2.0 open world content drops [Merged]

Tasoulaaaa

This reduced drop rate is horrible. This needs to be fixed. I will not extend my sub in 30 days when it expires if this continues. It has already got one of my friends that was going to return and play to not return. How low do you want this population to drop? Are you trying to kill off the remaining players? This is also going to make it near impossible for actual new players to even get the skill, kinah, and gear needed. 

I was excited for 2.0 but i think NCsoft dropped the ball with all of the changes with this patch. Taking away the inner forts for lvl 50s, taking away world drop, making world bosses unfarmable, rewarding returning players that gave up on the game and not compensating the existing player makes it just look like another cash grab. Is that all NCsoft is really interested in? I dont get on the forums much but i could not just sit back this time and let NCsoft get away with all this without first speaking my mind.  

1 hour ago, Dorito said:

vJ13mch.jpg

"Questing has kinah"

Do 1 quest, and then you can buy one Fine Elemental Stone :)

Yeah, and don't forget scrolls and potions. Also the millions to get newer normal stigmas and skill books. Attack 5's are over a million ea. on broker, it would take months to socket a single PvP piece if you aren't very lucky.

Ncsoft doesnt fail on disappointment. the world drops are crap and it wil be impossible to just solo grind now for my 55 balic plate set for skins and among other good items in biolab area. All i was looking forward to was 2.0 but with this bs on nerfed drops instead of having staff being in game and ban bots they choose a lazy way which effects legit active players. until fixes and are changed i'm done with aion completely. Love the game, hate the company.

Fighting bots by removing drop is the same as defeating hackers by turning off the Internet all over the world. Effective, but what difference does it make if there are hackers or not if there is no Internet? Bots should be banned, the drop should be returned. But I know that nothing like this will happen, for all the time I have not seen an adequate solution to gameplay problems.

But I agree with one thing, it's better without a drop and without bots than with bots and a drop. Since the bots will still devalue the entire drop that you can get will be an ordinary person.

We full-cleared LUT+UT for exp yesterday and only had 2 green lv60 manastone drops in total (resist magic and block). No other notable drops, except a few green equipment.

Not sure if this insanely low droprate is intended.

This topic has been brought up repeatedly, and since we are no closer to an efficient solution, it will keep being brought up. 

World drop rate *must* be increased. We pay a subscription of $15/ mo. Aion Classic NA's anniversary is coming up, so dedicated paying players have, at minimum, sunk nearly $180 into Classic so far. Part of that benefit is to obtain world drops and kinah, which is listed under "field gameplay". As of right now, we are very close to the same benefit that a free player gets, AKA Junk. You guys have gotten thousands and thousands of dollars off of players; finding an efficient solution to botting WHILE also catering to the player base in such a manner that would retain them should not be a difficult thing to do.

Your answer was to "increase" drops in dungeons. May I remind you that dungeons have *cooldowns*. A standard player gets 1 shot at a dungeon to get drops. It's already difficult to find groups for some dungeons, because players left due to many of the points I mentioned above - then you have to fight 5 other players for a white drop in a dungeon?

The quest rewards in Inggison are bad. Giving 5 courage scrolls as a reward for grinding out 50 mobs is rubbish, especially when all 50 of those mobs didn't drop a single thing except junk items.

A large portion of players don't have the kinah to buy the already expensive materials in the broker. When a level 28 stigma skill costs 15 million kinah because it's only found in the world, but doesn't drop anymore, that's a problem. For players who chose weapon/armor/handicrafting and have to pay 150,000 kinah for a single flux or another basic material item that should have been decently stocked, is a problem. 

Also, I do want to point out that the measures were supposed to deter botting? It didn't. There are still bots. Everywhere. I still had to fight a bot to do a quest, and that quest gave rubbish rewards, AND I got no world drops from the mobs.

I understand this issue [ and it is an issue ] "isn't on the table" right now, but it really should be. We pay actual money into the game each month, and we are not getting its worth - we haven't for a long time.

Also side note, stop giving out mustard dye, it's gross looking!

@Rin 

The drop rates are horrible. I recognize that you are aware of what we are saying but like, it's not being addressed - a large part of your player base is actively asking for this issue to be corrected. We are coming up at a year for Aion Classic NA; I hope you guys don't think that shelling out a reskinned event that gives 100 power shards as a reward is going to make up for the lack of very important and necessary items and materials we are missing as world drops!

Please listen to your player base and correct the world drop rate. You guys do know that bots do dungeons, right? Bots still bot out in the world, right? And that, after everything you guys have done, bots STILL have more time/rng in finding stuff compared to the average player. The measures you took to deter botting didn't work, it only hurt active and paying players. 

We can't find manastones, gold gear to sell in broker, CRAFTING DESIGNS, any of that. Dungeons do have a cooldown, so "increasing drop rates" in dungeons, where you can run 1 per day most of the time, AND fight 5 other players for stuff, is bad. 

• Funkula changed the title to 2.0 open world content drops [Merged]

I would say it's blatantly obvious that the NA community wants the drop rates restored. Honestly in NA we never had a botting issue that was so bad it warranted this anyways. I love the decision to almost kill the game over bots though, genius. 

8 hours ago, Ontwo said:

I would say it's blatantly obvious that the NA community wants the drop rates restored. Honestly in NA we never had a botting issue that was so bad it warranted this anyways. I love the decision to almost kill the game over bots though, genius. 

This is totally true. If you watch a stream from Korea, the amount of bots in open world is INSANE. They pretty much kept the balaur mobs there full cleared all the time, I mean the elite mobs too. When I was watching my friend stream there he went to Hoarfrost and the amount of bots in that one camp had to be greater than people we have for a fort siege. This 'solution' was designed for a region with an enormous population with an even more enormous bot population. It is totally killing the economy for our small population. Things are selling on the broker SO much more slowly now because everyone is broke. No drop rates open world and bad drop rate in instances is complete insanity.

Please!

With 2.0, new manastones were released - as a result, we all need to resocket our current gear and socket new manastones into our new gear.

Not every manastone can be crafted, some can only be found as loot from mobs. As a result, there is a depressingly short supply of manastones causing the prices on some to skyrocket to over 1 million each!

Please do something about this. We do not have the population of Korea so the supply of manastones cannot be compared, while we are still constrained by the same low drop rates and manastone socket rates. 

I understand the low field drop rates are meant to target bots, however NA does not have many bots! Korea has bot trains...

• Aion Team

Hey everyone.

I just wanted to say thank you again for your continued feedback on this topic. My mods have also been condensing related threads into one so we can keep up on everyone's collective voice. If you have more to contribute related to 2.0 drop rates, please keep politely voicing your issues here and I will continue to raise and push heavily on this topic with my team. I will report back to each of you as soon as I know more, and I greatly and truly appreciate your patience and understanding at this time.

• Aion Team

Hello friends, I'm back with another update from one of our Producers, SangMin:

"Hello everyone. We wanted to take a moment and thank you for raising your concerns on this topic. We also wish to inform you that we are looking deeply into this situation, and working on communications with the development team as soon as possible. Due to the nature of this topic, we wish to approaching this situation very carefully and thoughtfully, which could take additional time. We greatly appreciate your patience in the mean time as we work diligently to figure out what solutions might be available to us. Thank you."

14 minutes ago, Cyfur said:

Run a poll or survey, see what proportion of the community wants better world drop rate.

If the majority says yes, then the devs should do it, after all we are paying for the product.

I mean... do they really need to make a poll for this? it's pretty obvious 100% of playerbase want to be able to farm stuff in open world.

Everyone been complaining about this change ever since they took drop off Theobomos and Brusthonin.  The new maps being "pvp enabled" should have the original drop rate  on them. Give people a reason to be on the map ,  it promote pvp organically ,  it fills the map with people farming mats/gear/godstones etc.

At the moment it is very hard to get enchantments stones and manastones and designs that are required to progress thru the game UNLESS you got pretty good luck in instances AND having to win roll against 5 other people.

North America Aion dosent have Korea Aion population ,  the nerf on drop might work for them since they have a crazy amount of bots running around  but it only hurt us in NA , it pushes people away , nobody want to farm 3hours to get 1 white ring wich sell for 30k kinah and when you do get good luck in instance  and get drop , the useful stuff that's for sale on broker sells for DOZEN of MILLIONS  kinah.

Let's be real here , Aion Classic in NA isnt in a very good shape.  2.0 could had saved the past mistakes , and i get NCWest is pretty limited in what they can do without asking the mother company, but if you want people to stay in the game , and somewhat have a population growth , WE NEED TO HAVE ORIGINAL DROP RATE BACK.

It's not too late YET.

MAKE THE RIGHT MOVE  @Loki @Rin

9 minutes ago, DMob-DN said:

I mean... do they really need to make a poll for this? it's pretty obvious 100% of playerbase want to be able to farm stuff in open world.

Everyone been complaining about this change ever since they took drop off Theobomos and Brusthonin.  The new maps being "pvp enabled" should have the original drop rate  on them. Give people a reason to be on the map ,  it promote pvp organically ,  it fills the map with people farming mats/gear/godstones etc.

At the moment it is very hard to get enchantments stones and manastones and designs that are required to progress thru the game UNLESS you got pretty good luck in instances AND having to win roll against 5 other people.

North America Aion dosent have Korea Aion population ,  the nerf on drop might work for them since they have a crazy amount of bots running around  but it only hurt us in NA , it pushes people away , nobody want to farm 3hours to get 1 white ring wich sell for 30k kinah and when you do get good luck in instance  and get drop , the useful stuff that's for sale on broker sells for DOZEN of MILLIONS  kinah.

Let's be real here , Aion Classic in NA isnt in a very good shape.  2.0 could had saved the past mistakes , and i get NCWest is pretty limited in what they can do without asking the mother company, but if you want people to stay in the game , and somewhat have a population growth , WE NEED TO HAVE ORIGINAL DROP RATE BACK.

It's not too late YET.

MAKE THE RIGHT MOVE  @Loki @Rin

You assume to much.

Not everyone has been complaining, in fact it seems only a handful.

eg. I don't care at all about general open world drops, and I am sure there are many others like me.

The only drops that bother me are quest items. I know some people like to run bots to harvest open world drops, that's not my kind of thing.

That's why we have things like surveys and polls, it's called democracy.

2 hours ago, Rin said:

"Hello everyone. We wanted to take a moment and thank you for raising your concerns on this topic. We also wish to inform you that we are looking deeply into this situation, and working on communications with the development team as soon as possible. Due to the nature of this topic, we wish to approaching this situation very carefully and thoughtfully, which could take additional time. We greatly appreciate your patience in the mean time as we work diligently to figure out what solutions might be available to us. Thank you."

I like that we got a communication from the producer. At least we know the issue is being looked into.

I'll wait something actually happens before believing  it tho, the godzilla event and the dux/gate hp balance has shown on multiple occurence that some easy stuff would take a long time to fix.

Edited by Neferupito

I agree its a no brainer to have higher drop rates for lower population

Nobody except maybe 5 whales want to pay 1M+ per manastone. Just like the real world, if you fack up the economy people will not participate

I will not be extending my sub until this is fixed, as evidenced by the broker being full of cheap manastones and gold gear etc

5 hours ago, Rin said:

Hey Rin, look I've been around NCSoft games long enough to know that NC KR, doesn't give two squats about the NA market. They pulled the same stuff with Lineage 2, Lineage 2 Classic, and now with Aion.  What they are doing is applying a cookie-cutter approach to this whole thing and any business major will tell you, that you cannot do that, especially if your international market does not align 100% with your local market. 

I'm not sure who you guys need to talk to in Korea to get this fixed, but, it really needs to be done. I know a lot of you really love the games but, there comes a point when NCNA needs to put on its big boy pants and sit down with mommy and daddy and point out the glaring differences between the two localities.