Is Aion only game that they destroyed most contents and called it as an update ?

Neleth-KT

Well but this question I really dunno :P

But let's talk what I would like to tell you about I've been thinking if it's possible to keep transformation and concept of 6.0 without ruining players experience.

First what I'm going to keep from original 6.0 updates

-Skills renewal
-Physical/Magical/HP damage formula
-6.0 Hairs :P

What I'm going to altered

-Old weapons/armors should not be useless I'm going to add mew formula physical/magical damage on it also defence and also keeping attack speed on weapons/gloves too.(Also new gears have 19/8/22 weapon/gloves/boots since from the start)
-Nerf ancient/legendary attack/cast speed to the point that people feel enough for reaching speed cap and removed white transform completely.
-Not removed scrolls and usable but once you using transform you will override scrolls.
-It's luxuxy to see transform you have to pay for extra cost for transform scrolls to see your characters transformed into animals/mobs if normal transform you just being you :P
-Instead deleted 8 maps I'll keep them and making leveling progress harder (each map for 5 levels) but more rewarding for people who actually doing the quests instead afking luna such as giving selectable daevanion skill books,skins,plastic surgery,cubic,free upgrade inventory space,abyss points,GP,gold ingots and gold transformation contacts.(How anyone can resist this ? xD)
-Housing at level 20 becoming a require quest that you need to do to become lv 21 :)
-Tradable kinah and gears (that world drops or craft) but instance one still untradable and tradable daevanion skill books.
-Keep luna crafting as it is in 5.x.
-Leave crafting there xD

Well I still keep skills renewal/new formula for damage/defense/hp and even transformation but much more positive feedback :D

I know it's a dream maybe someone at NC will read and give them some idea xD

Ragnarok Online had the renewal update that deleted a bunch of (useless) open world maps, and imposed level difference factors on exp gains such that level 100 characters have very few options available for leveling. The difference of exp given out by monsters of similiar level have reduced a lot, and the only way to level up efficiently is to mob up and AOE all of them. (AOE damage in Ragnarok Online do not have enemy number caps unlike Aion do, typically 6)

iRO used to run a classic server with pre-renewal server, but it was recently shut down due to the age of the server software. Gravity Interactive basically ran it without any support from their Korean HQ. Ragnarok before renewal was particularly bot-friendly, where bots would just farm at low level maps and eventually hit the level cap there.

• 2 weeks later...

Star Wars Galaxies. Nuke over half the professions, a fair amount of quests, items, dozens of skills, stats, and mechanics. Call it the "New Game Enhancements" update and as a result see over half of the total player base cancel their subscriptions and that is not an exaggeration.

11 hours ago, Jagblade-DN said:

Star Wars Galaxies. Nuke over half the professions, a fair amount of quests, items, dozens of skills, stats, and mechanics. Call it the "New Game Enhancements" update and as a result see over half of the total player base cancel their subscriptions and that is not an exaggeration.

^ tbqh, outside of FFXIV's launch disaster, SWG is probably my biggest wtf moment in MMO history.

12 hours ago, Jagblade-DN said:

Yeah I was there during that SWG disaster. They had just recently updated the quest for getting the Jedi profession too, then they nuked all professions to weakling status forcing identical skill rotations, and weak skills and stats. In addition everybody could now start as weak mode Jedi with no difficult quests required like before. Yeah that New Enhancement Update was one of the biggest MMO fails of all time because every subscriber was in love with the current system in place before that change. RIP SWG glory days.

Archived