Forums

Which leveling era you perfer most

Neleth-KT

I only play since 3.0 til now so I know nothing about any era leveling before that so pardon me :P

3.0 is mostly related to full pve only no pvp required we could leveling in raksang and farm kahrun it was a good time at least I feel my leveling wasn't useless when I'm 60

4.0 the beloved patch by most people I don't like it as much as 3.0 it forced to go out and pvp with people and farm camps weekly,please note on NA lv64-65 required double exp don't know reason for this.still leveling wasn't too stressing and farm BM which u can use it to buy accessories and basic gears.

5.0 the worst patch ever I remembered we're welcome to 5.0 by one plastic surgery ticket per one account while EU got free for every char.Leveling is nothing fun nothing rewarded all you just got tiny exp 1-2% per day was considered good enough

I prefer 3.0 most leveling is fun you can easily hit level cap and enjoy endgame content at fullest the primal spirit gears is same equally stats as kahrun gears.

What about you guys share experience :)

Yea 5.0 is definitely the worst simply because of the long grind to get 75. It would have been better to make 75 like 4-5 times less xp to get to (as if we had 400%/500% buff) and have us grind for more essence instead. I do like 5.0 content, and itll be nice when they add camps to norsvold/illuma but the xp is just too much based on the entries for pve we have.

I think exp requirement for level 71 and below needs to be significantly raised. People are leveling far too quickly for the content out there, and gear are always falling behind from their level gains.

Restore level cap back to the original 99. Keep the exp chart for level 72-99 as is.

One time campaign quests need to have rewards revamped to be endgame revelant.

Remove all level-based penalities such as attacking higher level monsters. Buff all low level mobs.

Remove all passive magic resist chance against higher level targets, particularly in PvP.

Disable all 75+ elemental transforms in PvP instances.

Allow unlimited level reductions on high level gears. The higher the reduction amount the lower success chance should be.

1 hour ago, mooMOOMooMoomoo-KT said:

I think exp requirement for level 71 and below needs to be significantly raised. People are leveling far too quickly for the content out there, and gear are always falling behind from their level gains. (1)

Restore level cap back to the original 99. Keep the exp chart for level 72-99 as is. (2)

One time campaign quests need to have rewards revamped to be endgame revelant. (3)

Remove all level-based penalities such as attacking higher level monsters. Buff all low level mobs. (4)

Remove all passive magic resist chance against higher level targets, particularly in PvP. (5)

Disable all 75+ elemental transforms in PvP instances. (6)

Allow unlimited level reductions on high level gears. The higher the reduction amount the lower success chance should be. (7)

I agree with 3 and 6.

Regarding (1), there are few actual new players as it is, I agree that they level too quickly but slowing them down will completely kill any new players or re-rolls, or anyone levelling an alt.  In the same spirit, the game needs less grind, not more- and it is grind, there is very little other than the same repetitive means to level. Thus, (2) is the opposite of what I would ask for - the experience chart should be decreased from 74 up.

With respect to (4), this has been at least partially implemented, and with 7 I see that you're decreasing the chance as the limit increase but I don't have an issue with the current limits.

The 4.0 era wasnt that better either. There were sections in which you got stuck if you didnt spam Coin quests. It was easy for first time players, but people who had already finished all quests (like myself) it was annoying.

There was also the Theobomos/Brusthonin section, after 4.7 up to 4.9 you were forced to spam Theobomos Lab and/or Adma Stronghold. I appreciate that nowadays you can just fill those gaps with Luna instances.

And nyerking Katalam. Dont get me started on it. I was lucky I got to 65 by questing in Sarpan and Tiamaranta.

As for 5.0, honestly, the path to 75 is not as bad as people make it seem. At 5.0, it was impossible unless you farmed 24/7, but you were not really supposed to get it at that time. You were fine at 70, 72 if you wanted to push more.

Then 5.1 happened and that made it "actually possible" with the implementation of FoO. Now though, people abused this instance a bit too much. But I suppose the Elemental Transformations are worth it.

5.3 and 5.5 were the patches that made it rather easy. Still requires some grind, but this is far the most generous XP grind era. My Gunner, created shortly after 5.6, is level 72. If I had spammed Kumuki Cave and FoO on it, as well as other activities, instead of just Luna-ing, he would be 74. 

After reading the above, I look back and realize that levelling was far less painful when Aion first released. I don't understand how people compare the present grind to 2009, we had the option of all of the quests plus instances to level,  getting to cap  really wasn't anywhere nearly as painful (nor potentially costly) as the current grind to 73-75.

The first time I played Aion the top lvl was 55, so prob was version 2.something. But was on a pirate server and so few time so does not count. I restarted some time later on NA servers and was in version 3. So my experience is from that point. 

IMO, version 3 was the best one to level up. 

we had to learn how to play. we had fun on every map and all the way to the max level was important. We had to explore every new map and all the new instances were a challenge to face. We required to learn how to play in a group in Eltnen and Heiron (I always played as Elyo). Even the campaings after some point required to search for a team with oter players at the same level and took days to complete. The campaing in Heiron was really hard at that point and gave us a lot of experience (not only about levels, also using our class). We had so many stages and we needed to collect new gear for every new map. The events were really small and we had to play a lot and grind for every gear. Everything was usefull. From the materials to craft even at low level (I crafted some gear for my alts with titaniun or adamantium and was nice). Collecting materials in every map we were and selling them was a nice source of kinah at lower levels. I learned so much from players that wasn´t yet at top level. And finally reaching tiamaranta and joining all the big ones was really nice. (remember that on that time we had level and quest restrictions for a lot of maps) 

As you said, PvP wasn´t required to level up, but still was one of the best ages in PvP. we had so much of it and in a wide variety. Arenas and dredgions started at lvl 46 and a lot of players started with that cause the AP and crucibles were really usefull. We had a lot of players for every stage in the arenas and dreds (C-dred , O-dred, T-dred). Coliseum gear was the easier to get for PvP and all the people wanted it. We had the rifts in normal server and a lot of players started with the open world PvP at lvl 30 just to get some AP. And thanks to the fast track, the people who wanted to level up, wasn´t involved on that. Sieges were really important. Now we only have 3 fortress for sieges (nobody cares about the others), but on that time all the fortresses were something. The low level players made alliances to conquer low abyss after lvl 30. Fortress in inggisson became important after lvl 50 cause we needed to do beshmundir temple and esoterrace. Upper abyss became important after that too. those barracks gave something and the legions wanted to conquer them to gain popularity. After reaching tiamaranta we started joining the "hearts" to be able to do TS, Satra and the quest on the eye. locking the other faction was really funny to have some easy time there collecting things. Finally Divine fortress was a weekly task for everyone. UAS was a great instance at top level to get those helms, AP, legion coins for our mounts and wings and the supps to get kinah. Every fortress was important. And finally we had so much open world and funny PvP. the eye of tiamaranta, Sarpan and Tiamaranta on the night time. 

So many memories....

3.0 and not even close. Best patch for me is 3.0 too. Loved the zones (sarpan and tiamaranta) and the group instances were fun (Raksang, Rentus, TS). You didn't need to be geared to the teeth to run this instances either, just be okay-ish on the class you're playing. You want some AP and excitement while leveling? go to Tia's Eye and do quests or kill mobs for the loot, while being wary of your surroundings or you might get gank. Overall I miss 3.0, but it is what it is, we can't go back into the past.

Archived