Confused.com with the 1 time only free restoration

Gked

So, i was trying to temper my L75 Abyss ring yesterday and it broke. I submitted a ticket so they can restore it for me (i have never used the 1 time free restoration before) and i got the following reply, which doesn't make sense, at least to me:

''We understand why you want your item to be restored. However, due to the random nature of the tempering process, we can't restore the item to its previous temper level or the item that was tempered. We hope for your kind understanding regarding this matter''.

I have never used my free restoration about this or any other item on any account. So, confused.com... what's going on? Does the free restoration applies only for armor pieces and weapons? Or does it include accessories as well?

I think the "one time free restore" was something that was meant to be kept quiet. It was Support being nice and not actually meant to be a public policy. Not sure how they thought players weren't going to (a) talk about it or (b) exploit it. (i.e. using alt accounts to enchant weapons so that if it breaks they can get a restore. Lol @ the level 10's with +20 weapons)

So one of two things has happened. First, you are correct that the restore didn't apply to accessories. Second, Support has finally gotten wise to all the exploiting and done away with this private policy altogether. Ask Support?

20 minutes ago, Nyinu-KR said:

I think the "one time free restore" was something that was meant to be kept quiet.

Why and how? It's not something you can't talk about with your legion members or your in-game friends.

24 minutes ago, Nyinu-KR said:

So one of two things has happened. First, you are correct that the restore didn't apply to accessories. Second, Support has finally gotten wise to all the exploiting and done away with this private policy altogether. Ask Support?

So, no restoration for accessories? Am i getting this right? My ring is gone? :( Like forever?:(

You are misunderstanding me. What I think happened is that people were crying to Support about things exploding. Support decide among themselves to give each person a one time do-over. That isn't a right. It isn't something spelled out officially. It was a courtesy. A nice thing. And we all know it has been exploited and abused to hell and back.

So either it never applied to accessories or Support isn't doing it at all ever for anything any more. To know which, you would have to ask Support.

And yes. Your accessory is gone forever because of RNG. That's the way the game is supposed to be played. 

1 hour ago, Gked-TM said:

So, i was trying to temper my L75 Abyss ring yesterday and it broke. I submitted a ticket so they can restore it for me (i have never used the 1 time free restoration before) and i got the following reply, which doesn't make sense, at least to me:

''We understand why you want your item to be restored. However, due to the random nature of the tempering process, we can't restore the item to its previous temper level or the item that was tempered. We hope for your kind understanding regarding this matter''.

I have never used my free restoration about this or any other item on any account. So, confused.com... what's going on? Does the free restoration applies only for armor pieces and weapons? Or does it include accessories as well?

Should only apply for armor/weapons. Accessories never would be restored unless the GM was incompetent enough to not know the difference.

NC still gives an one-time restoraion per account, but now its limited to gear only and your character must be Archdaeva.

Last month I broke my Abyss Earrings on this chanter trying +5 and they refused restoration, but I know at least 3 friends who got their accs back, in the past. For a time they were restoring accessories too, but suddenly ppl started to pop up with +8 / +9 Abyss Jewels and now they always give this non-sense reply about random nature on tempering solutions, maybe to avoid exploiters like Nyinu said.

Anyway since its limited to Archdaevas only, dunno if it could be considered Exploiting in any case. You have 1 restoration per account, you can use it as you wish. It was never public but of course became widespread info quickly.

13 hours ago, Sunix-KR said:

NC still gives an one-time restoraion per account, but now its limited to gear only and your character must be Archdaeva.

Last month I broke my Abyss Earrings on this chanter trying +5 and they refused restoration, but I know at least 3 friends who got their accs back, in the past. For a time they were restoring accessories too, but suddenly ppl started to pop up with +8 / +9 Abyss Jewels and now they always give this non-sense reply about random nature on tempering solutions, maybe to avoid exploiters like Nyinu said.

Anyway since its limited to Archdaevas only, dunno if it could be considered Exploiting in any case. You have 1 restoration per account, you can use it as you wish. It was never public but of course became widespread info quickly.

they refused to restore 1 Cipherblade for me last week. But i do know people who got their gear back just today.
I don't know NC logics about restorations lol

On 1/9/2017 at 9:59 AM, Nyinu-KR said:

I think the "one time free restore" was something that was meant to be kept quiet. It was Support being nice and not actually meant to be a public policy. Not sure how they thought players weren't going to (a) talk about it or (b) exploit it. 

Agree with this.

I think the restoration was supposed to be a way to help us with our mistakes. Sometimes players do mistakes. Like DE your best weapon instead of a garbage weapon. Or a fail when armsfusing and using on top the one supposed to be on bot. Maybe now with the new methods those mistakes are less frecuent. But we used to ask for help on those situations and the support usually helped us (not only once per account). But we weren´t gambling or trying to test our luck.

I think at some point less people asked for a restoration to solve a mistake and more people used to gamble without losing. I just hope they still help with mistakes even more than once.

12 hours ago, Azzmaria-SL said:

I just hope they still help with mistakes even more than once.

Oh, they do. They've helped me when I've made some really boneheaded mistakes; for example, right after I returned I played for a while on my SW, then jumped on my main and chose a cloth reward rather than chain because my brain was still in SW mode. They swapped the pieces for me without a hassle. 

I've found support very helpful, even though they probably cringe when they see who the ticket is from these days.

Y'all are lucky. Support won't do crap for me haha. I accidentally used 186 million kinah to enchant my wings from +13 to +14 (didn't realize I was out of greater supps). I asked if they could drop my wings back down to +13, not even worry about the omega I'd spent, and just return my kinah. Nope dot com.

• 1 month later...

Maybe they take into consideration if is an obvious mistake or if there is a chance that the player was testing his luck. I had some mistakes like the one that Krystaline said. I also had a friend who confused the weapons order when armfusing. Maybe in those situations it is too evident that the player really confused the things cause there is no point to do what he/she did.

On 9/8/2017 at 1:54 PM, Vantheria-DN said:

Y'all are lucky. Support won't do crap for me haha. I accidentally used 186 million kinah to enchant my wings from +13 to +14 (didn't realize I was out of greater supps). I asked if they could drop my wings back down to +13, not even worry about the omega I'd spent, and just return my kinah. Nope dot com.

Next patch adds a dialogue box when you're out of Supps, so that this wont happen anymore.

Archived