Sharp decrease in active players this month. What are you going to do?

Nsn

Logged in at 8PM EST, prime dredg time, and there were only 70 level 55 players online total - such a low number I didn't even have to search by class and do math.

There's no way the playerbase that's left is providing enough revenue to pay the AWS bill and all of the other expenses required to run this MMO.

What are you going to do?

31 minutes ago, Nsn said:

Logged in at 8PM EST, prime dredg time, and there were only 70 level 55 players online total - such a low number I didn't even have to search by class and do math.

There's no way the playerbase that's left is providing enough revenue to pay the AWS bill and all of the other expenses required to run this MMO.

What are you going to do?

Probably ask for more money in the cash shop lmao

They had months to do something.Private servers are run better than a multi national company can .Ncwest/soft right treat players like crap they are gone.

This company has had way way too many chances to get things right and they just spit in the players faces.Those in charge in korea are shortsighted because by abusing the western market from day one in retail and only caring about korean players they shot themselves in the foot the western market spent a far amount and perhaps if they stopped ignoring people they would of spent more.

Cashshop gets fixed faster than real issues,forum posts are deleted/locked faster than are issues fixed.

No replys from producers just *crickets* game is dead not worth the time.

They had more than 1 servers open, they could have had one server fully free to play with cash shop and one server fully pay to play with no cash shop and see where it would all go from there. They pulled the rug under their own feet, went down to 1 server in no time and they keep the same tactics.

The game is not designed for the publishers' needs to make big money, it is designed to make the players happy and enjoy it and then bring money to the publishers, unless they let players have fun they won't see big money any time soon.

Do not get fooled, they would go the exact same route if they had to repeat the whole process from start, 100 times if not mroe they would continue to do the same stupid tactics that not a single player enjoyed.

Edited by Arhangelos

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/22/2022 at 3:08 PM, marikazan-KT said:

They had months to do something.Private servers are run better than a multi national company can .Ncwest/soft right treat players like crap they are gone.

This company has had way way too many chances to get things right and they just spit in the players faces.Those in charge in korea are shortsighted because by abusing the western market from day one in retail and only caring about korean players they shot themselves in the foot the western market spent a far amount and perhaps if they stopped ignoring people they would of spent more.

Cashshop gets fixed faster than real issues,forum posts are deleted/locked faster than are issues fixed.

No replys from producers just *crickets* game is dead not worth the time.

True, that's why I cancelled my subscription today, other server seem to be run far better.

I know at least 4 players who won't renew their subscriptions this month and I'm part of them. Economy is nyerked and it's not fun to play when you have 0 character progression (no reliable way to make kinah, nothing intersting in the broker). It led people away and it's even less fun to play against bots and autoclickers.

We're 1 inggisson failed siege away from the faction not going to siege at all anymore. Kensin has every right to do what he's doing and it is easy counterable with a united faction, but right now it isn't the case and he should seriously stop if he wants to have fun for a longer period of time. Preventing the last willing elyos from going to siege is just playing against himself in the long run.

Edited by Neferupito

On 8/2/2022 at 8:36 PM, Neferupito said:

He should seriously stop if he wants to have fun for a longer period of time. Preventing the last willing elyos from going to siege is just playing against himself in the long run.

Some people just want to watch the game burn (or what's left of it anyway lol).

Honestly, I'm just waiting to see what's going to happen at this point. Hopefully we hear about some drop rate fixes before the population plummets any more than it already has. I do know some people who plan on coming back if it's ever fixed but, that remains to be seen so.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

5 hours ago, Cookie said:

Honestly, I'm just waiting to see what's going to happen at this point. Hopefully we hear about some drop rate fixes before the population plummets any more than it already has. I do know some people who plan on coming back if it's ever fixed but, that remains to be seen so.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

The problem I see is people screamed about bots getting  gold armor and weapon drops back when Classic launched, then all of a sudden the drop rate was dramatically reduced.  NCsoft clearly see bots as good revenue, I have reported the bots outside Inggison fortress maybe 200+ times, basically every day on each toon I do Mith coin repeats since 2.0 came out. Still the bots remain, that speaks volumes. The private servers  I have tested have no bots,  and good anti cheat protection, go figure.

It's all about the number of Siel's Aura subscriptions NCSoft can sell, they would be perfectly happy if there were no actual players, jut bots. Because that way they get the subscription revenue, but don't have to do support for a real player base, which saves on staff costs. Higher bot numbers, with the bad drops, means more players leave, so the bot runners have less players to sell the drops to, so they will eventually cancel subs and leave too.

«It's all about the number of Siel's Aura subscriptions NCSoft can sell, they would be perfectly happy if there were no actual players, jut bots. Because that way they get the subscription revenue, but don't have to do support for a real player base, which saves on staff costs. Higher bot numbers, with the bad drops, means more players leave, so the bot runners have less players to sell the drops to, so they will eventually cancel subs and leave too»

And They will end up selling the game to gameforge like Krafton did with Tera«On 20 April 2022, Gameforge announced that Bluehole had decided to cease work on TERA and that Gameforge would shut down the game's servers on 30 June 2022»

So the end is coming.

Unless they ready the forum and inspire themself.

5 hours ago, Testimony said:

Unless they ready the forum and inspire themself.

I think they do read the forums. People certainly get banned for being too spicy lol. I suspect that the issue is they are powerless to do much. A public post released in July promised change is coming with negotiations between the producers here and 'HQ' to be finalised soon.

Post here: https://www.aiononline.com/en-us/news/aion-classic-producers-letter-july2022 

This is probably their last and final shot to fix things.

7 hours ago, Easycrow said:

I think they do read the forums. People certainly get banned for being too spicy lol. I suspect that the issue is they are powerless to do much. A public post released in July promised change is coming with negotiations between the producers here and 'HQ' to be finalised soon.

Post here: https://www.aiononline.com/en-us/news/aion-classic-producers-letter-july2022 

This is probably their last and final shot to fix things.

I think that some people are just tired of it already and bailed. I can't tell you how many people (even in NA) are waiting for Aion Classic EU or just going to AA and if that fails they've proclaimed to be done done with Aion. 

One thing is for sure, seems most do not want to help new or returning players level up and completing campaign quests. Finding groups is very difficult. So if any of you are truly concerned about player base dropping off, help some of the lower level returning or new players get up to speed so we stick around......next time you see some lower levels in LFG begging for help to get campaign quests done, help out. 

3 hours ago, Ocala-DN said:

One thing is for sure, seems most do not want to help new or returning players level up and completing campaign quests. Finding groups is very difficult. So if any of you are truly concerned about player base dropping off, help some of the lower level returning or new players get up to speed so we stick around......next time you see some lower levels in LFG begging for help to get campaign quests done, help out. 

The requirement for groups to complete campaign quests should be removed.

The purpose of campaign should be to tell a story line, and get a new player up to max level.

The group instances should be about working for good gear,  group PvP,  and general teamwork.

It's always been a design flaw in Aion, it assumes everyone is starting off at level one on a fresh server, and moving though the game at roughly the same time.

eg. Aethergenetics Lab, Azoturan Fortress, Theo Labs etc. should all be solo instances.

11 minutes ago, Cyfur said:

The purpose of campaign should be to tell a story line, and get a new player up to max level.

The group instances should be about working for good gear,  group PvP,  and general teamwork.

It's always been a design flaw in Aion, it assumes everyone is starting off at level one on a fresh server, and moving though the game at roughly the same time.

eg. Aethergenetics Lab, Azoturan Fortress, Theo Labs etc. should all be solo instances.

At this point in the game/population I tend to agree. While the experience was really good at the start of classic of running these instances, it's fallen off by the decline in new players. I helped a temp do the Eltnen prisoner quest yesterday just because it's easy for an SM to summon them back there and took 5 minutes of my time vs them trying to fight their way in solo and do it.

This is a waste of time, sadly. By the time they fix drops maybe even EU classic will be out lol.

Also, I strongly doubt that drop rates will bring people back at this point.

Being honest with you all, nothing can save this server anymore. We either enjoy what we have or quit. Population is not going to increase to reasonable MMO numbers again.

I can still have some fun, sometimes! Hahaha

This game is nothing but the mega whales and pay2wins left every single dredge and tiak is 99% geared officer premades.There is literally no point as a new or return person to even bother you will take forever too catch up let alone socket/chant your gear goodluck doing it legit with no quna or illegal kinah.

Players said they didnt want or like pay2win and lol that is exactly what this has become a 2nd time round.

Game is nothing but wallet warriors carried by gear, godstones,ap trades ,hacks and every other thing that doesnt get banned here because who cares as long as they pay a sub right.

10 hours ago, marikazan-KT said:

This game is nothing but the mega whales and pay2wins left every single dredge and tiak is 99% geared officer premades.There is literally no point as a new or return person to even bother you will take forever too catch up let alone socket/chant your gear goodluck doing it legit with no quna or illegal kinah.

Players said they didnt want or like pay2win and lol that is exactly what this has become a 2nd time round.

Game is nothing but wallet warriors carried by gear, godstones,ap trades ,hacks and every other thing that doesnt get banned here because who cares as long as they pay a sub right.

More like nothing but a bunch of crybabies that want instant gratification and rage quite or rant about being beat up by other players that out gear them. I am a returning player and it seems fine. Are there players that out gear me, sure, but they worked for it and put in the time. As I will and eventually get the gear I want as well.

2 hours ago, Ocala-DN said:

More like nothing but a bunch of crybabies that want instant gratification and rage quite or rant about being beat up by other players that out gear them. I am a returning player and it seems fine. Are there players that out gear me, sure, but they worked for it and put in the time. As I will and eventually get the gear I want as well.

Oh boy. Who wants to be the one to tell this guy how wrong he is? Hahahahaha. Good luck, man. You are going to need it. Literally going to need luck for every aspect of progression at this point. Luck not getting super geared premades (that alone is a hard LOL), luck finding manastones, luck socketing them (i'd love to see that with the top manastones costing 1m+ each), luck getting enchantment stones, and luck enchanting the pvp gear (this one is a bit funny too, you should try) that you will -eventually- get losing most of the PVPVE instances.

The only thing you will do fine with in this patch is Sapphire Medals. Don't get me wrong. As you said it yourself, you will get the gear you need/want, but it will take you DOUBLE the time of those that are already geared beating you up. And it shouldn't be that way. That is not a good way to attract new players. They will just leave when they realise that.

Now I don't blame the players for this, this is all on NCwest. They fked up making so that we have almost no new players coming in, and the ones that do get to play are going to be stuck for a loooooooooooong time getting beat upon.

On 8/4/2022 at 4:25 PM, Cyfur said:

We'll actually be getting some nice campaign and instance changes in a patch eventually. Over in Korea as of like 2.2 or so Steel Rake became a solo dungeon and it provides a full set of SR armor and a weap after only 3-5 runs if I recall correctly. When I leveled over there I had no issues soloing every campaign up to that point and once I hit DC level the reps made it extremely easy to hit 55. So hopefully we get the patch soon so that levelers have access to an easy decent starter set. 

3 hours ago, Techguy said:

Oh boy. Who wants to be the one to tell this guy how wrong he is? Hahahahaha. Good luck, man. You are going to need it. Literally going to need luck for every aspect of progression at this point. Luck not getting super geared premades (that alone is a hard LOL), luck finding manastones, luck socketing them (i'd love to see that with the top manastones costing 1m+ each), luck getting enchantment stones, and luck enchanting the pvp gear (this one is a bit funny too, you should try) that you will -eventually- get losing most of the PVPVE instances.

The only thing you will do fine with in this patch is Sapphire Medals. Don't get me wrong. As you said it yourself, you will get the gear you need/want, but it will take you DOUBLE the time of those that are already geared beating you up. And it shouldn't be that way. That is not a good way to attract new players. They will just leave when they realise that.

Now I don't blame the players for this, this is all on NCwest. They fked up making so that we have almost no new players coming in, and the ones that do get to play are going to be stuck for a loooooooooooong time getting beat upon.

Sooooo, all of this sounds exactly the same as the game was way back when it came out. Not sure what you expected, a totally revamped game?  I had no issues with the game back then, and I have no issues with it now for the most part. I am having fun playing it again, good stuff for me. I know players that left Aion classic for the same reason they left way back when, hated the random number generator (luck), hated being beat up by others with better gear, wanted things instantly......if you don't like the mechanics, why play and spread your negativity?  Seriously, all this crying on here gets soooo old. Go play something else.  One thing that keeps new players from coming on as well, is reading your cry baby posts, they dont read the good things, only the bad. No one speaks out about good things, only bad things. It is like working front line phone support somewhere, no one ever calls in to tell you how much they enjoy the service, only the angry people call in.  So please, pretty please with a fooking cherry on top, go cry on someone's shoulder and play a different game. :)

On 8/6/2022 at 5:57 PM, Ocala-DN said:

Sooooo, all of this sounds exactly the same as the game was way back when it came out. Not sure what you expected, a totally revamped game?  I had no issues with the game back then, and I have no issues with it now for the most part. I am having fun playing it again, good stuff for me. I know players that left Aion classic for the same reason they left way back when, hated the random number generator (luck), hated being beat up by others with better gear, wanted things instantly......if you don't like the mechanics, why play and spread your negativity?  Seriously, all this crying on here gets soooo old. Go play something else.  One thing that keeps new players from coming on as well, is reading your cry baby posts, they dont read the good things, only the bad. No one speaks out about good things, only bad things. It is like working front line phone support somewhere, no one ever calls in to tell you how much they enjoy the service, only the angry people call in.  So please, pretty please with a fooking cherry on top, go cry on someone's shoulder and play a different game. :)

They're complaining because there was a sudden drop rate nerf and manastone prices tripled. Seems reasonable.

Also, you're not 55 yet? Didn't you just post asking where to farm a stigma? Please tell us how your farming went.