Forums

Is Aion Dying...

bAnthony-DN

Is this community dying out, cause there are a lot of ppl ingame that are saying just that. I don't want to keep putting money into this game like I did, Xiah Rebirth, only to find that NCSoft is gonna cancel the game... I would really be hurt to see it all die on us. I do enjoy the game just wish you NCSoft's Aion had a different PvP mode... I hate waltzing up to other players and then some guy uses a macro to beat me... I would much rather have an option that says, "Thou must not attack me/them"...

Is Aion dying, this is my real question...?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Kilty-DN said:

I believe there's a huge number of players waiting for 6.0 since it will be a big change for the game.

I agree there will be a big bump to the player base when 6.0 comes out, but I honestly don't think that bump will last. From what we are seeing, 6.0 isn't going to be the savior of Aion that we all hoped it would be. 

@bAnthony-DN.. PvP will not be changing in 6.0.

19 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

I agree there will be a big bump to the player base when 6.0 comes out, but I honestly don't think that bump will last. From what we are seeing, 6.0 isn't going to be the savior of Aion that we all hoped it would be. 

I mean, like usually, players take breaks before big updates- like active players.

That really sucks, because when I 1st started playing this game it was fkn, AWESOME... Now its dead and I am like wtf... not again... I really miss Xiah Rebirth, and if this game goes down hill to the point the cancel it, its gonna be a huge bummer....

theres a base of players who are the ones who love the game staying around no matter what patch comes out i been playing since before free to play maybe 2.7 ish was when i really started however alot has changed since then i seen many big names come and go many friendships formed and broken however i have to say that the game  has died down a bit and gotten quiet but thats cuz its been delay between patches  as always in between patches is always the quiet time. i still enjoy the game but not the way i used to i think for me the economy is the down side of keeping players feeling like they got something of worth or achieved a milestone  then theres the horrible rng rate but im just gonna focus on having fun this game holds up sorta well with those that are newer but i dont think 6.0 will save Aion i think its a fix for Aion til they find a way to either top themselves with a sequel or  rebuild the game to attract new and old players the hardest part i think for them is attracting old players new i think is just as hard cuz they dont advertise really when i had cable i remember seeing many other mmo commercials but this game never has any of that stuff to attract in audience i feel as tho they dont care much about rebuilding the player base almost as if they arent concerned about building or rebuilding the game player base

If they haven't pulled the plug on WildStar, they're not going to on Aion.

You need to be realistic about your expectations. The game is old and it's unlikely you'll see the population numbers that we had in previous patches again. Time doesn't wait, and the people that have experienced Aion/NCSoft treatment in the past will likely recall the reasons why they left and choose not to come back regardless of what 6.0 changes. Not to mention all the competition in the form of other games/MMOs that are constantly coming out. Gamers are spoiled for choice and Aion is not as compelling as it once was.

Current and future iterations of the game will never cause you to feel the same way you felt when you first started playing the game because the sense of wonderment is lost. That's nostalgia for you. Enjoy it for what it is, but chasing after it is usually a lost cause.

11 minutes ago, Gracefullee-DN said:

theres a base of players who are the ones who love the game staying around no matter what patch comes out...

Spot on. What you see is now is what you'll continue to see for as long as the game remains in operation. Suggestion to OP: if you're not pleased with the numbers now, recognize that they won't get much better than this, even with short-lived population spikes from new version releases.

3 hours ago, Aly-DN said:

PvP will not be changing in 6.0.

Actually, it will. Changing the accessibility of gear, level and skills will always impact on the activity itself. And the new area is much more pushy to get you into PvP.

14 minutes ago, Bryos-DN said:

Actually, it will. Changing the accessibility of gear, level and skills will always impact on the activity itself. And the new area is much more pushy to get you into PvP.

Seems that comment references OP's desire for a PvP toggle (as in, open-world PvP isn't going away)

1 hour ago, Forgotten-DN said:

Seems that comment references OP's desire for a PvP toggle (as in, open-world PvP isn't going away)

Yes. That's what I thought as well and that is what my response was alluding to.. that the ability to opt-out of PvP does not change.

Yea that kinda sucks, esp. to newer players trying to learn the ropes, out in the open world hunting creatures and some lvl 80 arse-wipe comes and does a finishing move on you... This is kinda the reason I stopped playing the first time... I am pretty sure that n00bies, like yours truly, don't like when this happens... I just hit lvl 66 and I was attacked by some lvl 70 "quack"-head... when i was only lvl 18... and it happened multiple times through my journey of becoming lvl 66...

I just believe to see this game expand they probably have to cater to the new ppl too... and not just those who power lvl through and then pick on everyone else... not so great of a game... This is my opinion and thoughts to add to my original post...

31 minutes ago, bAnthony-DN said:

Yea that kinda sucks, esp. to newer players trying to learn the ropes, out in the open world hunting creatures and some lvl 80 arse-wipe comes and does a finishing move on you... This is kinda the reason I stopped playing the first time... I am pretty sure that n00bies, like yours truly, don't like when this happens... I just hit lvl 66 and I was attacked by some lvl 70 "quack"-head... when i was only lvl 18... and it happened multiple times through my journey of becoming lvl 66...

I just believe to see this game expand they probably have to cater to the new ppl too... and not just those who power lvl through and then pick on everyone else... not so great of a game... This is my opinion and thoughts to add to my original post...

But you should have been invulnerable on the fast-track server at level 18 up to 65...

66+ is about living in instances until you die of exhaustion or hatred or both.

It doesn't get better, man. The new zone in 6.0 is a shared PvP map like KataDan was back in 4.0. The only nice thing is that, like, 1-75 is super fast and 75-80 is not stupid long either.

1 hour ago, bAnthony-DN said:

I was attacked by some lvl 70 "quack"-head... when i was only lvl 18...

So, it's not that I don't believe you, but it's exceedingly rare for a level 70 to be in the zones that a level 18 would be in. Around those levels, you're usually just venturing into the "starter" areas of Eltnen/Morheim, none of which has anything a level 70 would be interested in. Are you positive they were 70?

On 5/2/2018 at 7:04 AM, bAnthony-DN said:

Is this community dying out, cause there are a lot of ppl ingame that are saying just that. I don't want to keep putting money into this game like I did, Xiah Rebirth, only to find that NCSoft is gonna cancel the game... I would really be hurt to see it all die on us. I do enjoy the game just wish you NCSoft's Aion had a different PvP mode... I hate waltzing up to other players and then some guy uses a macro to beat me... I would much rather have an option that says, "Thou must not attack me/them"...

Is Aion dying, this is my real question...?

To bring you some comfort - I've been around since 1.5 and the months prior to each big patch, you get this question a lot.  

People have completed the current patch's content, they have gotten a bit tired of grinding, they have their gear.  So a lot of times people who have their gear (or level cap) get bored and go play something else.  It's hard to drum up the will to run an instance you don't need anything from and being gear capped gets dull because you can pretty much kill anything so there is no challenge - so they wander to another game for a bit.

When the new patch comes, people come back to hit the ground running and get their new patch loot to begin the whole process again.  So hearing people say the game is dying is not new - it's been "dying" for 6 years lol

Now from my perspective, the last few patches have been extremely difficult on the players.  The Level Grind is REAL and REAL boring.  I had a lot of enthusiasm and passion for Aion and even I got worn down by the current grind to the point that I wasn't even happy when I hit 75 and I barely play now that I'm 75.

I'm hoping 6.0 is going to bring back the feeling of Katalam and Danaria when the game was a blast to be a part of every day.  I have a feeling a lot of people have this same hope.

I've been around since '09 and yes, like @Sweetzerlandia-KT, there is usually a lull before each new patch. 

What I am feeling this time is that the pre-6.0 lull started earlier than usual and is affecting more people than before.

Add to that that the news about 6.0 just isn't rallying people. The idea of 6.0 really had people excited, but now that we have seen it in action in Korea, that excitement is turning into dread. 

I don't know. As someone that has been around forever, this just feels different than any time before.

Aion is dying, or should I say already dead? I mean even dead games has a few players.

I started Aion during 3.0 and had some of the most fun times of my life playing MMO's. It was great. Rifting was huge, and then after about two years give or take, rifting was killed by fast track (eventually even killed more). No worries tho, 4.0 came and the biggest pvp battles ever were taking place, huge sieges, and it was just a party. Then they removed Katalam/Danaria, and the game started dying pretty fast (I was playing Siel server, I honestly believe those who played on Siel should be more credible in terms of what they say cause Siel was the biggest population). So yeah I played in Cygnea for  about two months and quit, and came back a year later, and tried out lluma, the game honestly just wasn't the same, and really dead in my opinion cause 3.0/4.0 had hundreds of players in Sanctum.  5.0 or whatever when lluma was around had maybe 30 lol unless there was big events like fire temple.

So yeah it was a big drop. Honestly speaking. It's gonna stay that way. The people telling you this game is gonna come back to life again are dead wrong. Not happening in 6.0, not happening in 6.2. If anything, MORE people are going to quit when they remove all these areas like Eltnen, and other's. Just WHY? WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT NCSOFT? Removing Katalam/Danaria killed the game. If those areas had still been around, Aion would still have had many players as it did in 4.0

So what to do? Make Aion 2. it's that simple. Start working on it now, stop trying to fix the mess you created in what? 4.6? or 4.8? whenever Katalam/Danaria were removed.

I'll miss the old days, I'm nostalgic, but Aion was definitely more fun back then. The crap we take for granted like being ganked a million times a day from a rifter, and things. Just make Aion 2.

i love eltnen and verteron, i hate that theyre deleting them. id rather them just delete theobomos, i dont even like heiron like that either, i only like nute warren (because of how hard it is i have so many memories) so, they should just combine the rainforest part of eltnen, nute warren or heiron, and all of verteron, graveyard part of heiron. and just make a new zone?? tbh the desert areas get on my nerves, every map has one and its so annoying.

but yea, we can all agree that theobomos is a drain?

17 minutes ago, WinBoat-KT said:

I started Aion during 3.0 and had some of the most fun times of my life playing MMO's. It was great. Rifting was huge, and then after about two years give or take, rifting was killed by fast track (eventually even killed more). No worries tho, 4.0 came and the biggest pvp battles ever were taking place, huge sieges, and it was just a party.

That timeline sure is... interesting... and REALLY reliable.

2 hours ago, WinBoat-KT said:

I started Aion during 3.0 and had some of the most fun times of my life playing MMO's. It was great. Rifting was huge, and then after about two years give or take, rifting was killed by fast track (eventually even killed more).

To go on with what Bryos said...

there was no real rifting in 3.0 except on Kahrun (server was added late 2.X/right at 3.0, and no rift buffs there), and even that vanished in 3.1. 3.0 was the PvP-free-except-in-certain-spots shared lands (Sarpan/Tia/Eye).

2.X had all the rift buffs in the homeland, some with week on/week off triggers later in the patch, so you couldn't willynilly rift back then either. Was like 80% damage reduction in Eltnen/Morheim and 40% in Heiron/Beluslan. So unless you're thinking of Gelk and Ing as great rifting, I'm not sure where you're coming in at.

So, yes, your timeline is phenomenal.

and, yes, Theobomos is total rubbish.

I think people forgot there's been server merges every couple of years, do you know why? Yes decreasingly low player count. Even the moderators/devs have said this during each merge to justify it. The main consistent cause for people quitting? Cheaters using hacks such as no animation, radar hack and using bots for kinah farming. Since the game went F2P, this issue has never been fully addressed.

How many of you have had friends/legions quit the game because of hackers since you first started playing Aion?

Archived