30% Experience Buff In Effect 6/25 - 6/30

Arctic

• Aion Team

To celebrate the launch of Aion Classic with you all, we are activating a 30% XP Boost & 5% Movement Speed boost via a buff which all characters will receive beginning at noon PT today (1pm Server Time)!

This buff will cast on 20-minute intervals (and some extra casts for good measure), and remain in effect through June 30, at 6:00 pm Server Time.

We wanted to also spread awareness that there is a known issue affecting players who in loading screens either by teleporting or map movement when the buff is cast. These players will not receive the buff during that 20-minute interval, however can do so as soon as the next wave of buffs is bestowed. It is recommended to avoid travelling between maps if you are waiting for the buff to be cast.

Please note that this buff does not stack with Berdin's Amulet III, and when used the more powerful buff will override the other so long as it remains active.

But the games only been out for like 2 days?

Sorry but this seems a bit odd, EXP is already faster then original.

Also now just takes away from server first level 50 as they doing it the easy way.

2 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

To celebrate the launch of Aion Classic with you all, we are activating a 30% XP Boost & 5% Movement Speed boost via a buff which all characters will receive beginning at noon PT today (1pm Server Time)!

This buff will cast on 20-minute intervals (and some extra casts for good measure), and remain in effect through June 30, at 6:00 pm Server Time.

We wanted to also spread awareness that there is a known issue affecting players who in loading screens either by teleporting or map movement when the buff is cast. These players will not receive the buff during that 20-minute interval, however can do so as soon as the next wave of buffs is bestowed. It is recommended to avoid travelling between maps if you are waiting for the buff to be cast.

Please note that this buff does not stack with Berdin's Amulet III, and when used the more powerful buff will override the other so long as it remains active.

Does this affect crafting/gathering?

2 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

4 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

you should prolly clarify the XP boost.  you say 30% xp boost which implies 30% to everything xp related, but its not. sure i get 30% more for field kills and prolly crafting, but im definately not getting 30% more xp from quests

1 hour ago, Guest Keen said:

my xp from doing work orders did appear to increase a little. so i will assume crafting and gathering got a boost

Guest Mitsuha
13 hours ago, Hieraphant said:

you should prolly clarify the XP boost.  you say 30% xp boost which implies 30% to everything xp related, but its not. sure i get 30% more for field kills and prolly crafting, but im definately not getting 30% more xp from quests

my xp from doing work orders did appear to increase a little. so i will assume crafting and gathering got a boost

all exp buffs affect crafting.

Seems like a weird decision given that the whole reason classic was released was for the slower experience in all aspects. 

If the candies weren't odd enough of a choice, 30% xp event makes this seem like some weird f2p private server. 

1 hour ago, Guest amaterino said:

is it good and beneficial for your leveling? yes. Is it good for the game? no

Leveling in Aion Classic is very slow compared to Aion 7.9.

I don't mind, but some people are rush rush rush, so NCWest do an XP boost. Aion 7.9 has a 100% boost most weekends. Aion Classic was only a 30% boost but it went for 5 days.

5 minutes ago, Alvie said:

Leveling in Aion Classic is very slow compared to Aion 7.9.

I don't mind, but some people are rush rush rush, so NCWest do an XP boost. Aion 7.9 has a 100% boost most weekends. Aion Classic was only a 30% boost but it went for 5 days.

Because you need the exp for Experience Marks which is yet another form of currency. There's no such need in classic, because it's about leveling, exploring and making friends along the way.

Guest Wootage
11 minutes ago, Kubei-DN said:

Because you need the exp for Experience Marks which is yet another form of currency. There's no such need in classic, because it's about leveling, exploring and making friends along the way.

True Aion classic is not Retail it has more meaning to everything you do, first blue weapon you get feels awesome , first boots with running speed feels like you are Flash and than you get attack speed weapons and gold world drops and you run FT with group and see your first gold drop from Boss and its just an amazing experience because you know how rare it is to get all this stuff on other hand on 7.9 game just throws meaningless gold gear at you and it all feels bland and just another  worthless thing you get on your 2 hour journey to lvl80

17 minutes ago, Kubei-DN said:

Very true.

2 minutes ago, Guest Wootage said:

True Aion classic is not Retail it has more meaning to everything you do, first blue weapon you get feels awesome , first boots with running speed feels like you are Flash and than you get attack speed weapons and gold world drops and you run FT with group and see your first gold drop from Boss and its just an amazing experience because you know how rare it is to get all this stuff on other hand on 7.9 game just throws meaningless gold gear at you and it all feels bland and just another  worthless thing you get on your 2 hour journey to lvl80

Yes it's surprising how little improvements in gear make you happy in Classic. Nothing is particularly easy. My First NTC run we wiped 3 times, but it sill felt good.

Some people are into their level 40's already, others are running bots killing the same mobs over and over. It's not like they are going to get some marvelous gear drop.

I think the long grind gives you a reason to explore all the quests.

Archived