Elyos really are unpopular eh?

5s16519C

7 hours ago, Ostro said:

I wanted to be asmo to be underdog and all peeps i knew agree to be asmo... Trying convince peeps to swap.. I clearly didnt see that coming... All old asmo player want to be asmo for life! And all old Elyos want to roll Asmo! i dont get it! xD

Not this Eylos, I was born and Eylos and I'll die as one LoL

Played both sides from 1.5-5.0 and asmo side has superior maps to play in, and Panda beats the hell out of the giant monstrosity that Sanctum is. Can get from the trade broker to the warehouse to the crafting tables in seconds in Panda versus running around all over in Sanctum. Total nightmare.

Elyos run animation is also really cringe.

Elyos have far more content in 1.X; Bolvig, Zap, and they can still easily Rift over and contest Alukina, where as asmos can't even contest bolvig. Elyos also have access to the white flame weapons while asmos have access to Kasika.

In 2.0 it's also better to be asmo, because rifting into ingi is way better than rifting into gelk... and doing medal dailies in gelk is way easier than doing them in Indi, because elyos have to kill 4 dots that put up shields. It's really annoying.

Asmos arguably have the better class skills beyond personal one off opinions except for sin of course, where elyos is superior for 1v1. But asmodian sins do benefit from more dmg which is a big deal for things like dredg if you're mainly a group player.

Overall I'm not surprised to see that many experienced players want to play asmos. The only downside I can think of is less overall organized content at end game compared to elyos. Elyos Legions will be farming 2 extra bosses plus bakarma at Lv50. It might not sound like much but in a patch that really doesn't have much content, it makes a pretty big difference.

Guest Wrath

Is all about having fun with the faction. I played asmo on 1.5 and I hated it, the maps looked dumb, the people I was playing were not good, GMS shutdown servers several times when we were about to get the fort, 3 keys to get into FT, etc.. 

When 2.0 came I switched to elyos side and the game was a lot more fun. People were awesome, maps were a lot more fun to play, GMs helped us a lot. 

So, if you have fun playing asmo or ely, go for it. All these ohh asmos has a better skills, ohh its better terrain to rift, means nothing, if you are surrounded of bad players your gameplay will be Nyerk.

2 hours ago, Guest Wrath said:

Is all about having fun with the faction. I played asmo on 1.5 and I hated it, the maps looked dumb, the people I was playing were not good, GMS shutdown servers several times when we were about to get the fort, 3 keys to get into FT, etc.. 

When 2.0 came I switched to elyos side and the game was a lot more fun. People were awesome, maps were a lot more fun to play, GMs helped us a lot. 

So, if you have fun playing asmo or ely, go for it. All these ohh asmos has a better skills, ohh its better terrain to rift, means nothing, if you are surrounded of bad players your gameplay will be Nyerk.

I wish more people thought positively like this.  

3 hours ago, Guest Wrath said:

I agree I've played both sides and I just enjoy Elyos far more than I do the Asmo side.

shhhh, you know there is a secret plan and that is get all the early starters as asmo and then everyonewho doesn't make a toon until the 23rd and after has to make Ellies..that way we asmo's will be the veteran terrors of the servers and will be chewing up the owbies and snacking on bree and crackers flavored with noob tears!

Personally I'm unconcerned because frankly from launch in 2009 or there abouts,  Asmo's did end up out numbered anyway and once we figured it out and got our selves orginized we ended up pretty dominant.. and of course once we started winning peeps started making more asmo toons anyway.  

It's kinda like playing SWTOR.. Republic and Ellies. goodie two shoes with a moral superiority issues.  Empire, Asmo..harsh unforgiving and better style.

Archived