What is point of doing Siege if your Elyos faction

Hello,

So I have to say after playing Aion Classic I've been enjoying pretty much everything about it.  However I'm Elyos character and I've been to a few Sieges in the Abyss and see that it is pretty much impossible to win a fortress from the Asmos.   It seems as though we are heavily outnumbered by the asmos in a big way and we can't win a fortress unless they are not there.  I'm sure NCsoft could look at those numbers and see this is a fact.   I think I'm going to just stop going to Siege at this point because I end up actually losing AP by going to them.  I had less AP after the last siege was over than when I started.   Although it's going to take a very long time to get to the 1.5 million abyss points needed to get a set of abyss gear by doing abyss quests at 150ap per run at least by not going to siege that number will eventually build up to where I can buy at least a couple pieces of good gear.   All the while with Asmos taking pretty much all the fortress in siege every time I guess there AP will build up to the point they can get their good gear and not only will they outnumber us Elyos they will be even more impossible to beat.   @Kibbles can you please keep track of the severe fortress losses by Elyos and is there something you guys can to to help Balance this out a little.  Otherwise more and more people like me will just lose interest in even attending siege and the problem will just get worse.

If you surrender all fortress wins (and therefore medals and AP) you guarantee the enemy faction will always out-gear your own faction. That being said, it's only been a few siege days so far with enough L25+ players to even capture a fortress; give it a month or so as more of your faction levels and gears up and see how the balance is then. Giving up sieges this early is just going to contribute to your own imbalance struggles. In the past NCW has intervened with various custom systems to address siege balance so if it really does turn out to be one-sided you can probably expect help to be on the way

3 hours ago, HeartStrings-DN said:

However I'm Elyos character and I've been to a few Sieges in the Abyss and see that it is pretty much impossible to win a fortress from the Asmos.   It seems as though we are heavily outnumbered by the asmos in a big way and we can't win a fortress unless they are not there.  I'm sure NCsoft could look at those numbers and see this is a fact.   I think I'm going to just stop going to Siege at this point because I end up actually losing AP by going to them.  I had less AP after the last siege was over than when I started. 

Your mindset is the worst possible kind to have in this game.  Why does your ap even matter at this stage of the game the highest ranks are like rank 3 if that.

6 hours ago, Inbread said:

This has to be a bait post, right? No one in their right mind would think elyos on Siel are being "stomped" when both factions own one fort.

Oh wow, here I was thinking Elyos were like the Asmos on Israphel where they so far have been shut out of taking any forts even when Elyos are a bit divided over inter-legion drama. Granted they are taking advantage of farming our fort guards, but still that's a bit of a stretch by the OP, or at least they have some perception biases. Reds and purples do seem to be more numberous when compared to a group of various shades of white and blues. 

I turn up to Elyos sieges and get DC 5 times in a row as soon as I get near the Asmo hoarde.

Something that didn't happen to me back in 2009 on inferior hardware and crappy ADSL.

So I don't do sieges anymore because of this bug. I am sure other Elyos feel the same way.

4 minutes ago, 2s434CA said:

It's funny how Elyos think they are outnumbered. We only brought two leagues today.

If you look at the Abyss rankings, the top 10 Asmo legions have way more AP than the top 10 Elyos legions, that means the Asmos can obtain way more PvP gear too.

Do I care? Not at all, because I can't do a siege without disconnecting over and over.

6 minutes ago, Alvie said:

If you look at the Abyss rankings, the top 10 Asmo legions have way more AP than the top 10 Elyos legions, that means the Asmos can obtain way more PvP gear too.

Do I care? Not at all, because I can't do a siege without disconnecting over and over.

Now Elmos can enjoy farming repeatables on both our forts and sulfur. 

If you keep disconnecting try ExitLag. Our Eu legion members had that issue before and now they can siege no problem.

There is little imbalance in the numbers that keep showing up to the sieges thus far.

My suggestion is to get good and get better leadership than you currently have. To level up more 40+ people. And to communicate.

Aion is very much a "we" game, not a "me" game, which is a hard concept for westerners to grasp.

Archived