Aion Classic: Siege Schedule

Arctic

1 minute ago, Guest some old chanter said:

look, no one will have pvp gear, but every can have courage and just bring numbers. also, you might be right about taking forts. even lower ones might be too much for fresh level 25's. but for the sake of PR, it would look alot better don't you think? THE abyss, always hot with pvp action?

All I am saying is that it would be wasted for the first week. 

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tony have my babies
23 minutes ago, 5s16519C said:

What exactly is the problem with 9 and 11pm EST?

umm, maybe its the fact that any person with a job the next day has to wander the abyss until midnight? feelschromosome

1 minute ago, Guest tony have my babies said:

umm, maybe its the fact that any person with a job the next day has to wander the abyss until midnight? feelschromosome

I work from 8am to 7pm EST.  I'll be there.
You can't please everyone.  

Guest some old chanter
4 minutes ago, Arazith said:

All I am saying is that it would be wasted for the first week. 

and all im saying, show the world what real large scale chaotic pvp can look like. hell we haven't seen mmo's do this in a looooong time.

1 minute ago, Guest tony have my babies said:

And people in other timezones would be having a meal, or are still at work, or are sleeping if it was earlier. They are trying to accommodate all of NA with the times, not just the East Coast.

You also need to consider that the current schedule  makes it hard for East Coasters to attend Upper Fort sieges, and it's much harder to gain gold medals for gear with Lower Forts, so this would put East Coasters and European players at a gearing disadvantage simply due to a poor schedule that is easily fixed. Personally I'm going for 40e first so I'll be using Silver, but I'm a Chanter and not every class can get away with that.

Guest Wootage

Yeah for some of us who wake up early for work on east coast 11PM siege is really bad
sieging till midnight and waking up at 5am for work sigh, 10PM is much better imo

9 minutes ago, Arazith said:

And people in other timezones would be having a meal, or are still at work, or are sleeping if it was earlier. They are trying to accommodate all of NA with the times, not just the East Coast.

They should have just had an East Coast and West Coast server.

6 minutes ago, Guest Wootage said:

Yeah for some of us who wake up early for work on east coast 11PM siege is really bad
sieging till midnight and waking up at 5am for work sigh, 10PM is much better imo

I'd be happy if they switched them to 10 pm.

13 minutes ago, Arazith said:

Which generally leads to East Coast being the ones that get shafted, because even an 8PM siege is "problematic" for most East Coasters, but going one hour earlier than that doesn't accomodate West Coasters at all because they're at work for another 30-60 minutes.

This schedule is catering to the West Coasters, and that's fine, but let's not pretend like it's trying to accomodate anyone else. Trying to accomodate other players would be having every fort go vulnerable twice a week, once with a ~2-3PM Pacific timer for the average East Coaster, and once with a schedule similar to what is posted here. 

Edit: 

Also, reminder. It's not just North American players. Obviously they can't please every single person with the siege schedules, but even a 2PM Pacific timer would mean 11PM sieges for Western Europe. 

Guest Narmina
23 minutes ago, Kubei-DN said:

Which is perfectly fine, but I guess until then it could be put to use. Unless we get Divine soon?

there is divine, and gelk/ingi fortresses to come

BUT yes... the time there are not there , they can do a schedule with siege also tuesday/thursday (allowing a better time for east  coast with a less late time)

And... change it when they add more siege.

I do think those week day sieges could stand to be moved back even just an hour or so. Those of us working a 9 to 5 typically have to be up by 7 or 8 AM to prepare and commute. 10 PM EST and 7 PM PST sounds much better in my opinion. Still takes place after work and school has ended for the majority on the west coast and allows the east coast to still get a solid 8 hours of sleep or so before their days begin.

Are East Coast people actually complaining about a 11 pm siege? I'm from East Coast, and if I have no problem with it and have to wake up at 5 AM to still have my wits intact all day for surgeries I am sure you can too. Just because you're used to sleeping at 10 or 11 pm, that's a you problem, not an NCsoft problem.

It really comes down to what you value more. Medals/AP or your sleep? Unfortunately sometimes you can't get everything you want.

terrible time choices. what about  users outside of UTC-EDT ?(the other ~80% of the globe)

AEST aus : 8am-3pm

NZ:6am -1pm.

my 9-5 workmates wont be playing cause IRL comes first.

last time an oceanic server was created to solve this issue can you  do something for this region?

why only 7 hours in a global game ?
make the vulnerability rotating +1 hour for next  vulnerability,  So  every 24 times the cycle completes, everyone gets fair access to sieges regardless of location.

Guest Fortress Times

Just want to say that I think this schedule is great.

Not many people posting that, but probably those who like the schedule are less inclined to reply at all, so just wanted to share my thoughts.

8 minutes ago, Unbeatable-KT said:

Are East Coast people actually complaining about a 11 pm siege? I'm from East Coast, and if I have no problem with it and have to wake up at 5 AM to still have my wits intact all day for surgeries I am sure you can too. Just because you're used to sleeping at 10 or 11 pm, that's a you problem, not an NCsoft problem.

It really comes down to what you value more. Medals/AP or your sleep? Unfortunately sometimes you can't get everything you want.

Could I attend an 11-12PM Siege getting up at 5AM? Yes

Do I want to long-term completely destroy whatever semblance of a sleep schedule I have for a game? Hell no.

10 minutes ago, MXJ said:

Could I attend an 11-12PM Siege getting up at 5AM? Yes

Do I want to long-term completely destroy whatever semblance of a sleep schedule I have for a game? Hell no.

Exactly my point. Could you attend? Yes. However you won't as you choose sleep instead. So I'd say they're pretty fair to the East Coast population.

The only people that should be complaining on here is people other than North Americans. I feel bad for the Europeans and Oceanic players, but I also understand the decision for this schedule as they are a minority and unfortunately this is after all an "NA Classic".

Just now, Unbeatable-KT said:

Exactly my point. Could you attend? Yes. However you won't as you choose sleep instead. So I'd say they're pretty fair to the East Coast population.

The only people that should be complaining on here is people other than North Americans. I feel bad for the Europeans and Oceanic players, but I also understand the decision for this schedule as they are a minority and unfortunately this is after all an "NA Classic".

And my point is that out of NA players only East Coasters are faced with that decision, as usual.

1 minute ago, Unbeatable-KT said:

And they've asked for feedback, and there is clearly room to adjust the schedule without making it inconvenient for west coasters.

Yeah during work hours for all of Australia.

I would have been happy with even 1 time slot that we could use. Bit disappointing, especially since we have only ever been serviced by NCWest and have no other options.

12 minutes ago, MXJ said:

And my point is that out of NA players only East Coasters are faced with that decision, as usual.

East coast players have the advantage of playing with better ping just to give one example off the top of my head. It's a give and take.

As someone said, they are open for suggestions. So suggest people. Don't just complain.

19 minutes ago, Guest OCE said:

I would have been happy with even 1 time slot that we could use. Bit disappointing, especially since we have only ever been serviced by NCWest and have no other options.

3 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

And so there it is! Please remember that this particular Aion Classic service is intended to target the Americas.

I'm sorry, but I don't know if I would have expected anything different.

32 minutes ago, Guest OCE said:

So you work on Sundays  at 10am?

21 minutes ago, 5s16519C said:

I'm sorry, but I don't know if I would have expected anything different.

Well yeah but Aion OCE will never be a thing, and with original retail they gave us an OCE server.

Archived