Weekly Server Maintenance - June 6, 2023 [Aion]

Wissp

• Aion Team

Greetings Daevas!

Tomorrow we will be holding our regularly scheduled maintenance for Aion. Downtime will begin at 3:00 pm PDT / 10:00 pm UTC / 5:00 pm CDT and will conclude after approximately 3 hours 30 minutes.

Aion Maintenance Notes
The following changes will be coming to the game during this maintenance:

UPDATE: Dreams of Bloom Promotion NPC Abominabelle will be added for an additional week. (June 6 - June 13)
Dreams of Bloom Promotion event items will be removed on June 13. 

• Garden of Growth Begins
    • Event Duration: June 6 – June 27
  • Growth Bundle
    • The following items are coming to the Black Cloud Marketplace.
      • Garden of Growth Bonus Entry Scroll (100 BCC)
      • EXP Growth Bundle (960 BCC)
      • AP Growth Bundle (960 BCC)
      • Minion Growth Bundle (1700 BCC)
  • PvP Ranking Schedule Change
    • Starts at 14:00 / Ends at 13:00 (Server time: GMT-6)
    • New schedule starting July 4
      • PvP Rank: May 31 – June 28
      • Infinity Rank: June 22 – June 29
      • Glory Points : May 31 – June 28

Thank you!
The Aion Team

In the coming weeks and months, you can expect increased communication, regular updates, and a renewed focus on community engagement.

Still waiting on that btw, usually when you want to sell a rebranding you start strong with actually doing some work, building some good will, but NC "America" has reinvented the wheel again by not bothering to even put a minimum effort while asking people to give them an N-th chance. 2 weeks with this new CM without a single issue addressed and we are back to just maintenance notes once a week. This company is just beyond saving at this point.

Also you missed the part where Flower Bulbs event items are getting deleted tomorrow, but who cares right?

@Wisspit would be good if NC America actually update their website and tell us if there is anything new that drops from Garden of Growth. Also it would be good if you tell us what Infinity Rank is, assuming it's a mistranslation and supposed to be Crucible Spire rank?.

2 hours ago, Zappies-DN said:

Garden suelta monedas de evento que puedes gastar en Baron Shugo en medio de Gelk para los artículos enumerados. Algunas buenas ofertas!

It is not a big deal either, the number of coins is low. unless you buy BCM reset (before you had a chance to get it from the reset scroll inside the garden. Not anymore). You won't get the decent rewards because most of them are already outdated and there are better ways to get them. not to mention you can't wherehouse them... they also don't update the NPc years ago and we also don't get reset in the Bcm item free "Grade A Level 2-4 Minion Contract Box Key" and "Legendary Transformation Contract (10 types) Key" .

Now another topic about the change from "NCWest" to "NC America". Although it is said that it is to improve the gaming experience. It is rumored that it is due more to "economic" issues, you know what I mean (non-legal things). I personally don't believe those rumors but it's obvious we're not getting a "best gaming experience".
very difficult. but I hope the NC America team will show us that change and listen to us.

It's been radio silence - is there any chance of ever getting this event back? 

aPaynVJ.png

We used to get it every 6 months and haven't had it in a very long time.

And personally I think that on top of that there should be an event where it's even easier to get an ultimate contract as a reward; in game for free - not a BCM sale. And not as a 0.0125% chance from a box that has a 0.5% to drop from a bundle that has a 2% chance to be proc'd from a crafting recipe that takes 3 weeks of farming to try once.  It's crazy how 5 year old content is still locked behind months/years of grinding and rng. 

@Wissp Its now been a full week of silence....you said you would be monitoring forums and helping resolve issues,  i have 4600 coins that delete TODAY and i wasnt able to use them because you never readded the NPC to spend the coins,  mind you this was a PAY TO WIN event and you are DENYING us the ability to use the coins before set deletion date,   and we have given you plenty of notice that the NPC was gone and needed readded,  This is yet  another prime example of why people are leaving this great game because management doesn't care about its players.....  

I suggest you not delete this coins this maint and readd the NPC so players can actually use the coins  because like i said i have 4600 and i know tons of other people who have unused coins as well

Do Better 

xTrinityStarx

5 hours ago, Lad-DN said:

And personally I think that on top of that there should be an event where it's even easier to get an ultimate contract as a reward; in game for free - not a BCM sale. And not as a 0.0125% chance from a box that has a 0.5% to drop from a bundle that has a 2% chance to be proc'd from a crafting recipe that takes 3 weeks of farming to try once.  It's crazy how 5 year old content is still locked behind months/years of grinding and rng. 

@Wissp Can we please get an event that actually gives a reasonably chance of giving the new ultimate transformations? Not the crap 1 in a million chance the previous events seem to have had!

Details are also up for the garden growth. Apart from xp there is almost 0 incentive to participate for established accounts unless the rewards from the event coin npc are being updated.

Guess its time for more afk farming.....

Everyone crying about the NPC being removed, wasn't it removed on the 30th when the event was said to end, or did it get removed before the 30th? Bold letters said it was until 30th and also said to use them before that end date. I know NC drops the ball 98% of the time, but this one isn't their fault people didn't read.

As for Wissp going radio silence, i'm not surprised. Didn't even last a month. 

qq.png

Edited by GenericUser44244

@Wissp

Hello,

Please notify the team they need to fix the [Event] Stigma Enchantment Stone (7 days) at the Baron Baroca NPC in Gelkmaros. It is charging players the [Event] Doguri's Coin Pounch currency from the last event we had instead of [Event] Event Coin that the items need. 

JsBfgh7.png

TQA8Q5e.png

ldqIV88.png

On 6/6/2023 at 9:10 PM, xTrinityStarx said:

@Wissp Its now been a full week of silence....you said you would be monitoring forums and helping resolve issues,  i have 4600 coins that delete TODAY and i wasnt able to use them because you never readded the NPC to spend the coins,  mind you this was a PAY TO WIN event and you are DENYING us the ability to use the coins before set deletion date,   and we have given you plenty of notice that the NPC was gone and needed readded,  This is yet  another prime example of why people are leaving this great game because management doesn't care about its players.....  

I suggest you not delete this coins this maint and readd the NPC so players can actually use the coins  because like i said i have 4600 and i know tons of other people who have unused coins as well

Do Better

xTrinityStarx

I purchased 2 prestige from broker to also get me a lot of flowers. I made the mistake to not open them the last day thinking the NPC would be there, I had a ton of event items that I wanted to use after the event was over and I found time to gather all the bulbs and open them.

They need to re-instate the event items and the npc one more week for us to use them.

1 hour ago, Arhangelos said:

I purchased 2 prestige from broker to also get me a lot of flowers. I made the mistake to not open them the last day thinking the NPC would be there, I had a ton of event items that I wanted to use after the event was over and I found time to gather all the bulbs and open them.

They need to re-instate the event items and the npc one more week for us to use them.

They did, go exchange them.

UPDATE: Dreams of Bloom Promotion NPC Abominabelle will be added for an additional week. (June 6 - June 13)
Dreams of Bloom Promotion event items will be removed on June 13. 

9 hours ago, Squid said:

image.png

Do you know that the bundles seem to be cheaper for asmo than elyos? It adds up(unsure if people are buying all the scrolls tho but yea).

@Squid the higher prices are most likely due to the higher influence ratio that elyos have atm, which is increasing your prices to 115% compared to the asmo's prices being at 85%.  check your influence ratio down by your menu icon.

2 hours ago, Taggz said:

@Squid the higher prices are most likely due to the higher influence ratio that elyos have atm, which is increasing your prices to 115% compared to the asmo's prices being at 85%.  check your influence ratio down by your menu icon.

Ahh ok then thanks that makes sense then.

7 hours ago, One said:

@Wissp So it's been two weeks. All i can say either shut down the game or make things better. And stop lying. 

I do not think a CM can make anything better in-game, They can communicate with us better but that is about all. It does not feel like Wissp has improved on previous CMs thus far that is for sure.

17 hours ago, GenericUser9313 said:

There is next to no motivation for them to make our gaming experience better. Considering our population, the cash shop is doing remarkably well, maybe too well. Everyone, including myself, needs to boycott the cash shop until things change.

Boycotting does not add motivation it adds no reason for them to continue the game, In-fact the less $'s that come in the more likely it is for them to just shut down a 13+ year old game in the region. This is the problem, Then you can see with T&L beta NCsofts only goal is to replicate their mobile success. 

Take BDO for example: It started out like Aion 5.0 during its worst time with gear blowing up and mostly a pay2win version of the game. Now BDO's current version is like NA Aion 4.0 where playing 1 character meant you could completely gear up your character to a competitive state in a reasonable amount of time w/o having to play more than 1 character if you wish.

All this happened because the players themselves did not boycott but rather had an in-game protest in one of the main cities across all regions, KR/EU/NA all had players standing in towns for hours it caused server issues having that many people in the same channel same location but players persevered and now they have an amazing version of the game that even new f2p players go OMG this game you do not have to spend a dime on and i am competing in high end grind spot locations.

Unlike Aion's community everyone came together in BDO, The cheaters/The pilots/The non spenders/The massive spenders/The E-peen warriors and the list goes on as the larger majority of BDO's community came together to protest the direction of the game.

I have always said Aion suffers from 2 things, Lack of playable features on a single character and lack of cash shop options. If some wants to whale and get every single ultimate that is fine but there should be reasonable play-able content to get the same thing. Not wait around to get enough freebies for doing the bare minimum every week like doing only your battle pass. That is not a winning gameplay feature people will quit before they even get to their first one.

ASPA is genuinely the best map design since 4.0(not eb online times), The problem is the rewards for participating on the map pale in comparison. That map can fix every single issue in Aion by having choice rewards for the camp quests. Doing bloodmarks got you 

1. Competitive gear
  2. Ancient coins
  3. Enchantment stones
  4. Mythiic supps
  5. Vibrant PvP 

Mega spenders/F2P/Undergeared/geared players all traversed those maps and changed the entire dynamic of gameplay and by the end of the week if you played a single character you would end up with the exact same reward as any other person that played a single character on the map be it you spent 40 hours PvPing that week OR spent 2 hours quickly smashing out the quests then worked the rest of the week.

That is a winning formula. Either way no one will boycott because the moment something good comes up for sale the first thing spenders think is WHAT IF this is the turn around stage i need to be ready for it.

• Roseae unpinned this topic