Primal Spirit Hats

Vocifera-DN

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

don't get me wrong guys, I love those hat series just as much (and I don't have one and I wish I did), but don't you think it will be Dream Fairie's Costume all over again? Like, first day every SW and Cleric with same skins, and then..... after a week nobody use it any more. Have my own costume on luna warehouse... beautiful skins get forgotten if people overuse it (for example red riding hood one of best skins..) ... I think this is exactly what would happen to these hats if they came out.

The people that want those helms think they're beautiful regardless of whether or not everyone and their mother has it.

Rarity doesn't determine beauty; if everyone rocks them for a week and then forgets about them, so be it, but at least we'd have access to them.

Right now, we can't even decide whether or not they're over-hyped because we can't get them anymore.

31 minutes ago, Heat-KT said:

don't get me wrong guys, I love those hat series just as much (and I don't have one and I wish I did), but don't you think it will be Dream Fairie's Costume all over again? Like, first day every SW and Cleric with same skins, and then..... after a week nobody use it any more. Have my own costume on luna warehouse... beautiful skins get forgotten if people overuse it (for example red riding hood one of best skins..) ... I think this is exactly what would happen to these hats if they came out.

I agree to a certain degree with you. However, I believe we have to pay attention to something else.

Skin items can be four different things:

• Overused and/or too common: Skins crafted from Luna, Red Riding Hood and Wolf.
  • Reasonably challenging: The TS Hats, Boundless armour, the Crucible Insignia costumes.
  • Too difficult to obtain: Ancient Spirit's Hats, Siel's Supreme weapons, Denku set.
  • Completely unattainable: Kroban set, Fabled Kahrun's Coin set, most Costume Rotation unique skins.

You can get the Ancient Spirit's hats, but it is just too hard. You have to run SAM, which for that you need the Aetheric field Pieces, which are rare to get because no one farms in the level 65 areas anymore. You have to get A or S rank each time, and that instance has it harder on certain classes. You have to be lucky enough to get the hats instead of armour. And, it becomes almost impossible if you want a hat from another class (they are untradeable and 1-time use).

The TS hats are a whole different story. Those are very doable, and frankly, I want them to stay that way. You only need to do TS everyday for two weeks. Less if you squish every single mob that spawns.

I, personally, would prefer a common skin over on that is just too hard to get or a completely impossible one.

On 2018-03-26 at 8:09 PM, Bryos-DN said:

You can get the Ancient Spirit's hats, but it is just too hard. You have to run SAM, which for that you need the Aetheric field Pieces, which are rare to get because no one farms in the level 65 areas anymore.

Your reasoning about hats is slightly wrong . Aetheric field pieces are more than often cheap on broker, but problem with hats is that you can only get your class, and girls are crazy about leather one :D I have a few cloth hats myself but they simply suck. But ya those need to be from pre 4.8

BTW I had that leather hat on EU and just saying- it interferes ugly with the new hair (long n straight and ponytails)

On 3/27/2018 at 6:09 AM, Bryos-DN said:

The TS hats are a whole different story. Those are very doable, and frankly, I want them to stay that way. You only need to do TS everyday for two weeks. Less if you squish every single mob that spawns.

TS hat quest is one time only.. and unless bugged, I'm assuming only available to characters not Archdaeva as the quest wont update on the only toon I've yet to complete it on.

And, so what if it is a one-time quest? You can transfer the appearance of those skins freely.

As for the quest being bugged, I havent experienced it. I have completed the quest in three occasions, and I also have a legion mate on it right at the moment, and she hasnt mentioned it. Are you killing the correct mobs?

17 hours ago, Bryos-DN said:

And, so what if it is a one-time quest? You can transfer the appearance of those skins freely.

As for the quest being bugged, I havent experienced it. I have completed the quest in three occasions, and I also have a legion mate on it right at the moment, and she hasnt mentioned it. Are you killing the correct mobs?

Ariana won't continue the quests for me. After completing the Breaking Through repeat it said something like "cannot attain quest" as though my quest log was full, but isn't.
Another toon I don't think has even entered TS before, wasn't able to get any quests from her, and only a spy quest outside the instance was available.
Have they changed where/how you get the hat quest from? Honestly, haven't completed it since Tiamaranta was still around :/

The quest is picked up from Ariana herself, directly. No prequests. But make sure it is the first Ariana (the one at the very start), not the one after you defeat Shabokan. The quest is also a standard one, so you need to make sure the option in the Options window to "Display Low Level Quests".

And dont pay attention to that message. Happens whenever you complete certain repeatable quests. As for not getting the quests, remember that it is the first Ariana that gives it. The second one doesnt.

Archived