Weekend XP Buff incoming!

Arctic

• Aion Team

Greetings Daevas!

We hope you have all been enjoying your time in Aion Classic so far! But perhaps you've been one of the unlucky few who has been busy until now, or perhaps you're looking for some help to speed along your pursuit of level 50? Well in either case, we've seen many users asking for more XP and we're glad to say that we can deliver!

To help improve your weekend Aion Classic experience, we will be implementing a game-wide 30% experience buff beginning July 3rd at 00:00 Server Time and which will conclude at July 5th at 23:40 Server Time. This buff will cast on 20-minute intervals (and some extra casts for good measure).

There remains a known issue affecting players who are in loading screens either by teleporting or map movement when the buff is cast. These players will not receive the buff during that 20-minute interval, however can do so as soon as the next wave of buffs is bestowed. It is recommended to avoid travelling between maps if you are waiting for the buff to be cast.

Please note that this buff does not stack with Lodas Amulet III, and when used the more powerful buff will override the other so long as it remains active.

On 7/2/2021 at 6:55 PM, Kibbelz said:

Greetings Daevas!

We hope you have all been enjoying your time in Aion Classic so far! But perhaps you've been one of the unlucky few who has been busy until now, or perhaps you're looking for some help to speed along your pursuit of level 50? Well in either case, we've seen many users asking for more XP and we're glad to say that we can deliver!

To help improve your weekend Aion Classic experience, we will be implementing a game-wide 30% experience buff beginning July 3rd at 00:00 Server Time and which will conclude at July 5th at 23:40 Server Time. This buff will cast on 20-minute intervals (and some extra casts for good measure).

There remains a known issue affecting players who are in loading screens either by teleporting or map movement when the buff is cast. These players will not receive the buff during that 20-minute interval, however can do so as soon as the next wave of buffs is bestowed. It is recommended to avoid travelling between maps if you are waiting for the buff to be cast.

Please note that this buff does not stack with Lodas Amulet III, and when used the more powerful buff will override the other so long as it remains active.

I really dont understand why they need a buff like this already. They made the NA version super easy as it is. It is fast leveling, lower level pvp reduced, and gold drops are no longer rare drops,  it has been dumb down a lot. This is far better then anything past 2.7, but it is a long way from the Classic. 

1 hour ago, UnforgivingOG said:

I really dont understand why they need a buff like this already. They made the NA version super easy as it is. It is fast leveling, lower level pvp reduced, and gold drops are no longer rare drops,  it has been dumb down a lot. This is far better then anything past 2.7, but it is a long way from the Classic. 

If you don't want the buff, you can just remove it every 20 minutes. 

13 hours ago, Foxy Boxy said:

Lets not do XP buffs. Actually enjoy the game instead of rushing to the end. Read what the quests are instead of blinding accepting them. Learn some lore. Endgame will be there when you get there, why not enjoy the ride?

I personally never read the quest chat, most of the times it makes no sense and it is not contributing much to any of the lore. If anyone wants to read the lore they can do it in a site like this:

https://aion.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Game_Expansions
https://aion.fandom.com/wiki/Empyrean_Lord

or search for other in the lore like who is Siel:
https://aion.fandom.com/wiki/Siel

who is Israphel
https://aion.fandom.com/wiki/Israphel

1 hour ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

I personally never read the quest chat, most of the times it makes no sense and it is not contributing much to any of the lore. If anyone wants to read the lore they can do it in a site like this:

https://aion.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Game_Expansions
https://aion.fandom.com/wiki/Empyrean_Lord

or search for other in the lore like who is Siel:
https://aion.fandom.com/wiki/Siel

who is Israphel
https://aion.fandom.com/wiki/Israphel

Not all quests are lore based so of course they don't contribute to them. When someone asks you to gather 15 Titanium Ore they don't just say random things but give a legit reason for wanting it. Usually something along the lines of it will help with short supply of things or with it they can get new gear for themselves. Each quest has a fun little thing about them.

Now the gold quests on the other hand, those are lore based.

Which sounds more interesting here?

A) Do Three Keys to gain entry to Fire Temple (I know you don't have to anymore) so you can farm Kromede.

B) Do Three Keys and learn you are there to rescue Agnita upon which you learn about Kromede, which then ties into Kromede's Trial (Later expansion has it) and you learn just how corrupt the Shadow Judges can be, which also ties into why one of them wanted to assassinate you in another quest.

While A is perfectly fine, especially if you already know what's going on B is much more engaging and gives you more of a purpose for being in Fire Temple in the first place and also gives you a chance to see some of the corruption within your own faction.

Sure, endgame is fun. Why not have fun in the amazing world that has been created for us? Some quests are sad, some are happy, a lot are not emotional at all yet still engages you the player.

When you play any other game do you skip cut scenes? Just straight up don't read anything and just kill kill kill? If not, why do it here?

17 minutes ago, Foxy Boxy said:

Not all quests are lore based so of course they don't contribute to them. When someone asks you to gather 15 Titanium Ore they don't just say random things but give a legit reason for wanting it. Usually something along the lines of it will help with short supply of things or with it they can get new gear for themselves. Each quest has a fun little thing about them.

Now the gold quests on the other hand, those are lore based.

Which sounds more interesting here?

A) Do Three Keys to gain entry to Fire Temple (I know you don't have to anymore) so you can farm Kromede.

B) Do Three Keys and learn you are there to rescue Agnita upon which you learn about Kromede, which then ties into Kromede's Trial (Later expansion has it) and you learn just how corrupt the Shadow Judges can be, which also ties into why one of them wanted to assassinate you in another quest.

While A is perfectly fine, especially if you already know what's going on B is much more engaging and gives you more of a purpose for being in Fire Temple in the first place and also gives you a chance to see some of the corruption within your own faction.

Sure, endgame is fun. Why not have fun in the amazing world that has been created for us? Some quests are sad, some are happy, a lot are not emotional at all yet still engages you the player.

When you play any other game do you skip cut scenes? Just straight up don't read anything and just kill kill kill? If not, why do it here?

Yes but since everything is scattered around and my attention span is too short I rarely ever make any sense of these short stories in quests. I get what you mean. Also when a quest is super hard it gets into my nerves.

Many times some quests aren't even giving enough information, I remember back in the days you either got told the walk through in LFG by someone that already did it or you found the solution on google. I used to play WoW for some time and I never needed any out of the game help to do any of the quests, especially because of the user-made addons that helped in quests and all.

The quests I always liked were those that had a cinematic as well.

Archived