Weekly Server Maintenance - August 23, 2017

Cyan

• Aion Team

There will be a scheduled game update Wednesday, August 23, 2017 from 6:00 AM to 11:00 AM Central Time. The game servers will be unavailable for approximately 5 hours.

Changes

1. Routine website and server maintenance.
  2. Secrets of the Ancients event will continue for one more week.

Be sure to follow @L2andAionOps for server updates. Thank you for your patience!

Thank you for your patience!

Maintenance Images of the Week

WQHGydK.gif T3KGYvN.jpg rbr1JkW.gif

• Cyan pinned this topic

Q: I have opposing faction characters on the servers that are getting merged. What will happen to them?
Accounts that have opposing races on the same server will be able to continue playing their characters for several weeks. To help mitigate the issue of having opposing factions on the same server, starting August 16 after the maintenance, free character transfers will be available by end of day. You will be able to transfer from any server to Siel, or Israphel, but not to Tiamat, Beritra or Kahrun.

Cyan I have a disagreement with how the naming is gonna go. I can understand Israphel, Tiamat, and Kahrun having a name change but Siel? Beritra at the time of the new forums was at most 20% of Siel's population (accounts that considered Beritra as their home server), and you opened server transfer 'off' Beritra and 'into' Siel.

By the time of the server merge that number will go down from 20% to maybe 3% as you will open transfer with no restrictions from Beritra before the merge so really why does Siel need to be renamed because by then it would be 'absorbing' an empty server? 

Would have been best to have Siel and Israphel as options, should be the playerbase that decides all the options as we're the ones playing them. I see no good reason why current server names cannot be reused.

That is why I haven't given my vote and I'm hoping you can redo the survey to include Siel (New Siel, Beritra) and Israphel / Lephar (Israphel, Kahrun, Tiamat)

6 hours ago, Cyan said:

There will be a scheduled game update Wednesday, August 23, 2017 from 6:00 AM to 9:00 AM Central Time. The game servers will be unavailable for approximately 5 hours.

Changes

1. Routine website and server maintenance.
  2. Secrets of the Ancients event will continue for one more week.

Be sure to follow @L2andAionOps for server updates. Thank you for your patience!

Thank you for your patience!

Maintenance Images of the Week

WQHGydK.gif T3KGYvN.jpg rbr1JkW.gif

6:00 AM to 9:00 AM  is three hours.... but you said game servers will be unavailable for approximately 5 hours.
so is that 6:00 AM to 11:00 AM or there is just 3 hours??

take as long as needed... been getting disconnected a bit to much this evening, including a boot from a winning OW(under 5k left to win ><) and NOT sending a ticket to support, I checked with unvisited websites to check my connection, instead of software, maybe put effort in to the hardware side this time....

• Aion Team

Oops! The estimated time was 5 hours long, 6am to 11am, but those tricky times always elude me. Next events will begin next week, and server transfer queueing should be opening shortly, but we have to look at a few things from all the transfers we did during the maintenance.

• Cyan unpinned this topic

Archived