Rewards - Frozen Magic Event

LadySparks-KT

I have 3 accounts and I was looking what I could get with more than 100 snowballs for each account.

Well I'm very much disappointed me being so very unlucky!

This is what I got from all three my accounts with 100/130 snowballs:

- From 93 to 120 snowflake crystals.

- Lots of snow bundles which were giving me more snowflake crystals and golden wing marks

- I ended up with 3 icy shards and 3 +9 snowballs which gave me 3 noble melted bundles and just getting more snowflakes and golden wing marks! I discarded the icy shards and sold the golden wing marks. :(

Okay is it possible that on all my three accounts I was so unlucky to get "nothing"?

I know it's all free but I wished I used my time in a better way, from now on I won't be participating in this event.

I know nobody cares what I say but I needed to went it out.

-

I agree. I have gotten lucky enough to get a handful of +10s, but half of those have given me shiny or normal enchantment stones. The troll value is just so high.

Not sure why they changed the bloodmedals from last year to the golden wing marks, but it wasn't a positive change. Bloodmedals are something everyone can use since you can buy tons of things with them on your landing. Wing Marks are really only for the undergeared. The market is flooded with them now making them worth next to nothing.

I stopped opening snowballs and just started selling them around day 4 of this event. It's a shame that NCsoft nerfed the RNG rate so severely, but it's unsurprising. Lots of people are sad that this once great event has become so unfortunate. Ah well, onward and upward to the next thing. :)

Saved up around 1100 snowballs from the past two weeks.

From the first week, only 7 made it to +10. This week, there were 19 <+10 snowballs>. From that I got:

3 crafting charms

4 thunder dragon king skins

10 enchantment stones

30 berdin's stars

1 essence core

1 major felicitous socketing box

4 omegas

6 tempering solutions

2 stigma stacks

2 solorius weapon boxes

The first week, though, all I got was a single tempering solution... Out of the dozens and dozens of noble melted bundles from  failed enchantments, I actually got an omega. The rest was crap.

Nothing has dropped from any instance, still. Is every group I'm in cursed? I kinda gave up on the first week running instances for snowballs, tbh. Can't complain since all I did was log in and afk for two weeks to get these, but from what I can tell anyone buying them outright might be a little pissed.

Hello and happy new year to all of you.

I managed to get 17 +10 Snowballs from around 780 +1 Snowballs with my Elyos.The Asmo account was really much more successful and I've got 8 +10 Snowballs from 260 +1 Snowballs.I've opened the first three +10 Snowballs on my Elyos and they gave me 3 Shining enchantment stones in a row :),so I was really scared because as you know these cost nothing at all.

By the way,I am not sure if it's true or not,but I always tend to use event gifts or chain items (like the snowballs) with full (4k) DP filled,but it's really better to sell them,unless you feel/are super lucky of course.

24 minutes ago, GlutenFree-DN said:

Nothing has dropped from any instance, still. Is every group I'm in cursed? I kinda gave up on the first week running instances for snowballs, tbh. Can't complain since all I did was log in and afk for two weeks to get these, but from what I can tell anyone buying them outright might be a little pissed.

as here ppl are really quick to make posts complaining and i didn't see anyone doing it, I thought i was the only one lmao, i have done like 25 instances during the event time and i didn't get even a single snowball, and I felt really discouraged because o that, for sure i would have been a lot more active with some snowballs drops here and there.

i guess everybody is afk and nobody cares?

28 minutes ago, DevilNest-KT said:

as here ppl are really quick to make posts complaining and i didn't see anyone doing it, I thought i was the only one lmao

A few of us were like "hey... :(" the first couple of days, but honestly, it's another unsurprising glitch that we're all pretty used to having in this game. So it's not worth the big vocal forum complaints, ESPECIALLY since the snowballs give crap anyway. One more +1 snowball is worth next to nothing.

48 minutes ago, Vantheria-DN said:

A few of us were like "hey... :(" the first couple of days, but honestly, it's another unsurprising glitch that we're all pretty used to having in this game. So it's not worth the big vocal forum complaints, ESPECIALLY since the snowballs give crap anyway. One more +1 snowball is worth next to nothing.

well yeah, i tried to open a few hundreds without any success...
 but hey Linkgate foundry is in the instance list and i have multiple accounts that means for me like 30 snowballs extra per day, doing 1 key runs take little to no time to do, plus you get 30 to 70 AC per run thats a bit of extra income :P

I collected many snowballs this time, but I did not started opening mines after +9. I was thinking about how were the rewards rates from +10 snowballs. In previous years we only had like 8 or 10 options in the rewards and the rates for all of them were in some way similar, and most of the rewards were nice and expensive. So our chances to get gear or expensive items from there was relly high making the event really nice for most of us. 

But in the last days I saw the prices for all the snowballs going down a lot. So I was thinking that maybe the rates now are not the same. I wanted to get some information or even statistics about the rates, to decide if i will open mines at the end, sell them or keep them (maybe to keep them a year just in case the next time the rewards are really nice). 

To this point reading this thread it seems that they nerfed so much the rewards (actually the rates of them). Do this situation is similar to everybody or the people comenting here just had a terrible luck?

5 hours ago, Azzmaria-KT said:

To this point reading this thread it seems that they nerfed so much the rewards (actually the rates of them). Do this situation is similar to everybody or the people commenting here just had a terrible luck?

The rates for +9 > +10 seem pretty abysmal this time overall, which is a pity when you consider that getting something that compensates for the 90~100m gamble that is opening a +10 snowball (read: breaking even) seems already a challenge by itself.

It doesn't bother me as much since I just sell my +9s and make some sort of income that way, but in comparison to the past versions of this event they should just rename this incarnation to Molten Magic Event and omit it from next year's event rotation altogether.

Yeah, the rates are horrendous this year. Granted, I don't run instances for event goodies anymore because I've always had rotten luck, but I have been logging in each day since the event started and I am really struggling to even get my snowballs to +9. I have to say, this is the third or fourth event in a row that has disappointed me greatly, especially when compared to how well I did the last time they ran.

The rates to get better snowballs is lower than in the past. In the past you needed like 13.5 snowballs +1 to get 1 snowball +9 and like 40-45 +1 to get one +10. Now we need more snowballs +1 to get those. Like 50% more. But The content from the +10 is wha I really would like to know. In previous years we had 8 rewards. 3 of them used to be gear (weapon, armor, wings). we also had temperings, omega, felicitous. And the last too were the cheap ones and used to be a random godstone and something else. Even when both cheap options had a bigger rate than the others, we still had like 25-30% chances to get gear. So it was fair enought. We also received some omegas and temperings from some broken snowballs and the medals were really great. GWM  aren´t the same, but ok.  I guess we can use them to get some gear for our toons. 

But the prices are going down really fast even when the list includes so many great and expensive rewards. Also it seems than so few people want to buy +9 or +10. So, more or less, how low are our chances to get 1 harvester item from a +10? What about a manastone +11 or the thunder dragon skin? From the 20 possible options in the list, those 7 combined have at least  a 25% rate or is more similar than the trees event (where was easier to get a wing collecting 1500 seeds than using boxes) ?

Archived