Chanter stigma planning for 6.0

Neleth-KT

Hi this is all based on assumptions I made from rumors,parts of news,update and guesses

This is my prediction

Check this for details https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vTyx2VlKmk3ntaEIzOFJTkHLs5mcB7uI2AvFaNRjRwh3Z-ugvQJ8t0k5w-6WSD1nrBfE9RnCYD174aM/pub

-I assuming you should be able to get both version A and B of new skills,so version A is heal 9k instantly + dispel every 3 sec single target,version B is aoe heal you about 15k.by this I assuming  you heal AoE mainly and switch to dispel heal sometimes,healing burst is healing about 4k which made this stigma useless during cast time 2 sec and heal amount I think they trying to get chanter to dps and support in the same time because removing of rage spell.WoP now duration is 1 min but I'm not sure how 100 eva 100 parry 100 block going to work but stun resist 250 seems help so I think new stigma for support should WoP,Blessing Stone,ES (goodbye cast mace and cast gloves the max cast time 1 sec,assuming u don't use healing light at all)

note -forgot to check shield mantra it seems it buff 400ish of block eva and parry and deletion of hp mantra so I think WoP going to be important stigma.

-For DPS stigma I assuming there won't be weaving as chanter at all because decrease cd of  main dps skills,I assuming blessing of wind going to important stigma since duration is up to 1 min.Chain Crushed version A and B,First B low dmg  but repeatable twice and version B stronger and AoE.If my assuming is right I think version A is going to stronger than B because skill dmg + ur dmg so in this case version A going to be stronger.Word of Life is buffed I think good but shouldn't be need if u can get recovery spell version B,so I think green stigma should be leap flash(1sec cast time now),soul lock(no longer condition) and annihilation.

I don't know if new instances in 6.0 going to need AoE heals or Dispel tank but I think we should leave dispel job to clerics send out aoe heal when needs (u can aoe heal and keep dps without switching target),however it's just guesses :/

On 02/02/2018 at 4:09 AM, Neleth-KT said:

Hi this is all based on assumptions I made from rumors,parts of news,update and guesses

This is my prediction

Check this for details https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vTyx2VlKmk3ntaEIzOFJTkHLs5mcB7uI2AvFaNRjRwh3Z-ugvQJ8t0k5w-6WSD1nrBfE9RnCYD174aM/pub

-I assuming you should be able to get both version A and B of new skills,so version A is heal 9k instantly + dispel every 3 sec single target,version B is aoe heal you about 15k.by this I assuming  you heal AoE mainly and switch to dispel heal sometimes,healing burst is healing about 4k which made this stigma useless during cast time 2 sec and heal amount I think they trying to get chanter to dps and support in the same time because removing of rage spell.

Thats chanter's main role since 4.0
Again, a good chanter DONT.HAVE.TO. stand by helping clerics with its ~ almost ~ useless heals. The chanter's role is to provide DPS, buffs and ress dead party members. You can help with some heals in critical scenarios, but not all the time.

for PVP i'd go all day every day with the dispel. You can save your cleric from a Fear Shriek with this skill because the dispel have some delay on it.

AoE heal maybe for PVE. But don't forget Word of Life was greatly buffed, more than tripled its healing effects.

Word of Protection was heavily nerfed. They descreased its Stun Resist to 250 (was 500 before) so not sure if i'm sticking with WoP anymore. Its sad because I used to love this skill.

Blessing of Wind decame a MUST have.+12% Physical Power in a min. duration

Numbing Blow is now ranged, and since Promise of Earth was heavily nerfed too, I can see some use on it now.

the rest remains the same for me.

• 3 weeks later...

i thought we where getting both the new heals i didnt think we would have to choose between them and i didnt think they would replace any of our current heals then again we dont really know and wont until the patch but heres to hoping we just get 2 new heals and not have to choose or replace any current heals Recovery spell and Healing burst are vital in being a healing based chanter and while not allot of us main a healing chanter healing chanters are seriously under rated you have no idea how good a full heal build chanter is i can main heal AOE with a little support but even clerics get support here and there

On 3/2/2018 at 2:47 PM, Nadiko-DN said:

i thought we where getting both the new heals i didnt think we would have to choose between them and i didnt think they would replace any of our current heals then again we dont really know and wont until the patch but heres to hoping we just get 2 new heals and not have to choose or replace any current heals Recovery spell and Healing burst are vital in being a healing based chanter and while not allot of us main a healing chanter healing chanters are seriously under rated you have no idea how good a full heal build chanter is i can main heal AOE with a little support but even clerics get support here and there

You will have to choose between the two heals. Basically, how the new skill system works for all classes is that 3 existing skills that we currently have (for example, recovery spell, inescapable judgment, and chained crush) are replaceable, and you have 2 other new skills to choose from to replace each of those 3 skills.

So basically you can replace recovery spell with 1 of the 2 new green skills (AKA the two healing skills); you can replace inescapable judgement with 1 of the 2 new blue skills; and you can replace chained crush with 1 of the 2 new orange skills.

Also, I'd argue that healing chanters are (or at least were) extremely overrated; for the past 2+ years, full-healing chanters were the norm despite how inefficient it was the moment Aion 4.8 came out. We are decent burst healers, but we are terrible long-term healers. I hope nobody discriminates against you for full-healing in laughably easy, almost non-competitive instances like AOE, but for the competitive player, I really think being a tunnel-vision chanter - whether it's full healing or full DPSing - doesn't cut it anymore in today's meta.

It's just as bad as a templar going into IDL in an HP set thinking that his/her only job is to tank damage.

On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 6:29 AM, Rinkusan-KT said:

You will have to choose between the two heals. Basically, how the new skill system works for all classes is that 3 existing skills that we currently have (for example, recovery spell, inescapable judgment, and chained crush) are replaceable, and you have 2 other new skills to choose from to replace each of those 3 skills.

So basically you can replace recovery spell with 1 of the 2 new green skills (AKA the two healing skills); you can replace inescapable judgement with 1 of the 2 new blue skills; and you can replace chained crush with 1 of the 2 new orange skills.

Also, I'd argue that healing chanters are (or at least were) extremely overrated; for the past 2+ years, full-healing chanters were the norm despite how inefficient it was the moment Aion 4.8 came out. We are decent burst healers, but we are terrible long-term healers. I hope nobody discriminates against you for full-healing in laughably easy, almost non-competitive instances like AOE, but for the competitive player, I really think being a tunnel-vision chanter - whether it's full healing or full DPSing - doesn't cut it anymore in today's meta.

It's just as bad as a templar going into IDL in an HP set thinking that his/her only job is to tank damage.

Hi Rinkusan,it's really bad news that we have to choose skills because I think I need both healing instant with dispel for soloing and group 15k heal I thought it's just share same cd tho :(

10 hours ago, Neleth-KT said:

Hi Rinkusan,it's really bad news that we have to choose skills because I think I need both healing instant with dispel for soloing and group 15k heal I thought it's just share same cd tho :(

As nice as that sounds, it would be too op. I just think of it like stigmas -- change it out depending on the situation. Doing group pvp? Put your dispel skill in. Doing group pve? Put your 15k heal in. Get both from the little smugglers so that you have a choice between which you use.

14 hours ago, Vantheria-DN said:

As nice as that sounds, it would be too op. I just think of it like stigmas -- change it out depending on the situation. Doing group pvp? Put your dispel skill in. Doing group pve? Put your 15k heal in. Get both from the little smugglers so that you have a choice between which you use.

Well I don't like this because once u choose a skill u can't change it at all it will tie to your char until the end of the server :/ it's old mmorpg stuff.

If I understand wrong ? please correct me.

41 minutes ago, Bryos-DN said:

No, they are just like the Archdaeva skills we have now, we can change them as much as we want. You just need a skillbook to unlock it.

If I understand it correct ? you used skill book A u get A skill then you used skill book B the skill A canceled and you get skill B if you want skill A again you have to buy skill book A again ? Am I understand correctly ?

Or you just buy both skills and choose any skills you wanna use but you can't use it in same time ?

8 hours ago, Neleth-KT said:

If I understand it correct ? you used skill book A u get A skill then you used skill book B the skill A canceled and you get skill B if you want skill A again you have to buy skill book A again ? Am I understand correctly ?

Or you just buy both skills and choose any skills you wanna use but you can't use it in same time ?

It is my understanding -- and someone can correct me if I'm wrong since I have not played KR 6.0 myself -- that you can get both skill books as drops from the smugglers. Once you have them both, they're available for you to use at any time. You just can't use them both at the same time.

47 minutes ago, Vantheria-DN said:

It is my understanding -- and someone can correct me if I'm wrong since I have not played KR 6.0 myself -- that you can get both skill books as drops from the smugglers. Once you have them both, they're available for you to use at any time. You just can't use them both at the same time.

If that case I have no problem with it :)

I just think only solo and group situations,still I think chanters will become main heal in 6.0 the 15k group hot heal does not heal only 6 sec but full 10 sec that means u can healing non stop :o goodbye weaving anyway I never like it.Spamming all the way :P

30 minutes ago, Neleth-KT said:

If that case I have no problem with it :)

I just think only solo and group situations,still I think chanters will become main heal in 6.0 the 15k group hot heal does not heal only 6 sec but full 10 sec that means u can healing non stop :o goodbye weaving anyway I never like it.Spamming all the way :P

Clerics are also getting some good heal boosts to their skills. Remember that 15k is not a lot in 6.0. People have 50k or 60k HP. Maybe even more once they get truly "geared" and not just in their starter quest gears.

Also, I'm so used to weaving, I don't even know if I can stop lol. It's just second nature at this point.

1 hour ago, Vantheria-DN said:

Clerics are also getting some good heal boosts to their skills. Remember that 15k is not a lot in 6.0. People have 50k or 60k HP. Maybe even more once they get truly "geared" and not just in their starter quest gears.

Also, I'm so used to weaving, I don't even know if I can stop lol. It's just second nature at this point.

Yep but clerics got no boost in their heals either only buffs such as heal boost and cast speed but remember chanter aoe heal is 1 sec cast time and 10 sec cd and it doesn't require any buff it already strong.

I feel like if you have enough skills to spam and not using dual wield then go spam :P weaving only good for people who don't have enough skills or using dual wield xD

42 minutes ago, Neleth-KT said:

Yep but clerics got no boost in their heals either only buffs such as heal boost and cast speed

All cleric healing skills are having the amount of HP restored increased: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1U_kMX9kWadatPa6h3nZVaHgYU4c_sBuhSkFXElprSmA/edit#gid=0

Clerics are also getting two new healing-specific skills to pick from. They're both nice. One will heal and then make the heal after it nearly insta-cast. Then the other is more op as it will heal, dispel, and shield all in one go and then decrease Ripple of Purification's cd. Acquital is going to last longer too.

I'm not saying chanters aren't being buffed because we are, but I'm just saying clerics are also. :)

16 hours ago, Vantheria-DN said:

All cleric healing skills are having the amount of HP restored increased: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1U_kMX9kWadatPa6h3nZVaHgYU4c_sBuhSkFXElprSmA/edit#gid=0

Clerics are also getting two new healing-specific skills to pick from. They're both nice. One will heal and then make the heal after it nearly insta-cast. Then the other is more op as it will heal, dispel, and shield all in one go and then decrease Ripple of Purification's cd. Acquital is going to last longer too.

I'm not saying chanters aren't being buffed because we are, but I'm just saying clerics are also. :)

You made me logged to reply you xD

Yes I checked that document it's true they buffed cleric but their buffed heals are nowhere as good as 15k hot heal with 10 sec cd and 1 sec cast time :P
Before you reply me with "oh no cleric still main heal" I want to let you know I love to discuss with you :)
However if you feel I'm arrogant fool stupid or whatever xD Let just say our opinion is different if 6.0 hit here and chanter still not main heal you can remind me and make me apology :P

Edit : I forgot about bene lol yes that made 400% more effective heal if it still working same way in 5.8 then yeah 3.8k heal *4 = 15k lol still I prefer chanter because I can auto heal with rotation and dps while cleric can't do that xD

Ah yes my apology xD

6 hours ago, Neleth-KT said:

You made me logged to reply you xD

Yes I checked that document it's true they buffed cleric but their buffed heals are nowhere as good as 15k hot heal with 10 sec cd and 1 sec cast time :P
Before you reply me with "oh no cleric still main heal" I want to let you know I love to discuss with you :)
However if you feel I'm arrogant fool stupid or whatever xD Let just say our opinion is different if 6.0 hit here and chanter still not main heal you can remind me and make me apology :P

Edit : I forgot about bene lol yes that made 400% more effective heal if it still working same way in 5.8 then yeah 3.8k heal *4 = 15k lol still I prefer chanter because I can auto heal with rotation and dps while cleric can't do that xD

Ah yes my apology xD

Oh god can you plz stop? This didnt make sense even in the beggining of the patch, stop theorycrafting open a google tab and find everything you want to know about 6.0 its not hard...

But anyways i'll resume it for you, chanter is NOT the main healer on 6.0, and phys dps is not in a good state so if you dont wave even with reduced cds your dps is going to be worse.

Stop thinking aion 6.0 is another game......

Anyone know what's the radius of the new chanter AoE DoT? If I could get my hand on the Korean 6.0 client...

And what's the formula for physical damage in 6.0?

• Does the new physical boost stat work similarly to the current magic boost stat?
  • Does physical boost affect auto attacks? (In 5.x and before, magic boost does not affect magical auto attacks)
  • Does physical attack skills make use of the weapon min-max damage for their damage calculations? (In 5.x and before, magical attack from weapons/gear does not affect spell damage)

8 hours ago, 17s48D51-KT said:

Oh god can you plz stop? This didnt make sense even in the beggining of the patch, stop theorycrafting open a google tab and find everything you want to know about 6.0 its not hard...

But anyways i'll resume it for you, chanter is NOT the main healer on 6.0, and phys dps is not in a good state so if you dont wave even with reduced cds your dps is going to be worse.

Stop thinking aion 6.0 is another game......

Ok ? you done ? Go take some pills and sleep

5 hours ago, mooMOOMooMoomoo-KT said:

Anyone know what's the radius of the new chanter AoE DoT? If I could get my hand on the Korean 6.0 client...

And what's the formula for physical damage in 6.0?

• Does the new physical boost stat work similarly to the current magic boost stat?
  • Does physical boost affect auto attacks? (In 5.x and before, magic boost does not affect magical auto attacks)
  • Does physical attack skills make use of the weapon min-max damage for their damage calculations? (In 5.x and before, magical attack from weapons/gear does not affect spell damage)

I don't remember chanters have AoE DoTs or you mean AoE HoTs ? O.o

Archived