Aion 7.8 patch notes

Cyfur

When will it be for us? 

I read completely. Some things I didn't understand because items and skills have different names in EU than in NA. I understood that it will be impossible to fly in Divine Fortress and it's very sad! :( NCSoft going still farther to removing flight?? Shit!!! 👾 I hoped they would some day restore the Abyss completely and make it available 24/7 like it was before!!!  What, or who, makes them remove flight from the game???

I also understood that they change the effects of healing skills from %% to numbers of HP, and it's bad too. They often raise our stats, including HP, MP, and recovery potions/serums and skills become ineffective if they restore numbers of HP/MP. Currently, Upgraded Recovery potions/serums, Herb Treatment and the Rest function are VERY weak, so it's annoying to play any classes not having healing skills (all but Chanter, Cleric, Songweaver), when they need to restore their HP, it takes forever! It became much worse with their restoration  than it was on any patches before 6.0.  

Yall, we still haven't even made it to 7.7.1 yet. Where the part 2 update? Wheres my soul stone merchant. 

Also in 7.8 the extend weapons aren't really "broken" yeah extends are very strong, but to get these weapons to be very good you gotta upgrade them, like the imbued weapon, and its only like a 20% to proc an upgrade. AND THENNN on top of that if you proc the 20% there's a 50% chance you get one weapon and a 50% chance you get another weapon and there's three versions.

For sorc, I know they're bringing back the whole mechanic where books give Matt and Macc, and Orbs give Matt and Mcrit. But out of our three weapon sets, only one of them contain the weapon skill (which is sort of like void dragon, if I recall). So we have to not only proc the 20% to upgrade it, but on top of that we have to proc it so it gets the 3rd weapon rotation, the one with the skill, AND THEN we have to proc a 50/50 to get the weapon we want. So pretty much, in short. RNG.

I believe its the same with the other classes, I know each set of weapons has different stats on them. So not only do you have to also get the weapon you want, but you also have to hope to get the set containing the stats that you want. 

But what im trying to say here, don't be too upset about melee classes getting they're extends back. Magic classes also get a really strong weapon, with a weapon skill. But for everyone, it'll make paragon enchanting to +20  seem easy. 

1 hour ago, Vasilios-KT said:

Also in 7.8 the extend weapons aren't really "broken" yeah extends are very strong, but to get these weapons to be very good you gotta upgrade them, like the imbued weapon, and its only like a 20% to proc an upgrade. AND THENNN on top of that if you proc the 20% there's a 50% chance you get one weapon and a 50% chance you get another weapon and there's three versions.

Is it possible to skin Distorted Sunayaka weapons on those extended weapons?

1 hour ago, Unbuff-DN said:

7.7 part 2 is often called 7.8, correct me if I'm wrong.

I believe 7.7 part 2 has been called 7.7.1, but in EU and KR I think they're getting 7.8 though. Which holds the extendables and all of that good stuff. Part 2 of 7.7 just gives the soul stone merchant and I think some class buffs/nerfs.

46 minutes ago, Motionless-KT said:

Is it possible to skin Distorted Sunayaka weapons on those extended weapons?

I don't think Distorted Sunayaka can be used to remodel any weapon, just like Caesus. 

9 minutes ago, Motionless-KT said:

Sad :(  I miss purple-shining weapon skins like those.  Void Dragon were too expensive and now probably can't be gotten cause they are Archdaevic. What is Caesus?

It was a pvp set released in 6.8, I believe. It was the strongest pvp set in the game, but had to be upgraded to +9 using tempering solutions and then upgraded to advanced Caesus using 100 tempering solutions. So its like the paragon of that patch. But anyways, the Caesus set and weapon are unable to be skinned onto pieces. Or they weren't able to be, it may have changed in the past. 

2 minutes ago, Vasilios-KT said:

It was a pvp set released in 6.8, I believe. It was the strongest pvp set in the game, but had to be upgraded to +9 using tempering solutions and then upgraded to advanced Caesus using 100 tempering solutions. So its like the paragon of that patch. But anyways, the Caesus set and weapon are unable to be skinned onto pieces. Or they weren't able to be, it may have changed in the past. 

Maybe you mean 5.8, rather than 6.8? Tempering Solutions were only actual in the  game before 6.0.

2 minutes ago, Motionless-KT said:

Maybe you mean 5.8, rather than 6.8? Tempering Solutions were only actual in the  game before 6.0.

Yes, I do believe you're right. 6.0 was frost spark I think so probably 5.8. Whichever patch Master Harv was the best set. Theres too many patches for me to keep up with. 

I was telling the misses and a few other people who play both EU and NA this is really sad because there are still 4 weeks of weekly updates including a rebalance after this EU "7.8" patch left before 7.9. The buffs to the defensive skills that everyone is truly waiting for is not included in that patch but the nerfs to healing and buffs to damage are. I think I speak for most saying I don't think people are wanting to wait even longer for 7.9 patch just to get the defensive skill rebalance that we should have gotten in the end of our current patch and its also not enough content to make it worth its own update but them pushing it into 7.9 means we have to wait even more months before we can just get more survivability on classes so its not just getting 1 shot or 1 shotting. Also pretty sure there was not a file change to the name for 7.8 it was always 7.7 until 7.9 but thats besides the point. I just really hope NCwest gives us all the content up to 7.9 and doesn't cut us off from not having the much needed Survivability buffs

I am not a fan of this super bulk patch stuff it has people bored and quitting the game because there is nothing to do for a few months until the next update hits but at least they can give us all the rest of the current patch stuff

7 minutes ago, Iostcrazyman-KT said:

I was telling the misses and a few other people who play both EU and NA this is really sad because there are still 4 weeks of weekly updates including a rebalance after this EU "7.8" patch left before 7.9. The buffs to the defensive skills that everyone is truly waiting for is not included in that patch but the nerfs to healing and buffs to damage are. I think I speak for most saying I don't think people are wanting to wait even longer for 7.9 patch just to get the defensive skill rebalance that we should have gotten in the end of our current patch and its also not enough content to make it worth its own update but them pushing it into 7.9 means we have to wait even more months before we can just get more survivability on classes so its not just getting 1 shot or 1 shotting. Also pretty sure there was not a file change to the name for 7.8 it was always 7.7 until 7.9 but thats besides the point. I just really hope NCwest gives us all the content up to 7.9 and doesn't cut us off from not having the much needed Survivability buffs

I am not a fan of this super bulk patch stuff it has people bored and quitting the game because there is nothing to do for a few months until the next update hits but at least they can give us all the rest of the current patch stuff

At least classes got nerfs and buffs! Sorcs didn't get a single skill change. 

2 hours ago, Vasilios-KT said:

Most of the skill changes were for heals that worked on percentages. That will be to stop Xforms getting easy heals like that can atm. I see Xforms got a buff too.

6 hours ago, Vasilios-KT said:

They did with the starting update in 7.7 with the aoe increase target change that was the only buffs any of the classes really got. The HP% change is nerf to actual players only benefits ungeared new players.

Sorc obv weren't affected by this as they don't have a healing skill or HP buff

43 minutes ago, Iostcrazyman-KT said:

Sorc obv weren't affected by this as they don't have a healing skill or HP buff

...which is like rubbing alcohol on the wounds, like\

"hey we are giving skill changes, class changes but you are not on this club pleb, go back to casting your illusion gate to pandaimonium"

21 minutes ago, Vasilios-KT said:

We have a life steal skill, I don't think I even saw that one switched to a flat amount. 

We already got a nerf on that one in 7.5 or something. And it is a lame excuse for a drain, it only works on pve, for pvp the amount it drains is literally nothing and if the enemy has a skill that evades it, we lose the multi-cast on it!

We are back to not having a self-healing skill effectively.

Archived