Aion Classic: Siege Schedule

Arctic

Guest 3s44556U

I am from Europe, so I don't know how sieges were handled before. I was expecting NA times with only 2 servers and to be honest, during week time it would not matter for me, if it is 2 am or 5 am for sieges. Still I am quite surprised why there is not one server targetting the west coast and one server the east coast.

It seems not very clever to me, that both servers have the same time as there are so many timezones in the US.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe more servers get open because so many players want to play Aion Classic (at least I can dream about that lol) and maybe then those could target other timezones (maybe even EU - would be best case for me)

1 minute ago, Rastekkel said:

@Kibbelz

If classic proves to be a massive succes would NCsoft consider opening a server targeted at the international community (EU/AUS/NZ etc) with a siege schedule that is tuned to that audience? 

Thanks for the information, looking forward to the game!

This is exactly the response we need more of.  Not people begging or complaining or whining or throwing tantrums.

Ask if overwhelming international support will grow classic with more servers.  This is the way.

12 hours ago, Guest strawberry said:

krotan kysis and miren...?

Exactly my thoughts I am confused if this is about Classic...

5 minutes ago, 5s16519C said:

This is exactly the response we need more of.  Not people begging or complaining or whining or throwing tantrums.

Ask if overwhelming international support will grow classic with more servers.  This is the way.

hahaha I know the feeling when things are only available in EU...but for now sit very tight with seatbelts OK :P

3 minutes ago, Guest Meh said:

NCsoft clearly doesn't care about Europeans. We shouldn't give them our money. 

Did you read the post at all, this schedule is meant to target the Americas. If you want better schedule, wait for Gameforge to release classic.

Sincerely, another EU player.

5 minutes ago, Kubei-DN said:

Did you read the post at all, this schedule is meant to target the Americas. If you want better schedule, wait for Gameforge to release classic.

Sincerely, another EU player.

We both know that 90% of people don't come here to read or engage in conversation. :P

Just now, FictionGirl-DN said:

Wasn't Gameforge generally hated?

They are, but if many EU peeps want better schedule for them, then they have no option but wait for Gameforge to release it one day. I never played Gameforge servers for more than few weeks at a time and I just stuck with NA instead for years.

24 minutes ago, Guest 3s44556U said:

I am from Europe, so I don't know how sieges were handled before. I was expecting NA times with only 2 servers and to be honest, during week time it would not matter for me, if it is 2 am or 5 am for sieges. Still I am quite surprised why there is not one server targetting the west coast and one server the east coast.

It seems not very clever to me, that both servers have the same time as there are so many timezones in the US.

North America has 3 time zones, I expected them to have actually 6 servers, each timezone 2 servers

Just now, Kubei-DN said:

They are, but if many EU peeps want better schedule for them, then they have no option but wait for Gameforge to release it one day. I never played Gameforge servers for more than few weeks at a time and I just stuck with NA instead for years.

Well, last what I've seen Gameforge gave up on ENG servers, which unofficially means the only true ENG servers for Aion are handled by NC.
I remember Seven and BlackVelvet(which is detergent in Europe) couldn't handle Aion ENG servers at all.

Guest guest?

Good

8 minutes ago, FictionGirl-DN said:

North America has 3 time zones, I expected them to have actually 6 servers, each timezone 2 servers

Good Joke, there isnt enough players to support that lol. 

4 minutes ago, Wrathchild-KT said:

current server time = utc-6

I know outside of the US and Canada, they use the normal 24h clock, in the US and Canada they use the old fashion AM/PM system. That's why I asked which timezone, normaly in North America, you would only say 17:00/1700 if you are the army, science, medical or international busness  

If I recall properly, sieges are primarily tied to server time which isn't affected by Daylight Savings time. If that is indeed the case, then the reason it's 9pm & 11pm EST right now is because later in the year (Nov. 7) Daylight savings time will roll back an hour and it will then be 8pm & 10pm on EST. For Pacific Time zone that will be 5pm & 7pm. The 7pm raid may not be an issue but the 5pm raid will be because most folks work 9-5. 

So for now the last siege is a bit too late for EST but later in the year the first siege will be a bit too early for PDT.

1 hour ago, FictionGirl-DN said:

North America has 6 time zones. On the main land East Coast, Central (1hr behind East Coast), Mountain (2hrs behind East Coast), and West Coast (3hrs behind East Coast). Then there is Alaskan (4hrs behind East Coast) and Hawaiian (about 6hrs behind East Coast). 

Guest Diversion

i'm also on the east coast, just another ocean, jokes apart, attending to siege was an issue in aion coz most of gaining came from that, specially when pvp gear system was based on gold medals, actually was pretty good since ppl were forced to gather in big legions and get their share of medals from that, i did my 50 elite that way back then even if i couldn't do every siege, my legion was pretty fair on medal share, and i find that system quite good.

Guest Pewpew
3 hours ago, FictionGirl-DN said:

I know outside of the US and Canada, they use the normal 24h clock, in the US and Canada they use the old fashion AM/PM system. That's why I asked which timezone, normaly in North America, you would only say 17:00/1700 if you are the army, science, medical or international busness  

Not really. Located in Canada and I'm perfectly fine with a 24 hour clock, just as I'm equally comfortable to dealing with both Imperial and Metric systems .

That being said, even with a 24hr clock, you still need to specify a timezone. By the way in Canada, we have more than 3 timezones - we have 6 covering 4 1/2 hours (Pacific, Mountain, Central, Eastern, Atlantic and Newfoundland).

So perhaps you can understand why the schedule needs to be built on the "Americas" - and why I realize it's not so easyas someone in  Eastern who works - not too impressed, I find it favours the West coast  - even an hour  earlier would have helped, or moving to one fort a day would have been good.

Guest Basia
On 6/22/2021 at 9:21 PM, Guest Miliy said:

I would love to see Miren, Krotan and  kysis to be 2 hours earlier or at least 1 hour earlier since It will be at 11 pm EST. It would be nice if It will begin at 9 pm or 10 pm EST. Thank you

Not enough time between 2 fort battles

Guest Akuumu

Hi everyone and staff of this server,

As you can know,  this opening server of "Aion Classic" being interested all players globally talking, but as you can see ( from various complains got from all time zones players) this siege time is for nothing comfortable for players that live in the time zone different from PDT, this expecially if you play from  CEST zone. Player that live CEST for partecipate at siege must wake up at 3:00 AM and 5:00 AM (too much absurd for who live here). As a suggestion, is possible to open another server for CEST players? making anyway play both servers with intraserver function? 

thanks  in case you will read and consider it

Archived