The merging of remaining servers

whodisqt

Hello, @Kibbelz 

I hope I am speaking for many when I say that merging the servers would be the best course of action due to Aion Classic being released really soon. Official Aion servers will lose even more of its playerbase.
Your team does not need to wait for the game to have 10 players on each server to say "Hey, maybe we should make them play together so they can actually have fun"
I understand that most of the content can be done server wide as long as the players are in the same faction, however, it would make much more sense in open world pvp, sieges and many more reasons to combine both of the remaining servers into one single server.
Perhaps this was said in previous posts/topics but I am sure that if many of us speak about same topic you could get a hint at what the players really want and need.

I would much appreciate if you can forward this message to the team @Kibbelz, thank you in advance.

The need for a merge has been apparent for a long time now. With NCWest closing server transfers (for who knows why...) players are forced to play with very few people. On KT-E it’s less of a problem. But DN-E is dead. Like dead dead. I was playing my chanter last week and i didn’t see a single IDD run for a solid bit. On KT there’s at least 1 IDD run going every 5-10 mins, if that. 

11 hours ago, Ferk-DN said:

You forget that Aion Classic may be too expensive for most players.

DN is dead, and KT is getting there. Aion classic won’t have anything but a negative impact on that. Yes, there’s a little bit of the player base who will be unable to afford the subscription. But that’s not to say they won’t play. I know of several people who can’t pay for the subscription but still plan to play their hour every day and possibly even further. Any free player can play classic, it’s just not as easy after that first hour. 

With how i see it, after classic gets released the only  people heavily playing on the regular servers will be the ones who can’t afford the subscription and don’t want to spend that additional time playing classic, or the handful of p2w players who aren’t used to actually grinding for armor and not purchasing it. In reality there will always be people going in between both. But we need a merge to balance out the impact of classic. 

13 hours ago, Atepomarus said:

Only people that will be left on live are GO GO GO GO GO! broke BR

I have spoken to many people who paid a ton to get geared with niche items and they won't go to classic. They haven't spent thousands in that game only to quit it and go to a game that has no p2w and they would be equals to everyone.

On 6/15/2021 at 7:25 AM, Arhangelos-KT said:

I have spoken to many people who paid a ton to get geared with niche items and they won't go to classic. They haven't spent thousands in that game only to quit it and go to a game that has no p2w and they would be equals to everyone.

Unless at some point they update classic to 6.0 and everyone will start farming transformations again XD

You can't merge servers when many people have Asmo and Elyos toons on the same account, that's why there are two servers so people can play both factions on the same account but not on the same server.

Also merging will mean housing reset again, wiping the few remaining unique consumables left in the game, last merge i lost my house skin and event floors and wallpapers which were not obtainable in the game anymore, and they refused to restore them including the house skin which i bought from bcm with real money. Anyway it will turn even more people away since housing is mostly what keeps them anchored to the game nowdays.

A better solution would be to make cross server grouping for instances easier, like maybe integrate it with current lfg, because now you have to actually organize with the other side, go to entrance, apply wait for everyone. I know it wont solve all issues but its a start.

On 6/10/2021 at 11:09 AM, Vasilios-KT said:

DN is dead, and KT is getting there. Aion classic won’t have anything but a negative impact on that. Yes, there’s a little bit of the player base who will be unable to afford the subscription. But that’s not to say they won’t play. I know of several people who can’t pay for the subscription but still plan to play their hour every day and possibly even further. Any free player can play classic, it’s just not as easy after that first hour. 

With how i see it, after classic gets released the only  people heavily playing on the regular servers will be the ones who can’t afford the subscription and don’t want to spend that additional time playing classic, or the handful of p2w players who aren’t used to actually grinding for armor and not purchasing it. In reality there will always be people going in between both. But we need a merge to balance out the impact of classic. 

I am a f2p and won't be playing classic. I am not speaking for any of the other f2p people but as I understand after the 1 hr is up you do not recieve anything but white drops etc. So it's not worth playing if you are only going to play for 1 hr everyday. Calculations for leveling up and attaining items that would be greatly needed would probably bring tears to our eyes in how long it would take to reach the people who are paying for subscription. A lot of f2p people probably won't bother with it and they are probably the majority of the population as well.

47 minutes ago, Treos-DN said:

I am a f2p and won't be playing classic. I am not speaking for any of the other f2p people but as I understand after the 1 hr is up you do not recieve anything but white drops etc. So it's not worth playing if you are only going to play for 1 hr everyday. Calculations for leveling up and attaining items that would be greatly needed would probably bring tears to our eyes in how long it would take to reach the people who are paying for subscription. A lot of f2p people probably won't bother with it and they are probably the majority of the population as well.

Yeah, thats what im really saying. The first week of launch everyone is getting Siels Aura (or so it says). But like you said, im sure some of the f2p players will play for that one hour every day after that and enjoy themselves for just that one hour. But, we cant be leaving the servers to only the f2p players. The population may be half its size, or a little larger. But a good portion of the players, i believe, are going to go into the classic game. At least for the first couple of months. 

On 6/16/2021 at 6:26 PM, Vasilios-KT said:

Yeah, thats what im really saying. The first week of launch everyone is getting Siels Aura (or so it says). But like you said, im sure some of the f2p players will play for that one hour every day after that and enjoy themselves for just that one hour. But, we cant be leaving the servers to only the f2p players. The population may be half its size, or a little larger. But a good portion of the players, i believe, are going to go into the classic game. At least for the first couple of months. 

Yeah.. Don't get get me wrong I understand the income from retail is not what they want it to be.. Ncsoft wants money and lots of it.. Hence why make classic to try to gain income off the same franchise but an older version. They have to make income to justify keeping the servers open but you can see they put little thought it any into people who want to play free.. 1 hour is laughable. You literally have no reason to play just for 1 hr every day, other than with friends. I am happy for classic because I myself do not in any way like the current updated version but this company... THIS COMPANY...

Archived