New 8.0 Trailer on Youtube

Pharoahra-DN

It has been confirmed that the existing equipment is divided into PvE and PvP, which consumes a lot of time and money for farming and reinforcement, and there are cases in which it is not possible to enjoy in-game content smoothly. 

After the fighting spirit equipment, we intend to improve the above inconvenience by unifying the PvE/PvP equipment.

This is a win for everyone if it works as it is google translated that is great.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

It has been confirmed that the existing equipment is divided into PvE and PvP, which consumes a lot of time and money for farming and reinforcement, and there are cases in which it is not possible to enjoy in-game content smoothly. 

After the fighting spirit equipment, we intend to improve the above inconvenience by unifying the PvE/PvP equipment.

This is a win for everyone if it works as it is google translated that is great.

Lol in 6.0 they wanted to divide pve from pvp and based the whole destruction of Aion in it.
In 7.x they started mixing pve into pvp with the accessories and eventually making accessories a pve thing only.
Now they make the whole pvp and pve merged, talking about knowing what is good for the game.

I'll personally call this a good thing since I hate having to change sets while on the field. But we will have to see how it is implemented before we judge. Because getting pve has been the hardest thing in Aion since 6.0 and forward while pvp gear was pretty linear with less RNG included (except for the enchanting part which was doable)

for example I never understood how do they get the pf accessories, someone said they get accessories and then they upgrade them or they gather materials from the bosses and exchange them or something. but since PF hard mode is impossible to do for average players I never did a single run of it.

At this point I can pretty safe to say there's no more high light about 8.0 since it's going to launch in 2 days. Surely 8.0 disappointed to pro-classic like me it failed to address big issue like RNG and transformation. I'm pretty sure now it will continues tradition of 7.0 which started by 6.0. It's clearly NC  don't care about player base at least in live version they just want profit. Nothing will change about 8.0 to appearing to classic lovers or bring more players. I guess everyone who currently playing right now will be happy with 8.0 nevertheless it's not better nor worse for them.

I'm sure classic version of retail NA won't kill live one now. If a lot of classic private servers didn't + KR one it's surely NA classic one won't. We need to stop the illusion of classic will kill live already. Just because no classic one in NA now people won't automatically join live one. Live version will be like 7.x  it's not dead but it's not alive either.

Enough of 8.0 following today I guess we will see real reactions from Korean players soon :P

On 4/18/2021 at 10:42 AM, Iostcrazyman-KT said:

If you don't see yourself finishing the set youre working on in 7 months don't sweat it because there will be a new set no reason for people who dislike TT to have to grind it out there is a battlefield event where you can use coins to buy a random box and there was I think another event that gave rewards of the pvp gear as well and they have on the homepage a sections saying they are giving it in a questline for the first 3 week from 4.21 to 5.12 when the update goes live

hey, can you confirm if that new set is trully pvp/pve unified status? or they're talking about future patches and gear?

17 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

Lol in 6.0 they wanted to divide pve from pvp and based the whole destruction of Aion in it.
In 7.x they started mixing pve into pvp with the accessories and eventually making accessories a pve thing only.
Now they make the whole pvp and pve merged, talking about knowing what is good for the game.

I'll personally call this a good thing since I hate having to change sets while on the field. But we will have to see how it is implemented before we judge. Because getting pve has been the hardest thing in Aion since 6.0 and forward while pvp gear was pretty linear with less RNG included (except for the enchanting part which was doable)

for example I never understood how do they get the pf accessories, someone said they get accessories and then they upgrade them or they gather materials from the bosses and exchange them or something. but since PF hard mode is impossible to do for average players I never did a single run of it.

Pf hm 1st boss is very easy, just farm it for starlights and buy the full set from starlight npc. Also there are entry quests that give starlights, if you haven’t done them you can get 6 per char = 72 starlights directly.

16 hours ago, Arkanus-DN said:

hey, can you confirm if that new set is trully pvp/pve unified status? or they're talking about future patches and gear?

yes its PvP from quests in the zone and PvE from the new instance

Also there is gear that drops from the World Boss that have passive skill

9 hours ago, Gabrielis-KT said:

Pf hm 1st boss is very easy, just farm it for starlights and buy the full set from starlight npc. Also there are entry quests that give starlights, if you haven’t done them you can get 6 per char = 72 starlights directly.

But don't you get starlight from Altar instance as well?

So some interesting stuff from 8.0 patch notes.

New piece of gear from 85 instance "Ultimate Do-hon" idk what the exact english translation for that is.

World Boss timer on mini-map and when the raid bosses spawn it wipes all kisks on the map, resets all bases to balaur, and teleports players back to their main bases.

an 85 only holy water item that gives "Holy" stat boosts and skills that can be leveled over the course of a season (similar to GP ranking seasons) and you boost it through your respective Deity (Kaisinel or Marchutan).

Sadly only 1 new instance.

also if I understood this right there will be some sort of paragon stone vendor or something similar from Renown.

Pledge gear gets stronger with more pledges/combinations.

Skill books for new talents. Oh boy another book farm.

5 hours ago, TrixterCluny said:

I just recently returned to aion but I seemed to miss the level 80 jump time is that still possible or do I have to find a way to grind 40 sum levels to get there now? Please help. 

The event is over. It should take you 1 day to reach 80 thought. What server are you and what faction?

Archived