Game current state

Kiiyohime-KT

Just now, Edmond-KT said:

I'm not sure if you have read the last days posts in the forum bro, but the game has become garbage. There are like.. 3 maps, no quests, no titles, nothing, It's like a high rates now.

I haven't, so I guess I will stop my download. I tought the game would be better after this update, feels bad. Anyway, thx bro

It IS garbage.  There is a big different between people who log in , do a few hours to past the time, and people who are really invested in a game - and I don't necessarily mean financially - I mean into really having a good community and live, healthy servers.

Right now, Aion is not healthy.

In my opinion "Aion current state" at least in my server Danaria is:
- People all over the map doing different stuff 24/7
- Sieges full of people
- You can't step a foot for longer than 2 minutes on a camp without get pvp.

Which is probably best state i've seen on the game in years.

13 hours ago, Edmond-KT said:

I'm not sure if you have read the last days posts in the forum bro, but the game has become garbage. There are like.. 3 maps, no quests, no titles, nothing, It's like a high rates now.

Take this with a grain of salt. 

Leveling has been streamlined and the number of maps for leveling was reduced to reflect that. So yes. There are less maps. You can go from 1 to 80 in a few days of heavy game play. You can get to 80 in a week of casual play. There is one end game map that is split into three strips. The first is the Elyos side where Elyos quest to level. There are friendly camps you can run to if PvP happens. The opposite side is the Asmo side where Asmodians quest to level. The center strip is sort of a no man's land. No friendly NPCs for anyone there. This area is sort of a bathtub. You have to glide down to it and use windstreams to get out.

There are plenty of quests to get to 80. Not sure what he was talking about there. You won't really need to do them all since luna dailies are easy and give a lot of xp, but you will want to because the rewards are meaningful. At end-game there are weekly quests much like the old bloodmark quests. There are also 4x weekly kill 20 quests. There are 6 instances on the end-game map. The first is solo. The second can be soloed with quest gear (You get a full set of gold PvP and PvE gear at level 75+ from quests.) or easily duo-ed. There is plenty to do.

It's true that titles are an issue for brand new players. I believe you get one free one and then from there you would need to craft one each 5 to 7 days with luna materials. But titles are really just an added bonus at this point. Your run/attack/cast speed and a healthy boost to your stats are going to come  from your transformation, a new system. At first you will use potions from quests and that drop open world to transform. Once you reach max level, you will get Transformation Contracts from instances bosses in the end game map, Lakrum. The drop rate is really pretty good. These unlock a transformation. To use the transformation, you need Transformation Scrolls. You get these pretty often from your daily luna reward and they can be purchased with kinah. If you want to use a transformation and not -look- like the transformation, there are Transparent Transformation Scrolls. You can get 20 of these from your 7x daily luna reward or you can buy them from the broker. 

Not sure what "high rates" means.

The changes to the game can be jarring and take getting used to, but as Chibiusa pointed out, at least the DN server is very active.

Let's add some realism now , shall we? As last stated- titles are a factor for new  player. yes, there is * a chance* to get contracts for transforms from Luna. Yes, there is *a chance* to get a transform from instances. Personally, I have never gotten anything other than a garbage white transform, let alone a garbage green transform from an instance. Good luck running a decent instance with a white transform and a bad title. 

So, new players will get very frustrated very quickly unless a good event comes around soon , where contracts are possible, enchanting stones as well

Incidentally - drop rates   and "pretty good" is relative - I don't see contracts more than 10% of the time in instances. 

You don't get contracts from luna. They drop from the bosses of instances in Lakrum. The chance to drop is pretty high for something that we thought would be total pay2win.  I would say that 1 in 3 instance runs gives you one. Maybe a bit higher. I got an ancient transform from a CoE run the other day. Mostly they are whites, but most of the transforms are white. And you can combine whites to try for a green.. like you can combine greens to get an ancient. Legionmate combined two ancients yesterday and got a legendary.. for his class. It's like anything else in game. RNG.

Enchanting is tough. Is that what he meant by "high rates"? He meant low rates on enchants? Actually reminds me of 3.x days. Failing to enchant for days and days. 

It's garbage because the economy has been destroyed, the kinah fees on the broker are outrageous, there is no way to make kinah now without being gouged by the shugo brokers.  Sieges are fun if you like 1 fps.  True you need to grind for gear which is what the game used to be like but you could at least sustain yourself.  No wonder NCSoft paid for all housing fees until Jan.  If they didn't, nobody could afford and houses/mansions/estates/palaces due to the maintenance fees.

All weekly quests done and all instances on cd in 3 days.  means 4 days of waiting until it resets on wed.

Think that's it.

People really need to  stop asking for free stuff, the game is not like it was during 5.x anymore, during 3.x the game was pretty much like this, hard to get stuff, hard to get skins, hard to get enchants... etc etc.., the onyl point i must agree in this is the enchantment rate, all other stuff i really believe are like they must be to go back to old aion. 5.x make ppl just get sued to the free stuff, and stupids events that make you totally dpeneding of them, now enjoy the game just like it is...

On 11/25/2018 at 0:11 AM, Kiiyohime-KT said:

Sooo... it's been a long time since I played Aion and I saw the update. Is it still worth to play? ( as a f2p )

My advice? Try it out. What other people consider garbage might be exactly what you look for. You can't rely on others on this matter. Some people hate the new Aion some love it. Filter through your own expectation and needs. Some people hate the game so much that they log in every day while complaining on forum how crap the game is. 

It is not perfect, that's for sure. Just try it out and you make your own decision based on your experience in game. 

Lot's of Love

On 11/25/2018 at 1:15 AM, Chibiusa-DN said:

In my opinion "Aion current state" at least in my server Danaria is:
- People all over the map doing different stuff 24/7
- Sieges full of people
- You can't step a foot for longer than 2 minutes on a camp without get pvp.

Which is probably best state i've seen on the game in years.

MAP as in 1 map.

PvP? As in low quality, gear-decided pvp?

Full of people? Remember when even fast track (i.e. low level content/maps) was full of people and you had to switch channels to get stuff done? Yeah that was years ago. Not now.

And I don't wanna get into all the other issues that you failed to mention, but the game definitely has a lot of other problems.

Game right now in the "best state" you've seen it in years? C'mon man. NCSoft should hire people like you for their marketing department though.

On 11/25/2018 at 3:33 PM, Aly-DN said:

You don't get contracts from luna. They drop from the bosses of instances in Lakrum. The chance to drop is pretty high for something that we thought would be total pay2win.  I would say that 1 in 3 instance runs gives you one. Maybe a bit higher. I got an ancient transform from a CoE run the other day. Mostly they are whites, but most of the transforms are white. And you can combine whites to try for a green.. like you can combine greens to get an ancient. Legionmate combined two ancients yesterday and got a legendary.. for his class. It's like anything else in game. RNG.

Enchanting is tough. Is that what he meant by "high rates"? He meant low rates on enchants? Actually reminds me of 3.x days. Failing to enchant for days and days. 

I meant scrolls for contracts for transformations from Luna..

The drop rate for contracts is NOT high from bosses, at least for me.YOUR perception is that it is pretty high - you think it is NOT pay2 win currently, you must be the only person who does not. I have not gotten a single green contract from an instance. I have only rarely managed to combine whites to get a green so far - so no ancients at all from combining. Whites are garabage. No one cares if some transforms are white- they are useless. Even greens aren't good.

1) You say "RNG" as it it excuses everything. It does not. Next you will likely say that it is impossible for NCWest to change it- when you don't know that. It may be something that it under NCWest's control, OR it may require a code change. I would really doubt that it would be hard-coded, it would be in KR's benefit to allow regions to be able to configure this.

2) Enchanting is not just "tough" and it is badly done- along the lines of past Aion with  exploding manastones leading to players leaving  . See number one for a similar explanation as to why NCSoft could adjust this. 

19 minutes ago, Matsukamy-KT said:

I got ancient one my first try.

And i still use greens for farming. They last a little longer it seems.

I mean congrats. But most players aren't as lucky as you.

Also, the problem is not just getting an ancient contract, but getting one that's optimal for your class.

So right now we have chances for white/normal contracts. If we get enough of them we can combine them for a low chance at obtaining an ancient contract. And that ancient contract may not be optimal for our class.

13 minutes ago, 2s3004E2-DN said:

I mean congrats. But most players aren't as lucky as you.

Also, the problem is not just getting an ancient contract, but getting one that's optimal for your class.

So right now we have chances for white/normal contracts. If we get enough of them we can combine them for a low chance at obtaining an ancient contract. And that ancient contract may not be optimal for our class.

yeah, the one i have is not really optimal for my class.

Archived