Aion 7.8 patch notes

Cyfur

6 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

We already got a nerf on that one in 7.5 or something. And it is a lame excuse for a drain, it only works on pve, for pvp the amount it drains is literally nothing and if the enemy has a skill that evades it, we lose the multi-cast on it!

We are back to not having a self-healing skill effectively.

Yeah, I hate that nerf. But in the patch notes I didn't see it get changed to a fix number, like it was still 20%.

1 hour ago, Vasilios-KT said:

Yeah, I hate that nerf. But in the patch notes I didn't see it get changed to a fix number, like it was still 20%.

No skills that heal on damage got changed. its only %HP buffs and heals

then the tragic healing nerfs to the healing classes. Way to kick bards and clerics while they are down

1 hour ago, Iostcrazyman-KT said:

No skills that heal on damage got changed. its only %HP buffs and heals

then the tragic healing nerfs to the healing classes. Way to kick bards and clerics while they are down

Some of the nerfs are actually "fixes". The healing classes aren't weak by any means. This is probably done to bring some balance, when a healing class can totally outheal your dps against them and at he same time dps you pretty hard, then your class has no reason to exist.

52 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

Some of the nerfs are actually "fixes". The healing classes aren't weak by any means. This is probably done to bring some balance, when a healing class can totally outheal your dps against them and at he same time dps you pretty hard, then your class has no reason to exist.

Lol, you make me laugh. When my cleric gets attacked in PvP, it is lucky to be able to hit remove shock before it dies. Where is this magical out heal dps thing you speak of?

The "nerfs" in the patch notes are clearly for Xforms as I pointed out earlier. For normal players they are heal buff, assuming you can actually fire off a heal skill.

1 hour ago, Ferk-DN said:

Lol, you make me laugh. When my cleric gets attacked in PvP, it is lucky to be able to hit remove shock before it dies. Where is this magical out heal dps thing you speak of?

The "nerfs" in the patch notes are clearly for Xforms as I pointed out earlier. For normal players they are heal buff, assuming you can actually fire off a heal skill.

Apparently you are not a geared cleric. Because clerics have had their ups and down but mostly they are pretty good on pvp because their class is supposed to have the most survival due to heals but they are also packed with a ton of offenses and disabling skills against the enemies.

Well PvP you can't heal a target that gets 1 shot. PvE I know you haven't been doing PvE but Cleric are no longer a healer class in PvE its dps same with SW, only PvE healer is Chanter. As far as the %HP changes is because there is a really interesting thing that happens when your base HP is 100k and you stack multiple %HP buffs on a character. Like a templar that goes from 100k base HP to 165k+ Buffed.

I have literally watched a legion mate who is a PvE only player actually double tap on an enemy and kill them. He has PvP gear but he doesn't PvP unless its to complete lugbug or materials to get more gear so he can use in his item collections. A SM that literally deletes you in a 2x activation skill? It was 43k first tap 36k 2nd his additional strike proc and his area strike proc too but still really. There was absolutely 0 chance to heal that and before you say you are right I can't see the enemies full gear for all I know they were just wearing a skin over their naked body but as a General I feel they had to have some type of gear or something.

we getting some good changes in this version, like cleric nerf and the xforms boost right now xforms are super weak and no point to get in the top 100, sad part the way to rank up in the siege will be the same so the p2w ppl with the higher AP runestone will get the higher reward in each single siege even with bad dps. hope they fix this in the future or we getting the same rank system as before  ( authiel+alaryl era) 

22 minutes ago, Iostcrazyman-KT said:

Well PvP you can't heal a target that gets 1 shot. PvE I know you haven't been doing PvE but Cleric are no longer a healer class in PvE its dps same with SW, only PvE healer is Chanter. As far as the %HP changes is because there is a really interesting thing that happens when your base HP is 100k and you stack multiple %HP buffs on a character. Like a templar that goes from 100k base HP to 165k+ Buffed.

NCSoft seems to be going in the direction to make the healers, clerics, a dps class. And the dps class, chanter, a heal class. And then a super dps class, sw, useless. Chanters are much stronger then clerics in terms of healing, which I don't think thats ever been a thing. Of course chanters healed, but it was never to the extent of clerics. Now its like one chanter heal can beat out an entire rotation of cleric heals. And who knows what they're even going with sw. I mean seriously, that class is just the worst of the worst right now in game. 

14 minutes ago, Vasilios-KT said:

NCSoft seems to be going in the direction to make the healers, clerics, a dps class. And the dps class, chanter, a heal class. And then a super dps class, sw, useless. Chanters are much stronger then clerics in terms of healing, which I don't think thats ever been a thing. Of course chanters healed, but it was never to the extent of clerics. Now its like one chanter heal can beat out an entire rotation of cleric heals. And who knows what they're even going with sw. I mean seriously, that class is just the worst of the worst right now in game. 

My SW heals much better than a cleric too sadly I feel like even a templar can outheal a cleric they are just rubbish healers.

"생명력을 기반으로 일정 비율만큼 회복하거나, 생명력 자체를 크게 증가시켜주는 스킬은
캐릭터의 최대 HP에 따라 그 효과 차이가 직업별 크게 나타났으며 특정 상태에서 과도하게 생명력이 상승하였습니다.

또한 효과의 직관성과 스킬의 시전을 위해 고려해야 하는 사항이 다소 까다로웠습니다.

이를 해결하기 위해 일부 스킬의 생명력 증가치와 회복 효과를 고정 값으로 변경하였으며, 전반적으로 위력을 상향하였습니다.
사실 해당 스킬의 대부분은 생명력 증가 효과보다는 회복 효과에 대한 비중이 훨씬 높았기 때문에 두 효과를 유의미하게 조정하였습니다.

추가로 일부 직업의 스킬이 순간적으로 과도한 생존 능력을 발휘한다고 판단하여 회복 관련 효과에 대해서도 함께 변경되었습니다.

이번에 적용되는 변경사항을 통해 아직 충분한 성장을 이루지 못하신 플레이어 분들도 보다 생존력이 높아지고, 이를 잘 활용할 수 있기를 바라고 있습니다."

This is the comment from the dev's about the %HP change in short it just stating that the amount of survivability of some classes was excessive due to their inherent tankiness. It stats that there are inverse effects with stacking %HP buff that have been corrected and adjusted with the change to flat amounts. Sure I get it but it really gutted the heal clerics as they crippled the linked stigma for the healing clerics took away increased recovery the changes to the DP sure that is fine with me because DPS cleric might be using but again the statment at the start doesn't reflect that it was any other issue than excessive survivability on classes. This came before the buffs to the Guardian transforms by over a month and half difference in time. Plus the guardians got a huge increas in their HP pool that is more than and %HP buff you could stack on them before the buff so it doesn't have to do with the transform.

It's pretty unfair to a lot of clerics because they rolled that class to be main heals, and now they aren't. For me, it worked out great because I like healing as a chanter, but similarly, a couple of my dps chanter friends are unhappy that they're now healers (or they're re-rolling to pure dps classes). There are some clerics out there who are trying to hang onto being main healers -- and I totally get it because, again, that's why they rolled the class in the first place -- but they are easily outhealed by chanters, even chanters who are in hybrid or even Inspiration (decreased HB) spec. Again, I like the changes lol, but kind of sad for the clerics who liked healing and the chanters who liked dpsing.

1 hour ago, Vantheria-DN said:

It's pretty unfair to a lot of clerics because they rolled that class to be main heals, and now they aren't. For me, it worked out great because I like healing as a chanter, but similarly, a couple of my dps chanter friends are unhappy that they're now healers (or they're re-rolling to pure dps classes). There are some clerics out there who are trying to hang onto being main healers -- and I totally get it because, again, that's why they rolled the class in the first place -- but they are easily outhealed by chanters, even chanters who are in hybrid or even Inspiration (decreased HB) spec. Again, I like the changes lol, but kind of sad for the clerics who liked healing and the chanters who liked dpsing.

I agree and this is nonstop what the healer Clerics and SW had been complaining about in Korea nonstop and it doesn't get fixed until the last rebalance of this patch before 7.9 but EU did not include it so that means it most likely will be added to 7.9 which imo is way too long for the Cleric's and SW to have to wait to feel relevant again to be healers. I remember weekly update after weekly update people just zzz more dps buffs and then cleric and sw both holding in other in tears over more healing nerfs on them but not on chanters

Also as a chanter I don't mind it but I actually do quite a bit more dps in my group because we have a heal spec sw too so I don't heal full time I just pop rejuv and healing conduit on cd and dps

Archived