Falcy-DN

"Master Server" for NA?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want it?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

Hey there Cyan and/or Hime,

I was wondering if there was any consideration now for the potential of introducing the Master Server(A level 50 capped server) for NA? I think it'd be pretty cool to enjoy that old portion of the game, but that's a personal opinion from having played this game since closed beta @_@
This is also going based off the fact that I dunno what's going on with the Master Server in Korea since they introduced it and raised their level cap there to ... 55?

I'm also curious to hear the communities opinions on if they would regularly play a level 50 capped official server or if they would ignore it?  

Na Aion doesn't have the populations or the NC staff to  properly support 4 servers( hacking as an example etc etc) , even the 2 servers going to the populations still gonna be lower then should be.  No Point adding a 3rd server that further depletes the player base.  As much as I personally would enjoy a master server and have some nostalgia I just don't believe the community in NA has the population to support it.  Even if people come back to play it still gonna bleed people from the other servers and as we seen with the rollout of Beritra it just isn't gonna work.

Even after leaving the population part aside, I still do not find it viable.

1. People in NA do not like PvP and easily give up on anything they cannot complete in one day.
  2. Its "hype" will last nothing. Its the same game (same areas, same leveling progress), but capped. Endgame instances have minor differences, and gear is treated slightly different.
  3. Master Server is overrated. Its quite p2w and there is not much to do.

Not saying it is completely unoriginal. It does have its own features, like Heiron/Beluslan field battles and Inggison/Gelkmaros camps.

I don't lean either way. The people who continue to play Aion to this day are the people who will stick with it regardless of what happens with population.

To play devil's advocate for the Master Server though, a lot of people quit playing Aion because it became too grindy and complex. For all we know, implementing a Master Server could draw people back into the game because they're more comfortable playing with the older (simpler) versions than Aion's current iteration. At the very least, you'd draw people back from the private servers that run older versions of Aion. This would be a boon to our population in the short-term. I don't think population bleed would be much of an issue since people will get bored once they've reached level cap on Master Server and will return once they've accomplished their goals. There also doesn't seem to be any reason why people can't do both: complete dailies and exhaust instance entries on the main server, then swap over onto the Master Server to have some more lighthearted fun. I think there are quite a few people that twink, and they leave their characters on Fast-Track and swap back and forth playing mains/twinks. This wouldn't be any different.

Whether or not it makes economic sense is another story.

34 minutes ago, Keuroket-IS said:

I don't lean either way. The people who continue to play Aion to this day are the people who will stick with it regardless of what happens with population.

To play devil's advocate for the Master Server though, a lot of people quit playing Aion because it became too grindy and complex. For all we know, implementing a Master Server could draw people back into the game because they're more comfortable playing with the older (simpler) versions than Aion's current iteration. At the very least, you'd draw people back from the private servers that run older versions of Aion. This would be a boon to our population in the short-term. I don't think population bleed would be much of an issue since people will get bored once they've reached level cap on Master Server and will return once they've accomplished their goals. There also doesn't seem to be any reason why people can't do both: complete dailies and exhaust instance entries on the main server, then swap over onto the Master Server to have some more lighthearted fun. I think there are quite a few people that twink, and they leave their characters on Fast-Track and swap back and forth playing mains/twinks. This wouldn't be any different.

Whether or not it makes economic sense is another story.

Thing is...

Master server isn't a classic server of sorts, if you will. It has many of the same systems and skills and whatnot that already exist in our current version of Aion. It's not a throwback to 1.5, 2.5, 3.5, 4.5, etc. It's 4.8-5.6, more or less, with a few tweaks and changes and a level cap (that I think even comes with its own grindfest? I haven't followed the master server for a long time). People would realize that within a month, and it'd just be another dead-weight to manage. :/

4 minutes ago, Cheesecake-IS said:

Thing is...

Master server isn't a classic server of sorts, if you will. It has many of the same systems and skills and whatnot that already exist in our current version of Aion. It's not a throwback to 1.5, 2.5, 3.5, 4.5, etc. It's 4.8-5.6, more or less, with a few tweaks and changes and a level cap (that I think even comes with its own grindfest? I haven't followed the master server for a long time). People would realize that within a month, and it'd just be another dead-weight to manage. :/

I realize that. I know it has plumes and bracelets. I don't know if it involves stigma leveling but I assume it could have that as well. I think you'd agree with me that dropping essences, elemental transforms, special Archdaeva skills, Archdaeva crafting, PvE specific armor, Spire, and gear breaking does take some of the burdens of current Aion off of people's shoulders though. Aion 5.0 was when people started to really feel overwhelmed because of how quickly it made previous versions obsolete (virtually everything you worked for in previous versions is no longer viable), and I THINK Master Server is before all that. Do correct me if I'm mistaken.

Master Server works for Korea because their players pay-to-play as it is, so having it is just an added perk as a paying player. Koreans are also quite good about keeping "dead" games alive, which is why Lineage continues to do well there. Somewhat of a tangent, but StarCraft BroodWars is still a highly watched e-Sport there, and StarCraft Remastered is a thing because Koreans kept it alive for so long, and this helps explain why Master Server is even viable there.

Do I have doubts that it would work here? Absolutely. It's why I said I don't lean either way; it could work in the short-term by bringing back old players that quit, but it's long-term viability is suspect.

As of 5.6, on the master server it takes

• 58,504,838,529 exp for level 1 to 55
  • 10,664,607,273 exp for level 54 to 55.

Compared to normal servers, which take:

• 374,747,481,018 exp for level 1 to 75
  • 162,596,142,000 exp for level 74 to 75
  • 234,158,036,144 exp to get 27 additional CP at level 75 (level cap)

And additionally, in the game data:

• 212,018,420,019,754 exp for level 1 to 99
  • 27,165,744,395,704 exp for level 98 to 99
  • 29,185,843,359,773 exp to get 300 additional CP at level 99 (level cap)

Aion exp charts

Archived