Aion Classic: Siege Schedule

Arctic

• Aion Team

Hi everyone,

We know that Siege Times have been a issue of great debate in the past, and the team thought through many variables to come up with the schedule below.

In truth, I know you all just want to see the schedule so let me first post that and then I'll write more at the end:

LaqQrED.png

And so there it is! Please remember that this particular Aion Classic service is intended to target the Americas. We must account for when the East Coast population is retiring for the evening (on average), and when West Coasters are likely to finish their work/school days (again, on average). We also need to provide time between sieges so that players can prepare, since we're acutely aware of the preparation these events can require.

Feedback is always welcome, and we will do our best to listen and try to ensure our selections are the best for as many people as possible... because that's what we aim for at the end of the day.

I trust that for most of you, these times in this schedule are a welcome sight. For those of you for whom that's not the case, I'm always supportive of creative approaches/solutions. As is always the case with Community Management, the more players who support an idea, the more I can do to assist.

Regardless of this schedule, I'm really excited for you all to experience Aion Classic's launch tomorrow! The team here has worked incredibly hard to make this launch a reality, so I hope you will give them your gratitude. I know I can't wait in to get in and play the game amidst you all.

Charge forward, Daevas!

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest some old chanter

here's a suggestion. 

First Week

have a random lower fort go live every 3 hours.

have a random upper fort go live every 6.

After First Week

go with the schedule you guys made

The reason is simple. you guys will be getting people from all over the world coming over. 

The only sieges I can attend are 9 pm Monday/Wednesday and 8 pm Sunday. Friday/Saturday night I can't play and 11 pm ET is late for those of us with jobs. I might suggest making use of Tuesday/Thursday and have another one on Sunday as well - especially considering once Dredgion comes out, people are going to want to set aside time for Dredgion Mon/Weds which might be hard with such a busy siege schedule. Cause as it is there's a lot of people who can't make most of these, depending on time zone.

Also IIRC back in 2009-2011, didn't these forts go vulnerable more than once a week? Some of them 2-3x a week? That made for a much better siege schedule so people had multiple opportunities for a siege they could attend, and it also meant with more needed time slots for NCSoft to schedule, they could put some earlier in the day and some later, allowing for players in different time zones a better chance.

Edit: This was the 2.0 launch siege schedule

Guest skitt

Damn. From the east coast, thats a rough schedule for a week night. It's too bad there isn't a schedule dedicated to east coast/west coast on a per server basis. 

8 minutes ago, Guest some old chanter said:

here's a suggestion. 

First Week

have a random lower fort go live every 3 hours.

have a random upper fort go live every 6.

After First Week

go with the schedule you guys made

The reason is simple. you guys will be getting people from all over the world coming over. 

Most people in the first week will barely be levelled enough to even get into the Abyss, much less actually be able to take a fort

8 minutes ago, Leiloni said:

The only sieges I can attend are 9 pm Monday/Wednesday and 8 pm Sunday. Friday/Saturday night I can't play and 11 pm ET is late for those of us with jobs. I might suggest making use of Tuesday/Thursday and have another one on Sunday as well - especially considering once Dredgion comes out, people are going to want to set aside time for Dredgion Mon/Weds which might be hard with such a busy siege schedule. Cause as it is there's a lot of people who can't make most of these, depending on time zone.

Also IIRC back in 2009-2011, didn't these forts go vulnerable more than once a week? Some of them 2-3x a week? That made for a much better siege schedule so people had multiple opportunities for a siege they could attend, and it also meant with more needed time slots for NCSoft to schedule, they could put some earlier in the day and some later, allowing for players in different time zones a better chance.

Aside from the outer forts, all forts have two timers in a week already. We are only missing the Divine Fortress.

19 minutes ago, Kubei-DN said:

I'll be able to attend at least the Saturday one, maybe if I'm lucky the later one on same day and Sunday. Tuesdays and Thursdays are empty though, wouldn't it be better to put some sieges early there? *Wink wink* ;)

^ maybe they have a limit to how many sieges they can put but ye this. 

Even so the schedule isn't too bad. European ppl can siege on saturday's at least. 

Guest Miliy

I would love to see Miren, Krotan and  kysis to be 2 hours earlier or at least 1 hour earlier since It will be at 11 pm EST. It would be nice if It will begin at 9 pm or 10 pm EST. Thank you

1 minute ago, Guest Miliy said:

I would love to see Miren, Krotan and  kysis to be 2 hours earlier or at least 1 hour earlier since It will be at 11 pm EST. It would be nice if It will begin at 9 pm or 10 pm EST. Thank you

Doing that would bump the others back far enough that they wouldn't be realistic for people on the west coast.

Guest Miliy-Siel
3 minutes ago, 5s16519C said:

Doing that would bump the others back far enough that they wouldn't be realistic for people on the west coast.

At least 1 hour before. I do not think it will influence much or like another post said  to move it to Tuesday ,Thursday and Saturday/sunday at 9 pm EST for upper forts

13 minutes ago, Arazith said:

Aside from the outer forts, all forts have two timers in a week already. We are only missing the Divine Fortress.

The problem is the times are terrible. Mon/Weds 11 pm is too late for East Coast and Europe. Friday/Saturday night is too late for Europe and some people all over NA will likely have other plans those nights (with friends and family - they let us game all week and we make time for them weekend evenings). So it's just Sunday then I could ever siege upper abyss and even then only part of it. 

Just now, Leiloni said:

The problem is the times are terrible. Mon/Weds/Fri 11 pm is too late for East Coast and Europe. Saturday night is too late for Europe and some people all over NA will likely have other plans Saturday nights (with friends and family - they let us game all week and we make time for them weekend evenings). So it's just Sunday then I could ever siege upper abyss and even then only part of it. 

That can be an easy fix, and that is to use both Tuesdays and Thursdays for earlier sieges as well. Leaving them empty is a waste.

Just now, Guest Miliy-Siel said:

At least 1 hour before. I do not think it will influence much or like another post said  to move it to Tuesday ,Thursday and Saturday/sunday at 9 pm EST for upper forts

Fairly sure people should give the current schedule a chance.  

Every single person up in this thread is crying about how this schedule does not work for them and they want it hand tailored to their own needs.

Nobody has done this on the current schedule yet.  The game isn't live yet.  And the goal of this is to find some sort of balance between everyone in the targeted region.  I think they're going to need to evaluate how this works for a few cycles before considering any changes.

Guest Aussie

These work out really well for us aussies (Who work from home anyway) All of them are between 8 am to 1 pm Sunday to like thursday

Not being able to attend a few forts is not the end of the world guys. Most people should be able to attend the weekend timers (Friday/Saturday). If you have a busy schedule, that isn't on NCsoft to work around. The only people who would be able to make everything are those with no work or commitments no matter what time they post.

Guest Narmina
17 minutes ago, 5s16519C said:

What exactly is the problem with 9 and 11pm EST?

I think he wants to go to bed at 10-11pm

but with 3h time difference from east to west, and with work time ending at 5 or even 6pm... hard to find way to please everyone...

even worst when you want to go from eastern europe to australia 😛

Guest some old chanter
22 minutes ago, Arazith said:

Most people in the first week will barely be levelled enough to even get into the Abyss, much less actually be able to take a fort

look, no one will have pvp gear, but every can have courage and just bring numbers. also, you might be right about taking forts. even lower ones might be too much for fresh level 25's. but for the sake of PR, it would look alot better don't you think? THE abyss, always hot with pvp action?

Archived