to get Godstones. With they'd do a remake of that or something for Enchant Stones/Ult Manastones etc. This patch, and the few before, have felt very Dry for motivation to actively PVP.

48 minutes ago, Rag-DN said:

This patch, and the few before, have felt very Dry for motivation to actively PVP.

There is absolutely no reason to do pvp instances, and it sucks. Boyfriend and I went into IB last night for the first time in probably a year and, of course, there were no people on the other team to fight against. And why would there be? The reward for winning the instance was 98k AP and 2 battlefield coins. Utterly abysmal. They could reward pvp enchantment stones, soul vials, those orange pot things you need in Timeless Terrace, or other things to help gear up in pvp, but no, you get less than 100k AP and 2 useless coins.

1 hour ago, Loki said:

They were not supposed to be added in 7.7, so we had them removed. If this is something you guys want though, we can of course consider intentionally adding them to our version.

I actually don't agree with keeping those particular PvP quests as people can easily use their elyos/asmo alts to farm GP.

However, what will induce better pvp action is adding daily GP quests to the PvP instances/battlegrounds. This in my opinion, would be the better option. currently pvp battlegrounds are pretty useless/dead for most reasons and need to be revamped to either gear us towards bitterthorn gear or xeross gear and should have daily GP rewards

32 minutes ago, BigDiaoNylo-KT said:

you stupid hippos need to use your tiny manatee brains, the quests aren't supposed to be in this patch and I honestly don't see how these quests would help induce pvp, lucky room maybe you DN ppl are having fun killing undergeared alts, but the baular camp ew no. 

Couple Things here....

1. You're rude

2. Hippos and Manatees are completely different animals, heck their not even the same clade for classifications.

3.  Manatees might have extremely small brains, HOWEVER they are actually considered extremely intelligent, arguably as intelligent as Dolphins...so your insult is somewhat of a compliment.

4.  Regular players do not know exactly what quests are suppose to be in what patches unless we're told by the Dev team.

5. Any quest that rewards PVP with a decent reward (Such as GP) makes PVP more tempting.

6. What is "lucky room?"

7. Flipping camps for the quest helps undergeared players get their camps for XP so that's a win/win for the comunity.

8. You're Rude

9. See #1 and #8 again

10. Just for kicks.... YOU ARE RUDE! Either be polite and state your opinion without trashing others in the community or get off the forums.

2 minutes ago, Pharoahra-DN said:

I actually don't agree with keeping those particular PvP quests as people can easily use their elyos/asmo alts to farm GP.

However, what will induce better pvp action is adding daily GP quests to the PvP instances/battlegrounds. This in my opinion, would be the better option. currently pvp battlegrounds are pretty useless/dead for most reasons and need to be revamped to either gear us towards bitterthorn gear or xeross gear and should have daily GP rewards

The lakrum GP quests can be completed in the Que entry zones. It's what several of us had been doing every night as more motivation to run these instances. 

Archived