Aion Classic: Siege Schedule

Arctic

Guest helleaven

my suggestion is to put additional fort sieges for eu players.(tuesday 9pm and  thursday 12 am) eu time

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Guest helleaven said:

or random fort sieges every three to five hours

There is usually a reward for the Legion that holds the fort  and defends it. NA legions will want prority on that an not having EU teams take it away as they sleep.

Looking at this schedule from a west coast percespective it is mostly good except from the east coast perspective that Krotan, Kysis and Miren start at 11p.m eastern on a week day  (8 p.m pacific)? Why is it not possible to just switch them to be Tue/Thu/Sat and at a earlier time such as 8p.m eastern (5p.m pacific). It would also stagger who has to stay up late one day and early the next? Here are a few changes that I think may work better for both time zones though Miren would still have to be pushed later on a Saturday;

ZYzaPBz.png

Here is another thought;

Wzvgo68.png

Or even others suggestions of starting a hour earlier again staggered days shown below;

LK8sT0d.png

Just my two cents.

30 minutes ago, Guest OCE said:

Well yeah but Aion OCE will never be a thing, and with original retail they gave us an OCE server.

And this is not that.  
I hope we get to a point where they provide servers for different regions - truly - but everyone expecting this release to cater to the whims of every other region is bananas. 

12 minutes ago, 5s16519C said:

And this is not that.  
I hope we get to a point where they provide servers for different regions - truly - but everyone expecting this release to cater to the whims of every other region is bananas. 

Difference being that every other region has a publisher available while we do not, e.g. gamedorge and garena. We have always been put under the umbrella of NCWest.

24 minutes ago, Razandor said:

Looking at this schedule from a west coast percespective it is mostly good except from the east coast perspective that Krotan, Kysis and Miren start at 11p.m eastern on a week day  (8 p.m pacific)? Why is it not possible to just switch them to be Tue/Thu/Sat and at a earlier time such as 8p.m eastern (5p.m pacific). It would also stagger who has to stay up late one day and early the next? Here are a few changes that I think may work better for both time zones though Miren would still have to be pushed later on a Saturday;

ZYzaPBz.png

Here is another thought;

Wzvgo68.png

Or even others suggestions of starting a hour earlier again staggered days shown below;

LK8sT0d.png

Just my two cents.

We have already seen that if forts are everyday people don't bother to turn up. They have to be special.  Abyss forts are held, and have to be defended, they don't just flip back to Balur 5min before the boss spawns like they do in Aion 7.9.

8 minutes ago, Alvie said:

We have already seen that if forts are everyday people don't bother to turn up. They have to be special.  Abyss forts are held, and have to be defended, they don't just flip back to Balur 5min before the boss spawns like they do in Aion 7.9.

That is a good point that I forgot. Mind you last time I played I remember I never was able to make it too the sieges for was either just finishing work or sitting down for supper. So is very different that this schedule is great for west coasters but terrible for east if work a normal job.

4 hours ago, 1s6F174 said:

terrible time choices. what about  users outside of UTC-EDT ?(the other ~80% of the globe)

AEST aus : 8am-3pm

NZ:6am -1pm.

my 9-5 workmates wont be playing cause IRL comes first.

last time an oceanic server was created to solve this issue can you  do something for this region?

why only 7 hours in a global game ?
make the vulnerability rotating +1 hour for next  vulnerability,  So  every 24 times the cycle completes, everyone gets fair access to sieges regardless of location.

Sadly the oceanic and south asian regions dont have enough player base for NC to open another server. As someone from SEA who have been playing since 3.0, I can only do seige on weekends and even that is like 6am in my local time 🥲🥲

2 hours ago, Guest OCE said:

Difference being that every other region has a publisher available while we do not, e.g. gamedorge and garena. We have always been put under the umbrella of NCWest.

God forbid if garena gets the rights if they ever do an oceanic server. Or even worse a$ia$oft. 

Guest EU PLAYER

Comprendiamo tutti che aion NA è fatto per il popolo americano, ma ciò non significa che non dovresti avere orari comodi per tutti i GIOCATORI, indipendentemente dalla loro provenienza.

7 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

Hi everyone,

We know that Siege Times have been a issue of great debate in the past, and the team thought through many variables to come up with the schedule below.

In truth, I know you all just want to see the schedule so let me first post that and then I'll write more at the end:

LaqQrED.png

And so there it is! Please remember that this particular Aion Classic service is intended to target the Americas. We must account for when the East Coast population is retiring for the evening (on average), and when West Coasters are likely to finish their work/school days (again, on average). We also need to provide time between sieges so that players can prepare, since we're acutely aware of the preparation these events can require.

Feedback is always welcome, and we will do our best to listen and try to ensure our selections are the best for as many people as possible... because that's what we aim for at the end of the day.

I trust that for most of you, these times in this schedule are a welcome sight. For those of you for whom that's not the case, I'm always supportive of creative approaches/solutions. As is always the case with Community Management, the more players who support an idea, the more I can do to assist.

Regardless of this schedule, I'm really excited for you all to experience Aion Classic's launch tomorrow! The team here has worked incredibly hard to make this launch a reality, so I hope you will give them your gratitude. I know I can't wait in to get in and play the game amidst you all.

Charge forward, Daevas!

Do a poll for Sieges. As you did before.

I think the best solution would be to add a server with siege times modified to GMT+2 or GMT+1. This is where EU folk would play unofficially.

Guest JustWondering

Hey, havent played in a long time so I have forgotten, but can anyone tell what forts are in the Upper Outer and Upper inner?

15 minutes ago, Guest rha said:

This is bullshit. Krotan/Myren/Kysis starts at 6 AM for Eastern Europeans. So stupid and you know it.

I usually wake up at 5am, especially in summer. But I go to bed before 11pm. You need roughly 50hrs per week of sleep to maintain health, routine is better than random.

Guest Nexus

Another thread for people to cry and moan in, lovely. 

You can't please everyone and no, they're not going to change it to suit your needs/ wants.

Most people can't go to all sieges because of work etc. 

Don't think it's that much of a big deal. 

10 hours ago, Guest some old chanter said:

here's a suggestion. 

First Week

have a random lower fort go live every 3 hours.

have a random upper fort go live every 6.

After First Week

go with the schedule you guys made

The reason is simple. you guys will be getting people from all over the world coming over. 

Thats what it was like at original launch and it did not go well.  

Guest Ariel
1 hour ago, Guest JustWondering said:

Hey, havent played in a long time so I have forgotten, but can anyone tell what forts are in the Upper Outer and Upper inner?

It used to by Roah/Asteria on outer and Krotan/Miren/Kysis on inner.

1 hour ago, Guest Nexus said:

Most people can't go to all sieges because of work etc. 

And that is the only legitimate excuse in all situations against players who kill you in game. You can always say - you just play more and that's it. Thus preventing anyone ever being able to say they are better than you.

3 minutes ago, Guest Rurumo said:

I just wanted to say, you are doing an awesome job as always Kibbelz!

he is not. We have very little info going in about the cash shop and their plans for it. Or any address to the players concerns. Nothing.

Archived