Weekly Server Maintenance - February 9, 2022

Rin

• Aion Team

Greetings Daevas!

Tomorrow we will be holding our regularly scheduled maintenance for Aion. Downtime will begin at 6am Server Time (4am PT / 7am ET / 12pm UTC), and will conclude after approximately 3 hours and 45 minutes.

The following changes will be coming to the game during this maintenance:

• Frozen Magic Event
    • Update: Prestige owners will now get  two +1 snowballs every 30 minutes, for a total of 24 per day. Event post has been updated to reflect this.
  • Shugoling Hunters Event
  • Auto-Hunt permanently enabled for Inggison and Gelkmaros.

Thank you everyone for your continued feedback and patience. See you in game!

---------------------

Update 2/10/22 @ 10:57 AM PT: Aion will be under emergency maintenance starting at 12PM PT / 3PM ET / 23 UTC. We will be addressing the following issues at this time:

• Frozen Magic Event:
    • Added an additional snowball for final daily Lugbug missions.
    • Fixed an issue with the NPC Abominabelle. She has now been re-activated.
    • Upon further review, the [Event] Brilliant Ice Prism bundle contents have been updated to match their intended rewards. For the full list, please visit said updated event blog post, [here].

Thank you all so much for your reports around this issue. We appreciate your patience, feedback, and kindness as we continue to address items as they arise.

---------------------

Update 2/9/22 @ 11:35 AM PT: The team is currently working towards a solution. Again, we greatly appreciate everyone's continued patience, and I deeply understand your frustrations around this. As soon as I receive more information, I will comment in this thread and update the maintenance notice.

Thank you so, so much.

---------------------

Update 2/9/22 @ 10:40 AM PT: Abominabelle has been temporarily disabled while we investigate an issue.

Thank you so much for your patience and understanding at this time, and we again greatly apologize for the inconvenience. Please standby as I receive more updates and discuss with the team.

Shugoling Legion Coins, a wonderous currency that can be traded in for powerful items!

That claim is highly debatable, there is nothing in that list of rewards that could even remotely fit into such a description reaffirming the developers disconnect from their own game.

• Aion Team
20 minutes ago, Shampoo said:

That claim is highly debatable, there is nothing in that list of rewards that could even remotely fit into such a description reaffirming the developers disconnect from their own game.

Hi Shampoo! 

This one I can own up to over the development team: I'm the one who writes the flavor text for the blogs. I understand if it's not to your liking or a disconnect on the flavor over what is implemented.

I know many have already shared what they like and dislike based on the Frozen Magic Event as well and it likely correlates to the same wants here, but if you have more to add please feel free too!

Thanks for your understanding!

Doesnt mater you can tell them over and over what the player base wants and needs, but it goes in one ear and out the other,  it just goes to show that the upper management of this game doesn't understand the need of the players,  i miss the old days when GM's played the game and understood the needs of the players,  all we keep getting is copy paste watered down events,  please give people a actual reason to GRIND the event,  this list is a HUGE joke and waste of time, the only worthwhile item on the list really is [Event] Daevanion Skill Selection Box (10 types) and its 1 per week......its quite clear the upper managment of this game doesnt understand aion has the harshest RNG rates of almost any other MMORPG on the market, so one book a week is a complete smack in the face,   such stupid purchase limits.....so for the entire event you can purchase 2?  whats the point of that?  do you really think this is gonna make the players want to play the game?  Give the players what they want i dont understand why its so difficult to do,  keep making these poor choices and you will see soon enough your revenues will end,  EU has 4 servers all pretty healthy  KR has several too....but then again they are GENEROUS with events and rewards,  but loook at NCWEST we are down to one server now, and its slowly going down hill every day because of the lack of understanding there game and needs.    

Disappointing that you all keep punishing your loyal players who have been here for the last 12+ years,  have yall given up?

Prove me wrong if not,  i'm waiting clocks ticking til no ones left

@Rin, you can literally  replace every single reward on the list with various old skins, motions, housing items, skill cards, mounts and i guarantee you there wont be a single person that complains about it. Thats the state of the matter. Every single event in recent years has outdated items, and the timeless ones like the upper mentioned have never really been included despite everyone asking for them for the good part of 4-5 years. I get it, you don't want to add the actually useful items liek oath tablets, passive skills, apostles, rare transformation because my guess is you plan to keep "milking" the stone for every last cent people that have been wanting them for years are willing to spend, but theres no excuse as to why there has been no cosmetic items either for sale, events or in game rewards.

I'll treat this event as a side looting event that I won't mind looting since I play in Apsaranta.

Nothing fancy here, but it is one additional drop event to the snowballs event. The only thing that worth buying is the renown potions and probably berdin stars depending on how many coins you can get.

3 hours ago, Rin said:

Hi Shampoo! 

This one I can own up to over the development team: I'm the one who writes the flavor text for the blogs. I understand if it's not to your liking or a disconnect on the flavor over what is implemented.

I know many have already shared what they like and dislike based on the Frozen Magic Event as well and it likely correlates to the same wants here, but if you have more to add please feel free too!

Thanks for your understanding!

We just want to feel that the game is moving forward not stock up in a stagnant rewards in event. Right now the rewards there are so old like it is just 6.0 version , its 2.0 version past we just wanna feel that the game is moving its tiring that we always see old rewards. Thanks its kinda nice to be replied and listed to. Btw there are some events that are good but the reward become awful when its repeatedly old. 

5 hours ago, Arhangelos said:

I'll treat this event as a side looting event that I won't mind looting since I play in Apsaranta.

Nothing fancy here, but it is one additional drop event to the snowballs event. The only thing that worth buying is the renown potions and probably berdin stars depending on how many coins you can get.

Not sure what will be better - farm those coins for renown or just do quests. It depends on how fast you can find 30 mobs.

Snowballs! Wow better late than never ❤️as for rewards, for free stuff its not bad.

For upcoming rewards you might go for this:

-Exp marks

-Daevanion essences

-wraps !(WRAPS)!

-io (got that covered in side mob event)

-sancticity potion

-stigma enchants (100% ones too, they exist)

-craftman essence (grinding weapons without icecream bot enhancement is oooof)

Listed above are a few from "material" section, wich helps people progress further in the game and i'm sure others can point out more stuff that are relevant for current release.

I don't see a problem replacing any of rewards from loot table by thoose i've listed

Or even expanding the list with more usefull items. Lets spin that wheel of sadness 😂

As for the grind/actually do something stuff,

I'm all in waiting what you guys can come with. As always, friendly reminder, do it in advance since you care about feedback.

Nobody wants to play on an empty server 😉

Thank you and have fun ❤️

7 hours ago, Gabrielis said:

Not sure what will be better - farm those coins for renown or just do quests. It depends on how fast you can find 30 mobs.

It is 50k renown once per week per region, not too much not too little. We have to see how many coins we will be getting from normal mobs and/or how easy it is to farm the special mobs.

• Aion Team

Good morning everyone.

As soon as this was brought to our attention, we rushed in to double check the Lugbug daily snowball quests. Unfortunately, this was a communication error that was not caught before being implemented into the event blog and needed to be removed. Lugbug daily snowball quests was not intended to be part of this event.

On behalf of all of us on the Aion team, please forgive us for this one line that slipped through.

However, another item brought to my attention by the development team, is those who have a Prestige Pass can get a maximum of 24 snowballs every day, instead of a maximum of 12 originally written. The maintenance notes here and the event blog have been updated to reflect this. Although it is not the Lugbug daily snowball quests, we hope these additional 12 passive snowballs a day helps alleviate some of the pressures of this mistake.

Thank you so much for your reports and understanding in this event. I have documented this process and will be working towards future fixes in light of this.

18 minutes ago, Rin said:

Good morning everyone.

As soon as this was brought to our attention, we rushed in to double check the Lugbug daily snowball quests. Unfortunately, this was a communication error that was not caught before being implemented into the event blog and needed to be removed. Lugbug daily snowball quests was not intended to be part of this event.

On behalf of all of us on the Aion team, please forgive us for this one line that slipped through.

However, another item brought to my attention by the development team, is those who have a Prestige Pass can get a maximum of 24 snowballs every day, instead of a maximum of 12 originally written. The maintenance notes here and the event blog have been updated to reflect this. Although it is not the Lugbug daily snowball quests, we hope these additional 12 passive snowballs a day helps alleviate some of the pressures of this mistake.

Thank you so much for your reports and understanding in this event. I have documented this process and will be working towards future fixes in light of this.

It sure helps alleviate 15$ out of peoples pockets versus something that was suppose to be free. Thats not really uncommon mate, you will come to realize that  these "happy little accidents" are rarely, well accidental.

• Aion Team

Update 2/9/22 @ 10:40 AM PT: Abominabella has been temporarily disabled while we investigate an issue.

Thank you so much for your patience and understanding at this time, and we again greatly apologize for the inconvenience. Please standby as I receive more updates and discuss with the team.

• Aion Team

Update 2/9/22 @ 11:35 AM PT: The team is currently working towards a solution. Again, we greatly appreciate everyone's continued patience, and I deeply understand your frustrations around this. As soon as I receive more information, I will comment in this thread and update the top maintenance notice.

Thank you so, so much.

2 hours ago, Rin said:

Update 2/9/22 @ 11:35 AM PT: The team is currently working towards a solution. Again, we greatly appreciate everyone's continued patience, and I deeply understand your frustrations around this. As soon as I receive more information, I will comment in this thread and update the top maintenance notice.

Thank you so, so much.

So now the prestige snowballs are gone too? I just activated a pass and they poofed shortly after?? I don't know what to say anymore, are the "correct" amount going to be fixed now to 12 daily, you know that would be false advertising after stating you get 24?

• Aion Team
7 minutes ago, Shampoo said:

So now the prestige snowballs are gone too? I just activated a pass and they poofed shortly after?? I don't know what to say anymore, are the "correct" amount going to be fixed now to 12 daily, you know that would be false advertising after stating you get 24?

Hey Shampoo. Can you try changing maps or going to the character select to see if this fixes your problem? The correct amount will not be changed to 12 snowballs daily with prestige, it is still 24 snowballs per day. Let me know if this fixes your issues and if not, please elaborate what is happening so I can report it to the team. Thank you!

Archived