Forums

Server Merge DELETED my Item Collection

Alyta-DN

Item Collection  

14 members have voted

1. 1. What happened to your Item Collection stats?

• Everything transferred fine :)
    • My stats are missing :(
    • I have stats from DN and KT in my collection now!
    • I don't know? I just wanted to click on something because I read the post.

In the days leading up to the server merge, there never was any clarification as to what was going to happen to the Item Collection stats.  Even the FAQ lacked information. I saw some people say they think they were going to possibly merge them, or just move them over. I had a bunch of stuff I had spent countless hours running instances, farming Timeless and AP collecting put into those window tabs. The night before the merge I took some screenshots and a video scrolling through my windows. I didn't get to collect as much as some other players I know, but I still put effort into it for whatever I could finish.

The day after the merge, after I updated my client, I logged into the game to check what happened. My whole Item Collection was deleted and wiped! I have nothing in there anymore. 😢I sent in a ticket to support and they told me I should just check the forums. I don't see any other posts, so I made this one. 

Did anyone else lose their Item Collection?

RQZkz27.jpg

13 hours ago, Alyta-DN said:

In the days leading up to the server merge, there never was any clarification as to what was going to happen to the Item Collection stats.  Even the FAQ lacked information. I saw some people say they think they were going to possibly merge them, or just move them over. I had a bunch of stuff I had spent countless hours running instances, farming Timeless and AP collecting put into those window tabs. The night before the merge I took some screenshots and a video scrolling through my windows. I didn't get to collect as much as some other players I know, but I still put effort into it for whatever I could finish.

The day after the merge, after I updated my client, I logged into the game to check what happened. My whole Item Collection was deleted and wiped! I have nothing in there anymore. 😢I sent in a ticket to support and they told me I should just check the forums. I don't see any other posts, so I made this one. 

Did anyone else lose their Item Collection?

Kibbelz said it in the merge FAQ post that collections will be transferred and if you have both factions the collections will merge. So if you lost your collections the ticket was the right move.

I didnt receive Mine as well, i tried talk tô them with a ticket and my feedback was this:

"Hi,

As of now, we won't be able to comment on any restorations yet regarding the Item Collections. Nevertheless, we have heard that this is already being looked into by our QA and Dev Teams. As such, we can only advise that you wait for further updates on this for now as a possible fix may be implemented later on.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

For the meantime, please let us know if you have other inquiries or requests.

Regards,"

It has been 10 days so far and nothing about my item collection..

i have the same problem, i have both DN and KT ely toons and DN side got alot of collection stats, sent ticket and they dont even know when it can be fixed. @Kibbelz you said the stats will be combined but it just deleted instead, please do something

Hello there,

Thank you for letting us know about this. At this time, I am forwarding the information that you've provided about this issue to our Quality Assurance Team for investigation. After replicating and confirming the bug, it will be entered into our bug tracking system so that the Development Team can address it.

If you have any other questions, please let me know and I will be happy to assist you.

Regards.

GM SAI
NCSOFT Support Team

Hello,

Unfortunately, we are unable to provide you with an estimated time on when this issue will be fixed. However, rest assured that this is being looked at by the Development Team. Your understanding is appreciated.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Senior GM Kairun
NCSOFT Support Team

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Nearly 3 months later and still nothing. It's become almost impossible to play. I only have one free inventory spot because I'm afraid to add anything into my collection for fear of losing my old progress and then anything new not being incorporated into it. I don't want to delete items I could be adding into the collection either. I really want my old progress back so I can add all my new progress into it. 🙁

• 1 month later...
15 minutes ago, Alyta-DN said:

NCSOFT, when will this be fixed so people can have their stats back, inventory spaces freed and ability to use this function again?

This should be like priority no. 1 in their "to do" list, hope they are working on it, right @Kibbelz ? You forwarded the message, many people lost their progress thus disadvantaged and demotivated to continue. Please reply with status report on this issue.

Thank you❤️

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hate to say it, but if they haven't fixed them by now they probably aren't fixing them at all. My guess is in their laziness, they automated/scripted the collection merging, and some accounts returned conflicts so they just left them out and never bothered to fix manually, coz ain't nobody got time fo' dat, what is this, like an actual business? yo crazy with yo level of service expectations(moderator -  thats all sarcasm you know, dont get feisty).

Speculating of course, what else can we do when they elect to just ignore issues until they "go away", like their player base, but the pay checks seems to be coming alright so who cares, right? right? hello? anyone left? thought so :D

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@EMpulseHello! Can someone one way or the other help Alyta here? Its been well over a year and no resolution. If there is no fix please just tell her so she can start building collections all over again? Maybe give some compensation? If they will never be able to just tell them instead of having them wait 2 years not putting anything in collections in the hope that there will be a solution. Thanks!!

On 12/2/2022 at 3:09 PM, Voltric-DN said:

My advice is to stop hoping for a solution and start over. Sorry to have to say this, but ncwest doesn't care nor do they have the know-how to fix it. I'm honestly surprised anyone is still holding out hope.

I worked countless hours grinding open world, running dungeons, playing events, gaining AP, gaining enchantment stones, gaining stigma enchants.. and I'm suppose to just let them take that all away because of a bug? Nope. Not letting them get away with that. 

Imagine being at work for months, finally getting paid, and then the company voids your checks. Would you let them steal those hard earned pay checks because of a glitch or would you keep fighting for it? 

What I don't understand is why they can't just add the items back into it for me.

• 2 weeks later...