LUNA: Contaminated Underpath. Crashes and balance.

MinorBoost-KT

Greetings,

Crashes:

I've done quite a few of Contaminated Underpath instances. It is no secret it has a chance to crash your game client. It was reported by a dozen of players on forums, as well as people keep posting about it in other places (like reddit). I myself sometimes have 3 out of 10 runs crash, sometimes 1 out of 10. I doubt I ever had a 10 runs streak without a crash. Sad part is: if you are not afking and are actively trying to get an A or S grade bundle, and crash on the 3rd wave or later - by the time you come back - boss is dead and not even a B grade bundle for you.
To sum up: currently there is a ~15-20% chance - will get a B grade or not get any grade bundle at all.

Question for developers: Is this issue being addressed? Or are you just evading this and trying to shove it under the rug, hoping it'll go away on it's own?

Balance:

There is no issue with the first wave and possibly second one, however, third wave needs some tweaking.
Out of few hundred runs I've done - I have never gotten an S rank (or managed to keep first barricade alive at the end) if i got Transfectant Crawler on 3rd wave, even if prior to that I managed to keep barricade at above 75%-90% hp. I have tried with all Area Antiaircraft cannons, as well as all Single Shot Antiaircraft cannons and a combination of them.
Transfectant Flyers are not as much of an issue, because if you managed to keep barricade's health higher than ~75-80%, you may have a slim chance of getting S if you had gotten Transfectant Flyers for a third wave.

Question for the community: Has anyone gotten S after getting Crawlers on their 3rd wave (obviously not counting Saam Kings runs) since last rework on the instance?

Conclusion:

At this point, if you are actively are trying to do the instance, chances are you will crash, and if you don't - you will get monsters at the end that you have no means to deal with. Getting rank S is down to a chance of luck, even if you did instance perfectly. I would say there is an approximately 50% chance you will not get an S rank even if you dealt with all waves in the most efficient way.

I don't like afking in games for free smaller reward, I dislike who do. Knowing that rank A is highly less rewarding than rank S, and B slightly less than A; but for rank B you don't have to move a finger, I find this instance balanced and most optimal for players that prefer afking through it.

I hope things change for the better.
Regards,
Minor

I do occasionally crash in the Luna solo instance. If I do and I care enough to take the time to, I send a ticket to Support and more often than not they will give me the luna to do another run. Though not always because Support blows.

I have no trouble getting an S rank 95% of the time. If I get either two waves of the spear/horses mobs or the crawlers -and- I get really unlucky with the number of mats you need to build the cannons, I still can salvage an A rank.

One other issue worth mentioning: I've noticed that at times certain turrets wont activate as soon as you select them. I've watched as, after activation, certain turrets, (particularly AA), will remain "inactive" even after it has spawned. Not until AFTER that current wave is nearly gone, will it then turn and start shooting. Rather annoying when that happens as it defeats the purpose of even having turrets if they wont work 100% of the time you select them.

41 minutes ago, Belldandy-KT said:

One other issue worth mentioning: I've noticed that at times certain turrets wont activate as soon as you select them. I've watched as, after activation, certain turrets, (particularly AA), will remain "inactive" even after it has spawned. Not until AFTER that current wave is nearly gone, will it then turn and start shooting. Rather annoying when that happens as it defeats the purpose of even having turrets if they wont work 100% of the time you select them.

That drives me nuts. 

8 hours ago, MinorBoost-KT said:

Question for the community: Has anyone gotten S after getting Crawlers on their 3rd wave (obviously not counting Saam Kings runs) since last rework on the instance?

The amount of mobs and such have been the same since the first day of the instance. The Transfectant Crawlers have ALWAYS been a rather BS wave. 

18 hours ago, MinorBoost-KT said:

Sure, many times.

1 hour ago, Pylinaer-KT said:

As archer you can make 2xdaggers with reduce atk. speed godstones, they really cheap but most usefull in that instance.

11 hours ago, Belldandy-KT said:

What's why don't use AA turrets anymore, or you can put 1xAA from beginning but can be bugged at 3'd wave still.

I suffered some crashes there too. But to be honest not so many like on the first weeks. But yet sometimes happens. Actually the game has chances to crash on any moment. 

Yes. I managed to do rank S even with the Crawler on 3rd wave. Is not easy,  and depends so much on how you did the previous waves and how many crystals you got. 

In my experience, I saw that different mobs have a different impact on each wave. Crawlers are the most complicated ones on 3rd wave, but getting them on 1st and 2nd is really nice cause they do so few damage and you can kill them so easily on each miniwave not allow them to become so many. Yet the horses are really heavy on all of the waves and usually they do a higher damage to the barricade on waves 1 and 2 compared with crawlers or flyers. Fatties and dogs also do a high damage on waves 1 and 2. 

If you can take some agro on each wave, you can absorb part of the damage that was supposed to be on the barricade. That is really usefull on fatties and horses. 

Also the time when the MADs come are important. Cause you will stop hitting the mobs to do your ultimate to them. And you need to pick the crystals. That one is in some way random. I had the second one of those coming before the 3rd wave few times, and I did a better run. 

With the big boss you can also try to take agro and move it away from the barricade so not all the AoEs will damage it. You will take most of the damage but can save you. 

I still do not see if the NPCs on the fist barricade have a significant DPS or not. Yet I usually try to take the boss far from them to keep them alive so they can shoot more time. 

And finally, the godstone can be really important there. Lumiel´s intervention does a nice job. (-50% attack speed). Maybe stuns and blinds can do some work too. Never tried those. Elemental damage does not seem to do so much. 

12 hours ago, Azzmaria-KT said:

And finally, the godstone can be really important there. Lumiel´s intervention does a nice job. (-50% attack speed). Maybe stuns and blinds can do some work too. Never tried those. Elemental damage does not seem to do so much. 

I think that godstones are very important in this case. When I try to do this instance with an alter without godstone, it is really hard to get rank S. It depends on which waves you have and how many crystals you get. I generally use blind for the three waves and paralyze for the final boss and it works. I have never tried that with -50% attack speed but it seems a good idea too.

The crawlers can be defeated in one way,at least I know of one.I'd say out of ten runs, I can get rank S nine times with crawlers in it.

First of all ,the moment you see the crawlers coming ,you need to go ahead (even if you take 50k dmg from the poo) and make sure to throw at least two AOEs,

so that crawlers agro you and immediately run backwards to the first barricade ,this way they will maintain agro on you for a while,while your blind

or attack speed reduction godstone helps with blinding/decreasing their attack speed.

Second ,the most important part after all the waves ,is the boss fight.The boss shouldn't land too many hits on the already weakened barricade.For this to work,you need

attack speed reduction godstone,I've found that it works the best.The boss fight is like 99% of the whole attempt to save the barricade.You MUST take agro from the barricade.

Do that by spamming the single target skills,the godstone will help you a lot.

Slowly pull boss back behind the first barricade so that he doesn't have chance to go the second and land hits there.Make sure to run back when he is casting "Domination" ,

you will end up losing your current dps due to the long stun and the front barricade will agro the boss again.Don't heal too often,heal after the "Demolish" skill.Basically ,

make sure that boss already used demolish on you and you remain with at least 25k hp.I always heal when my hp goes bellow 25k.

3 Single target cannons ,the other is optional,for successful run.

icon_item_holystone_unique_slow.pngicon_item_holystone02_unique_slow.png

Archived