Can I still enchant Archdaeva gear?

SunsetOrgasma-KT

9 minutes ago, Nadiezhda-KT said:

I don't know if you noticed but the attack and defense values on old gear don't apply, which means you have 0 attack and defense if you are using archdaeva gear.

There is weapon damage. 

Everyone who just came to Lakrum, starts their quests with Archdaevic weapon, no one has "new" weapon immediately.

BTW how is that new gear called?

Some extra omegas and greater supps remained on my toons, why not use them so far?

Anyway there's almost nothing to play on this patch and I won't apply any heavy efforts to get the gear of this "generation". I may make a break like half a year or year and not spend a dime on this game, or play a little but not mind my gear, until some newer patch comes out where the present generation of gear turns weak because they'll introduce some newer generation, and will bring back Abyss, Godstones, more locations and other attractive features to the game!

Actually the old gear is not totally rubbish. Not only that we were able to level up using old gear. Also I saw that numbers are totally different. And sometimes a combination between old and new items seems to provide better numbers. Maybe all that will change using the new purple or red gear. 

also remember that our old boots provide +22% speed. And gloves also provide attack/casting speed. Not sure if they are working properly, but those percentages seems to be interesting to mix new and old gear. Also, we need to compare how can help the pve and pvp X% bonus on gear compared with the new stats.

2 hours ago, Azzmaria-KT said:

Actually the old gear is not totally rubbish. Not only that we were able to level up using old gear. Also I saw that numbers are totally different. And sometimes a combination between old and new items seems to provide better numbers. Maybe all that will change using the new purple or red gear. 

also remember that our old boots provide +22% speed. And gloves also provide attack/casting speed. Not sure if they are working properly, but those percentages seems to be interesting to mix new and old gear. Also, we need to compare how can help the pve and pvp X% bonus on gear compared with the new stats.

Who said that the new gear "given in campaigns and quests" in Lakrum is better than the Archdaevic Mythic gear??? I got some 3 parts of that gear - NEVER ever had I seen such absurd CRAP!!! Wings without flight time, what idiot could invent that??? Their appearance is also ugly. If a character passed through Norsvold, at least completed Transcendence quest, they have AT LEAST Norsvold wings with flight time of 88 sec and rather beautiful. Generally, there were many long and beautiful wings for Archdaeva - initial 94-110 sec+ possibility to enchant +15 getting +150 sec above that+ soaring speed. Weapon without attack speed!! (1 positive part - it looks like Discordant weapon that disappeared, that is very beautiful for yellow toons). Stats are much LOWER  than not only Frigida Staff combined with  Royal Archon Captrain staff, but also compared with +10 Archdaeva's Remodeled Danuar Staff combined with Discordant Staff. Boots without speed! Gloves without attack/casting speed! Their other stats are also worse than Fierce armor and Prime Archon Royal Hauberk! Jacket and pants without flight speed and flight time!  Show me at least 1 player who REALLY USES this crap??? When our characters were little they received much better Fabled gear from Edandos in presents! Even if you start a character right now, when Norsvold doesn't exists (btw how do they become Archdaevas then? By "Archdaeva" I mean certain things that we didn't lose with the disappearance of Norsvold - f.e. ability to soar, which is not given below level 66, ability to stay in the air when our flight time ended). A new character receives +10 Fledgling Daeva gear with all speeds, then on lev 55 they receive very strong +10 Elite Fledgeling Daeva mythic gear, with all speeds again. So I really don't understand who may need this Lakrum Protector's gear??? I guess, there will appear somewhere mythic Lakrum gear, but that must be a hard and long work to get it. (So, by the time you get close to completing that set they'll introduce still stronger gear and your great work will be spent in vain, jajaja). 

2 hours ago, Azzmaria-KT said:

Who said that the new gear "given in campaigns and quests" in Lakrum is better than the Archdaevic Mythic gear??? I got some 3 parts of that gear - NEVER ever had I seen such absurd CRAP!!! Wings without flight time, what idiot could invent that??? Their appearance is also ugly. If a character passed through Norsvold, at least completed Transcendence quest, they have AT LEAST Norsvold wings with flight time of 88 sec and rather beautiful. Generally, there were many long and beautiful wings for Archdaeva - initial 94-110 sec+ possibility to enchant +15 getting +150 sec above that+ soaring speed. Weapon without attack speed!! (1 positive part - it looks like Discordant weapon that disappeared, that is very beautiful for yellow toons). Stats are much LOWER  than not only Frigida Staff combined with  Royal Archon Captrain staff, but also compared with +10 Archdaeva's Remodeled Danuar Staff combined with Discordant Staff. Boots without speed! Gloves without attack/casting speed! Their other stats are also worse than Fierce armor and Prime Archon Royal Hauberk! Jacket and pants without flight speed and flight time!  Show me at least 1 player who REALLY USES this crap??? When our characters were little they received much better Fabled gear from Edandos in presents! Even if you start a character right now, when Norsvold doesn't exists (btw how do they become Archdaevas then? By "Archdaeva" I mean certain things that we didn't lose with the disappearance of Norsvold - f.e. ability to soar, which is not given below level 66, ability to stay in the air when our flight time ended). A new character receives +10 Fledgling Daeva gear with all speeds, then on lev 55 they receive very strong +10 Elite Fledgeling Daeva mythic gear, with all speeds again. So I really don't understand who may need this Lakrum Protector's gear??? I guess, there will appear somewhere mythic Lakrum gear, but that must be a hard and long work to get it. (So, by the time you get close to completing that set they'll introduce still stronger gear and your great work will be spent in vain, jajaja). 

PS: some stats are in fact entangled: Attack was renamed to Weapon damage, and it's higher on older mythic gear. At the same time, there appeared some new stat called "Physical Attack" that is high on the new gear but the sence of it is rather unclear to me yet. Even if it has advantage by this, but absence of any speed and flight time makes this gear very unattractive to me. In pvp, since earliest time of me playing Aion, I felt like speed was the most important stat! Players mysteriously quickly ran around me, suddenly hit me, suddenly hid behind obstacles so while I casted my skill (f.e. Sorc), by the end of it the opponent was always behind an obstacle and my skill was cancelled and I died. ...  

The most important stats in gear are now:

• physicalpowerboost (Physical Attack)
  • physicalpowerboostresist (Physical Defense)
  • magicalpowerboost (Magical Attack)
  • magicalpowerboostresist (Magical Defense)

Lakrum quest gear are rubbish. Other ancient gears, such as Genesis Crystal or CoE/GoK Ancient Gears, are have much higher of these four core stats. Replace them as soon as you can!

Currently, the older gears are only useful for the "Atk Speed" and "Speed" stat, but you would have to sacrifice some damage and defense to get those, which while can be manageable for defensive classes, but could present problem for other classes.

Truthfully, never in my life time of playing this game, have i been able to last so long during PvP.

In the earlier patches, i used to get one-shot by almost any class even when i am a Templar (a class which is specifically designed to be defensive and tanky). But in this new patch, with just Ancient "Genesis Crystal" PvP gears, i can easily tank 2-3 players for quite a while (compared to before) and possibly even more players if i have good Cleric support.

To me, only those players would be unhappy about this new patch, are those who used to go around solo and enjoy one-shot killing weaker geared players, because with the current patch, its really hard to one-shot anyone (unless its a Ultimate "Genesis Crystal" PvP gear VS Ancient "Genesis Crystal" PvP gear match-up, which would take quite a while to happen). It applies same on those who are sore about not being able to spam their "Godstones" anymore.

2 hours ago, SunsetOrgasma-KT said:

Who said that the new gear "given in campaigns and quests" in Lakrum is better than the Archdaevic Mythic gear??? I got some 3 parts of that gear - NEVER ever had I seen such absurd CRAP!!!

You do know that the "damage formula" for the new 6.2 gears apply differently compared to older gears, right?

So, even if the raw stats seem lower, the damage to mobs (or opposing players in PvP) is actually much higher than when you use older gears (tried it already, and can confirm).

Wings without flight time, what idiot could invent that???

Do we really need much flight time in this new patch? I mean how much can you fly around in the current areas?

And for gliding, 1 min is mostly enough in majority of cases (unless you accidentally jumped from a high place and stayed airborne for too long).

Their appearance is also ugly.

This i can agree on, atleast for the 'Genesis Crystal' Ancient PvP gears.

1 hour ago, SunsetOrgasma-KT said:

PS: some stats are in fact entangled: Attack was renamed to Weapon damage, and it's higher on older mythic gear. At the same time, there appeared some new stat called "Physical Attack" that is high on the new gear but the sence of it is rather unclear to me yet. Even if it has advantage by this, but absence of any speed and flight time makes this gear very unattractive to me.

From what i know, "Weapon Damage" is the power behind your "Auto-Attack" only.

While "Physical Attack" only applies to your Skills (and doesn't apply on your "Auto-Attack"). So, the higher the "Physical Attack", the better damage gets when you use your skill.

As for "absence of speed", while its a problem, but as you get better gears it gets fixed (for PvE, starting from CoE gears; and for PvP starting from Legendary Crafted or Legendary Upgraded "Genesis Crystal" gears).

As for 'flight time', well you don't really need to fly around that much in this new patch to begin with, so its also manageable.

Just now, Shirayuki-DN said:

Mount up and press R or watever u keybind it to.

"Sprint Movement" on your Mount isn't that much needed as well, since with the speed everyone else is at, if you are on a Mount, chance is you can easily escape majority of times from PvP (but if not already on Mount, then it would be hard to get on it in, so making "Sprint Movement" useless then). Plus 4-8 sec of "Sprint Movement" should be enough to make a get away.

Also, i generally move around using the Teleports or by Running (since much easier to move around that way, and the map isn't that big to use Mount regularly).

2 hours ago, Xauieo-DN said:

To me, only those players would be unhappy about this new patch, are those who used to go around solo and enjoy one-shot killing weaker geared players, because with the current patch, its really hard to one-shot anyone (unless its a Ultimate "Genesis Crystal" PvP gear VS Ancient "Genesis Crystal" PvP gear match-up, which would take quite a while to happen). It applies same on those who are sore about not being able to spam their "Godstones" anymore.

What means "spam their godstones"? I thought, they proc randomly. To me, Godstones atr an important part of a toon's appearance. For example, I use a dark-blue Godstone on tooms with black hair in black and partially red clothes, or I use it on toons with violet hairs, violet-purple-pink-orange clothes and weapons and all of them look very differently if the godstone is taken away - they become of different color! Very important are to me also green godstomes (poison), blibd and bleed ones (for black toons), red fabled Movement Speed, Fire and yellow Stun. Why couldn't the devs save the appearance of of godstones while removing their combat effects??.  

2 hours ago, Xauieo-DN said:

Do we really need much flight time in this new patch? I mean how much can you fly around in the current areas?

And for gliding, 1 min is mostly enough in majority of cases (unless you accidentally jumped from a high place and stayed airborne for too long).

This i can agree on, atleast for the 'Genesis Crystal' Ancient PvP gears.

Don't tell me that I "don't need to fly" - I'm already a lot depressed and ready to leave this world of Aion, and this may only magnify my negative mood so I'll go look for a black hole or wormhole to jump into another world and never return to this one, cause "I don't need to fly" in it. I would better need to fly!! I'm a Daeva, flying is my pleasure, sprinting, soaring - too, it's the main thing why I play Aion!!  I won't ever play any unflying game! I don't care what other people think about me, but I play for my pleasure the ways I can and all my mains have not less than 7:30 flight time since the Archdaevic patch (5.x). Even though I wasn't every day on siege in Abyss because they made it pure pve (reset to Balaur) but I sprinted every day and everywhere, especially much while doing campaigns in Norsvold. It was very exciting, I trained my attention on it, keeping to roads, passing through mobs, sometimes they still threw me off the bikes - it was much entertaining. And I don't imagine how I would do any campaigns without sprinting throughout a location!    

11 hours ago, SunsetOrgasma-KT said:

Anyway there's almost nothing to play on this patch and I won't apply any heavy efforts to get the gear of this "generation". I may make a break like half a year or year and not spend a dime on this game, or play a little but not mind my gear, until some newer patch comes out where the present generation of gear turns weak because they'll introduce some newer generation, and will bring back Abyss, Godstones, more locations and other attractive features to the game!

I hate to be the one to tell you this but this update finally got me to pay more attention to how things are in Korea who is at patch 6.5 I believe? I may be mistaken on that. In any case this isn't going to get any better. The abyss isn't coming back, pretty much all that we lost isn't coming back. Expect future patches to continue doubling down on how things are now. It sucks.

As for flying (which I can't believe they more or less removed one of Aion's main selling points) I think Revelation Online let's you do that, I haven't played it though.

1 hour ago, SunsetOrgasma-KT said:

Don't tell me that I "don't need to fly" - I'm already a lot depressed and ready to leave this world of Aion, and this may only magnify my negative mood so I'll go look for a black hole or wormhole to jump into another world and never return to this one, cause "I don't need to fly" in it. I would better need to fly!! I'm a Daeva, flying is my pleasure, sprinting, soaring - too, it's the main thing why I play Aion!!  I won't ever play any unflying game! I don't care what other people think about me, but I play for my pleasure the ways I can and all my mains have not less than 7:30 flight time since the Archdaevic patch (5.x). Even though I wasn't every day on siege in Abyss because they made it pure pve (reset to Balaur) but I sprinted every day and everywhere, especially much while doing campaigns in Norsvold. It was very exciting, I trained my attention on it, keeping to roads, passing through mobs, sometimes they still threw me off the bikes - it was much entertaining. And I don't imagine how I would do any campaigns without sprinting throughout a location!    

4 hours ago, SunsetOrgasma-KT said:

Happy to see someone else feels as I do about Flying. As you said: What good is it to be a Daeva in the first place if you can't fly? Being able to fly is one of the major things that define you as a Daeva.

I'm glad I got all my characters their good wing sets before this patch. And I am hoping they add more maps including one where you can fly everywhere like we had in the Abyss soon. Flying is a major part of this game for me.

11 hours ago, Aieryn-DN said:

Happy to see someone else feels as I do about Flying. As you said: What good is it to be a Daeva in the first place if you can't fly? Being able to fly is one of the major things that define you as a Daeva.

I'm glad I got all my characters their good wing sets before this patch. And I am hoping they add more maps including one where you can fly everywhere like we had in the Abyss soon. Flying is a major part of this game for me.

Yes, I remember, Aion had a trailer about gliding and flying. A young woman on a rooftop took off all her clothes and jumped from the edge.... Several seconds pass (and you worry, did she commit suicide??), then she appears on wings in the air,. :) and a man flies with her. :) 

9 hours ago, SunsetOrgasma-KT said:

Yes, I remember, Aion had a trailer about gliding and flying. A young woman on a rooftop took off all her clothes and jumped from the edge.... Several seconds pass (and you worry, did she commit suicide??), then she appears on wings in the air,. :) and a man flies with her. :) 

Incidentally, its that part which made me play the game (AION is my first MMORPG as well, mainly because of that ad).

Didn't really care about her flying off.

Archived