So whats the vision now NCWest?

Vasilios-KT

I would like to look bad at an article released on September 22nd, 2020 entitled "Our vision for Aion, and a reflection on previous decisions." Now, I would like to look back at some points made by NCWest and in the end I am asking. Whats the vision now?

Now for background information, for anyone who wasnt playing at this time, when 7.5 (i think it was 7.5, i cant keep up with any past patches ) came it had many glorious features this included, most notably, the Tiamat and Ereshikgal transformations and the afk farming system. Now, this farming system, in particular, wasnt released on NA, but it was released on KR and EU. Thats about all the background information you need.

But heres some quotes from it 

To give a bit more insight into the reasons behind this decision, it's important to understand our philosophical approach to MMORPGs as the NCSOFT West Aion team, and as players of MMORPGs ourselves. For us, the primary thing separating MMORPGs from many other game genres, even other online games, is the vibrant community and social interaction they encourage. Rather than logging in and participating in a series of matches against random players each session, players enter the same virtual world together, where they can run into familiar faces and build relationships with one another.... Our takeaway from this research is that auto-hunting has a profound effect on player communities by causing a substantial shift towards solo play. The corollary to this is a reduction in player interaction and engagement. 

https://www.aiononline.com/news/sept-2020-producers-letter

Now, I want to bring back my question. Whats the vision now? Since this news release we have had multiple events and special occasions that punished and discouraged any multiplayer activities, or things that were implemented into the game and further divided players, by making them have to solo even more to make accomplishments, or creating a situation where players are giving the ability to progress without giving everyone the same capabilities (and no, I am not talking about p2w and f2p.... this time). I do want to add that my memory is not the best, so I may have forgotten or left out some things. But here are two examples, that I remember:

The first event right after this post, "Harvest Festival & Hanbok Pixel" showed an aspect that punished players for grouping to work through the event.  The  Pine Lover Moon mobs spawned every day from 20:00 to 22:00 sever time, I dont know about asmos but swarms of elyos on KT came in and were killing these mobs like crazy. The first three days of me trying to farm, i got like 10 pines in total. It was crazy times. After that, more and more players grouped up but there was still a lot of mob stealing. The players that did group up had to give up pines, because they had to be rolled on and divided up between the rest of the group members. This HIGHLY discouraged group activity and working together as a community, if anything it did the complete opposite. We did get a survey with pines, but this feature was still implemented and approved by the NCWest team in the first place. It was shown with enormous criticism and no change was made to the feature itself. 

Then the current events going on, they discourage group activity and community building more than anything before. First of all, the Melons are roll-able again so they cant even be farmed as a group, but thats not as important. The NPCs that spawn at 9:00 server time every day, are absolutely horrible. They might as well have been taken out of the event entirely. How can something thats so limited be so community building, or encouraging players to work together. A +12 RANDOM class-based stigma bundle has FIVE stock for the entire server, an Ariel transformation or an Imbued weapon has ONE stock for the entire server. One, thats it. I know people who have been going to these NPCs every single day since they stated working, and they havent gotten a single thing. Personally, I have been going these last few days and I havent been able to buy one +12 stigma bundle. Even the enchantment stones, I know several people who still havent been able to get them even though they go every day. A vast majority of the people getting these rewards are those who have bots, this event has done nothing but encourage bot activity and tell players its okay to cheat. These types of events hurt a faction more then helping it, players get excited and believe they have a chance but then they get shut down night after night. Personally, these NPCs spawn late for me and Ive tried to stay up to get to them. But whats the point if the chances for me to get one +12 stigma box is .000001%. It feels like im trying to get an ultimate transformation from any event, except I literally get nothing else when I fail.

So back to my question. What is the vision now? 

2 hours ago, Vasilios-KT said:

Vision is keep lying that they heard us loud and clear hugging us with one hand and reaching into our pockets with the other, keep vaguely promising things will get better somewhere between now and eternity and keep ignoring themselves out of any issues that arise on the way until it blows over because its easier than actually doing their jobs.

vSszQPc.gif

8 hours ago, Viseris-KT said:

keep ignoring themselves out of any issues that arise on the way until it blows over because its easier than actually doing their jobs.

To be fair, they didnt even assert themselves into the  Pine needle situation, the only reason we got those is because they messed up the trader with the transformation contract.

7.7 Took away Titan coin farming which was a social activity I enjoyed. It worked because everyone got a bag of coins from the mob.  Now that's gone.

When people have to roll for a small chance at getting the reward, it is inferior to sharing. This "all or nothing mindset" discourages co-operation.

47 minutes ago, Ele-DN said:

Do they even have one with no playerbase?

Aion has a good player base, just not in the US. That's an NC west problem.

Aion is the 7th. most popular MMO in Korea currently, way ahead of other NCSoft titles like Lineage and BNS.

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&u=https://www.gamemeca.com/popup/ranking.php?scode%3DO

4 minutes ago, Ferk-DN said:

Aion has a good player base, just not in the US. That's an NC west problem.

Aion is the 7th. most popular MMO in Korea currently, way ahead of other NCSoft titles like Lineage and BNS.

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&u=https://www.gamemeca.com/popup/ranking.php?scode%3DO

The only reason Aion is 7th is due classic. It legitimately has 60-70% bot population and the actual player pop count would be around 30-40k or close to it.

8 minutes ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

The only reason Aion is 7th is due classic. It legitimately has 60-70% bot population and the actual player pop count would be around 30-40k or close to it.

Aion Classic is very successful in Korea, people hate the P2W business model of the F2P current Aion, they just want an MMO which depends on skill.

1 hour ago, Ferk-DN said:

Aion Classic is very successful in Korea, people hate the P2W business model of the F2P current Aion, they just want an MMO which depends on skill.

I play there...My server(the 4th server) by the end of december had less than 500 people showing up to siege because they were locked out hours before siege due to bots. This does not mean it is not popular because other sieges felt like it had upwards of 2000 players but it is the truth that bots were outnumbering players when i was playing.

I recently stopped playing because people are just AP trading and getting instant PvP gear so they can flex on people that are leveling. It has hit the point where we are having level 25(https://aion.plaync.com/characters/server/23/id/92107/home) commanders. 

Edit: P.S Aion was never about skill it was about gear and numbers and godstones.

2 hours ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

I play there...My server(the 4th server) by the end of december had less than 500 people showing up to siege because they were locked out hours before siege due to bots. This does not mean it is not popular because other sieges felt like it had upwards of 2000 players but it is the truth that bots were outnumbering players when i was playing.

I recently stopped playing because people are just AP trading and getting instant PvP gear so they can flex on people that are leveling. It has hit the point where we are having level 25(https://aion.plaync.com/characters/server/23/id/92107/home) commanders. 

Edit: P.S Aion was never about skill it was about gear and numbers and godstones.

No a problem, the F2P will end when the subscription kicks in and bots will disappear unless the bot owners want you pay for a subscription for each one.

2 hours ago, Ferk-DN said:

No a problem, the F2P will end when the subscription kicks in and bots will disappear unless the bot owners want you pay for a subscription for each one.

??? What do you mean obviously the owners pay for the bots that is the whole reason why they are there. There is no free time other than the hour a day you get and other occasional promotional things.

On 1/5/2021 at 11:09 PM, Vasilios-KT said:

I would like to look bad at an article released on September 22nd, 2020 entitled "Our vision for Aion, and a reflection on previous decisions." Now, I would like to look back at some points made by NCWest and in the end I am asking. Whats the vision now?

Now for background information, for anyone who wasnt playing at this time, when 7.5 (i think it was 7.5, i cant keep up with any past patches ) came it had many glorious features this included, most notably, the Tiamat and Ereshikgal transformations and the afk farming system. Now, this farming system, in particular, wasnt released on NA, but it was released on KR and EU. Thats about all the background information you need.

But heres some quotes from it 

Now, I want to bring back my question. Whats the vision now? Since this news release we have had multiple events and special occasions that punished and discouraged any multiplayer activities, or things that were implemented into the game and further divided players, by making them have to solo even more to make accomplishments, or creating a situation where players are giving the ability to progress without giving everyone the same capabilities (and no, I am not talking about p2w and f2p.... this time). I do want to add that my memory is not the best, so I may have forgotten or left out some things. But here are two examples, that I remember:

The first event right after this post, "Harvest Festival & Hanbok Pixel" showed an aspect that punished players for grouping to work through the event.  The  Pine Lover Moon mobs spawned every day from 20:00 to 22:00 sever time, I dont know about asmos but swarms of elyos on KT came in and were killing these mobs like crazy. The first three days of me trying to farm, i got like 10 pines in total. It was crazy times. After that, more and more players grouped up but there was still a lot of mob stealing. The players that did group up had to give up pines, because they had to be rolled on and divided up between the rest of the group members. This HIGHLY discouraged group activity and working together as a community, if anything it did the complete opposite. We did get a survey with pines, but this feature was still implemented and approved by the NCWest team in the first place. It was shown with enormous criticism and no change was made to the feature itself. 

Then the current events going on, they discourage group activity and community building more than anything before. First of all, the Melons are roll-able again so they cant even be farmed as a group, but thats not as important. The NPCs that spawn at 9:00 server time every day, are absolutely horrible. They might as well have been taken out of the event entirely. How can something thats so limited be so community building, or encouraging players to work together. A +12 RANDOM class-based stigma bundle has FIVE stock for the entire server, an Ariel transformation or an Imbued weapon has ONE stock for the entire server. One, thats it. I know people who have been going to these NPCs every single day since they stated working, and they havent gotten a single thing. Personally, I have been going these last few days and I havent been able to buy one +12 stigma bundle. Even the enchantment stones, I know several people who still havent been able to get them even though they go every day. A vast majority of the people getting these rewards are those who have bots, this event has done nothing but encourage bot activity and tell players its okay to cheat. These types of events hurt a faction more then helping it, players get excited and believe they have a chance but then they get shut down night after night. Personally, these NPCs spawn late for me and Ive tried to stay up to get to them. But whats the point if the chances for me to get one +12 stigma box is .000001%. It feels like im trying to get an ultimate transformation from any event, except I literally get nothing else when I fail.

The sad thing is that article neither expressed any sort of vision for the future of Aion nor did it reflect on past decisions. It spent three paragraphs talking about something completely unrelated and then concluded. A corporate cop out if I've ever seen one.

1 hour ago, Jagblade-DN said:

The sad thing is that article neither expressed any sort of vision for the future of Aion nor did it reflect on past decisions. It spent three paragraphs talking about something completely unrelated and then concluded. A corporate cop out if I've ever seen one.

Thats been the issue for years now, NCWest keeps us uninformed and doesnt listen to player input. The last time we had a sense of the future for aion was when Kibbelz was brought to be a CM, but that form post seems to have done nothing. Theres been no changes or updates to reflect their desire to make the game better. They literally have an entire list. thats labeled by importance, of the things to change and do to please the player base and maintain a strong community.. yet its probably gotten corrupted like 90% of the other files on their KT Database.  

Archived