Cradle of Eternity Ranger Guide ?

Altoencocaina-DN

Hello, I have a friend who is a level 71 ranger, I started bringing him on my COE runs but at the eye boss he dies repeatedly.  He wears full 75 AP Gear which i thought would be more than efficient for a ranger at that boss.  Anyways he's working on an Apollon set and is thinking about putting HP stones in it.  Now I have a low level ranger myself and was under the impression that Ranger's main duty in a dungeon was just to DPS as hard as possible, so would Apollon Gear with like power/precision work just fine? According to him a Ranger needs to have 20k HP in COE to survive that boss..... is this correct ?, can someone confirm? is there a Ranger guide for this dungeon out there ? any advice would be useful :-)

Thanks

Wearing PvP gear for PvE is rarely the best idea. PvE gear has both PvE defense and enmity reduction. Both of these will help him survive. PvP gear will have lesser stats, too.

A ranger shouldn't be putting hp stones in anything. You are correct. They are dps and should slot dps stones. He should be getting to 20k HP by +15 that Apollon set. If he needs more HP while he finishes the enchanting, he can always put some essence points in Health. 

Two things that may help him survive, aside from getting a real PvE set. First, make sure that he has essence points in PvE defense. Second, don't stand in the sh#t. When the floor lights up, move. Be max distance. Avoid the damage rather than standing still and trying to tank it. 

Aly has a lot of great suggestions. Also, while he is working on his PVE gear, you might try to grab a (good/decent) chanter to run with you guys. That way, your ranger friend will get Blessing of Stone (thus raising his HP) and the chanter can throw down a shield each time the four corner eyes pop up to help him/all of you survive that part.

ooh Hell NO!!  blame that lazy ass cleric mah dude    #RangerPride

Now serious, with Candy + Atk/HP food + Cleric Buff + NPC Buff + Breath of nature, reaching 19-20k hp should be easy, plus this things Administrator's Boon IV - 1 Hour to avoid soul sickness are really cheap and apart from Power & Precision Manastones, socketing camposite manastones Attack/HP in a few slots isn't a bad choice.

I think is more a thing of positioning and awareness, you can avoid the stright line attack paying attention to targets, the circle AoE is really easy to avoid, if he is constant movement and Slide Shooting you can avoid the floor damage, pay attetion to eyes spawn coz if you are squishy with only one healer in the group with out PvE defence and get the aggro from 1 or 2 eyes you probably are going to die :P.  Maybe he doesn't have all the animations enabled ?

I don't think the cleric was being lazy at all, i was there and my friend was pretty much getting one-shotted, you say to bring a chanter but when we get high level enough to do 3 boss runs, doesn't that mean we have to bring 2 clerics? won't that mean that then we won't be able to get pass the eye boss without a chanter ? and what is Sldie shooting ?

46 minutes ago, Altoencocaina-DN said:

you say to bring a chanter but when we get high level enough to do 3 boss runs, doesn't that mean we have to bring 2 clerics? won't that mean that then we won't be able to get pass the eye boss without a chanter ?

It depends on your cleric. I run 3-boss with my legion often and I have supported (on my 74 chanter) our one (level 75) cleric without issue. A friend of mine is a level 71 cleric, but also very good and can be supported just by me on my chanter without much problems. Again, it just depends on the cleric.

Regarding the eye boss, my recommendation to bring a chanter was based on the fact that your ranger is getting one-shotted and does not have PVE gear yet or high enough HP. Once he has proper PVE gear and higher HP (from both the gear and leveling up), he should be fine.

Just now, Altoencocaina-DN said:

Terra skin? is that a ranger self shield ?

No. That's an elemental form you can get with essence. It's the sub-75 version.

47 minutes ago, Altoencocaina-DN said:

I don't think the cleric was being lazy at all, i was there and my friend was pretty much getting one-shotted, you say to bring a chanter but when we get high level enough to do 3 boss runs, doesn't that mean we have to bring 2 clerics? won't that mean that then we won't be able to get pass the eye boss without a chanter ? and what is Sldie shooting ?

No. The third boss can easily be done with one cleric and a chanter or songweaver or dps cleric off-healing. The eye boss does not need a chanter or any off-healer, but your group might if you are going to take someone that is being one-shot.

Though I honestly think your friend's issues are stemming from using PvP gear, having his essences used incorrectly and him not moving out of the glowy stuff on the floor. 

While PvE defence helps a lot is not mandatory to do a 2Boss run, you can do it with an Archdaeva Danuar set without much troubles, set wich Stat wise is worst than a 75 AP set 

Comparison Danuar set vs 75 AP set  the thing that gets overlooked sometimes is the importance of Negative Enemity Boost wich AP sets have none.

24 minutes ago, Altoencocaina-DN said:

Terra skin? is that a ranger self shield ?

Transformation: Vessel of Earth  usually called Terra Skin it's a broken skill wich reduces immensely the amount of damage taken.

1 hour ago, Altoencocaina-DN said:

and what is Sldie shooting ?

it's a technique to improve movility while using skills, check  Mufflerman-Slideshot Tutorial

Check some  tips here: 

Ranger builds

Assasin Guide by @Mempo-KT   can be really usefull for rangers too, i learned a few things from there :D 

My two cents on the matter:

Try not to get first hit on those 4 little "eyes" that spawn when the boss gets a shield on and "THE FLOOR IS LAVA"xD. In my experience, that is the very reason you may be one-shot. I did that boss on my sorc lvl 70 with only 13k HP wearing full AoE set +0, and I didnt die at all.

PvE defense is not important either. The Harvester's set, which is the best of the best, only give about 16-18% pve defense. So, instead of getting hit for 10k, the damage will be reduced to 8200ish. Wich may seem like a lot, but really isnt. As for the enmity reduction, rangers nowadays don't pull high enough dps to steal aggro from whoever is tanking. Even if they do, a cleric should be able to outheal the damage taken with no problem. If you manage to die 2-3 times, that alright. Don't worry about it.

A 75 AP set is more than enough to beat the instance. In fact, it is good for any pve instance. Just need to +15 it, and you're set for life. I've done 3 boss runs as an assassin wearing 65AP set and had no issues whatsoever.

It all depends on you. Stay alert, look out for big damage skills coming from the boss and try to avoid them. Also, use your HP leeching abilities. They help a lot. And don't forget about potions/serums to make your cleric's life a teeny tiny bit easier.

Cheers!

I've done that boss on a 70-71 ranger... and also seen a 25k hp cleric get 1 shot just from bad rng of all 4 eyes turning at once towards them.

See if there's a difference just having your friend move 5m away from the corner. teh chanter doesn't really need to be in party, just have a friend/legion member buff all of you before going in.

Archived