Open world PVP worth coming back for?

Mukesh-DN

17 minutes ago, Zombiex-DN said:

if you're geared and you have a good transformation (legendary) yea its fun

So what your saying is that open world PVP sucks for the 90% of the players who don't have legendary transformations?

Compensations with legendary transformations does indeed not sound fun to play against.

Guess I'll just move along... Thanks.

1 hour ago, Mukesh-DN said:

So what your saying is that open world PVP sucks for the 90% of the players who don't have legendary transformations?

Compensations with legendary transformations does indeed not sound fun to play against.

Guess I'll just move along... Thanks.

the problem is ppl wants to zerg ppl so if you don't have good mov speed you will be zerged asf, its not a matter of balance is just a matter of ppl zerging

9 minutes ago, Zombiex-DN said:

the problem is ppl wants to zerg ppl so if you don't have good mov speed you will be zerged asf, its not a matter of balance is just a matter of ppl zerging

Good point... and the guard humping.

I think it's really fun, but if you're just jumping back into the game now, you might not enjoy it personally.

You'd be fighting against people who have been steadily gearing up for the last 6 months. Like I play pretty often but not hardcore, like spending luna to get into PVP instances to farm for legendary PVP enchant stones. Just doing my weekly quests, some farming, showing up to siege and doing PVP instances now and then; I have a full set of legendary PVP gear. 

The starter PVP gear you get from the campaign quests... I mean you're basically wearing pretty paper. To get a full set of Ancient PVP gear (Still flimsy, but significantly tougher than the starter quest gear) it takes several weeks of doing weekly quests, and during that farming you'll probably run into plenty of Asmos/Elyos. And then depending on your luck and how much you farm for items and your aetherforging level, it could take weeks/months to upgrade your gear to Legendary. And even then you'll still run into plenty of people/groups in full Ultimate gear that will cut through you like butter. With full purple gear I still die insanely fast sometimes. :P

Of course the only way to know for sure is to try it our for yourself! Just be aware that you're not gonna be on even ground with a lot of people if you're just starting. If you have to go into enemy infested spots, take some friends with you! ^_^ (and even then still mentally prepare yourself for your death)

25 minutes ago, Lad-DN said:

mentally prepare yourself for your death)

Really the best advice tbh.

Just pop an admin boon scroll and expect to die. That's what I do when I'm doing camps on my alts for genesis crystals (gotta craft those skills and buy pve gear for my lil pve alts). If you're prepared for it, then it won't nyerk you off as much. Just laugh it off and enjoy no soul sickness from your admin boon and get back out there.

Archived