Is Aion worth playing

GenericUser4363

Hello, Aion Community.  I'm wanting to find out from the community themselves if the game is worth investing my time into.  I played at launch and quit around level 30.  I've set up a new account and have gotten to level 22 or so and it seems to take a dive after 20 (the fun factor).  At any rate, I can afford to pay for a subscription based MMO, but I want to have the most enjoyable experience.  Would you recomend playing this game or a subscription based one?  How is the grind in Aion?  Is it pay-to-win?

Aion is free, so you may as well give it a whirl. Something brought you back to the game. You may as well keep at it for awhile longer and see how much you enjoy it.

I also have been playing since '09. Getting that first character to 50 back then was a slog and a half. I felt like I was carrying that character on my back while trying to walk through a river of tepid tar. Now you can get to 66 with little effort at all. 66 to 69 is a tad harder, but not bad at all. Leveling past 70 is going to take effort and 74 to 75 feels like the old days. BUT.. you get these nifty essence points every so often as you level, so at least the levels are broken up into bite sized pieces that give you smaller goals to work towards. 

If you put a great deal of money into this game, you will have nice things much much much faster than someone that doesn't spend a dime. All the neat things are attainable by the totally free player, it will just take them a ton more effort and time.

In the end, Aion will be what you put into it. If you are a totally solo player who wants everything right now without paying a dime.. you aren't going to like Aion. If you are a social person, find a good legion and some good friends and are okay the very best gear coming at a slow to moderate pace.. then you will enjoy the game.

I think the game failed personally but that's me - I really enjoy lineage 2 almost 2k player base and tons of stuff to do , Aion well low population , I will say this it is a beautiful game but the game play - to many hacks can make you quit. One time I was on Siel server and we did a siege , and no kidding we saw players flying in the sky that's when I said you know I don't need this game anymore. Maybe they have fixed some of the hacking not sure but just my two cents about Aion. 

I played this game for years, quit, came back several times.  Took over a year off, came back about a week ago.  As of the latest game update every time I launch it says "Aion Game Client has stopped working" and crashes.  Same sh*t, different year.

I've been on Aion for two years now, without a subscription account. And in my run of the game, I've had my ups and downs with it as well. At the beginning, it's definitely faster-paced, but as other people have mentioned in this thread, getting to higher levels can be a bit of a grind. With my main it took me a VERY long time to get her to over 65, but mostly that was due to me not playing every day. I'm more of a weekly player most of the time, especially when my Legion decides to do a game night on Sundays. But if you're the type of person that likes to play an MMO every day, I can see the repetitiveness of some quests being an issue, but really, that would depend on how you feel about grinding as a whole. But there are other things to do on Aion other than grinding, like crafting, Instances, and PvP.

As for Aion being P2W, I honestly don't think that's the case. Sure, there are some power-ups and things that can help you out in-game, but they're not required to play. I've only used the Black Cloud Marketplace once to get some things for my birthday, and even then a lot of the things on the Marketplace can be found in the Luna Workshop in-game depending on the day you log on, which requires crafting materials you get as drops from the Luna Dungeons that give out a LOT of EXP, one of which can be done daily (the other is done weekly). Even the skins you can get in the Marketplace, you can obtain as rare drops in certain areas.

Like Nyinu stated, Aion's one of those games that can be a good or bad experience depending on what you put into it. Personally, I enjoy it, both solo and with my Legion, but if I feel bored of it, I can always take a break from it when I need to do so.

I'd say no just cause I have been it for so long and noticed no matter what you can't keep up without super rng, giving a huge amount of time to the game from multiple accounts for events, or pay and well I had no more effort sadly to put into this. If you haven't been playing or coming back it will be slow but it's something to do? Good luck.

On 10/5/2017 at 6:20 AM, Meuralyl-IS said:

Hello, Aion Community.  I'm wanting to find out from the community themselves if the game is worth investing my time into.  I played at launch and quit around level 30.  I've set up a new account and have gotten to level 22 or so and it seems to take a dive after 20 (the fun factor).  At any rate, I can afford to pay for a subscription based MMO, but I want to have the most enjoyable experience.  Would you recomend playing this game or a subscription based one?  How is the grind in Aion?  Is it pay-to-win?

Why did you quit aion that is the first thing you have to ask your self. If you quit because you felt the game was to grindy well now the game is a hell of a lot more grindy then any other patch previously.

Before you had Gear + obtaining stigmas + level. If content is what you are looking for this may be the game for you it sure does not lack content if you are a dungeon grinder.

On 10/4/2017 at 3:50 PM, Meuralyl-IS said:

At any rate, I can afford to pay for a subscription based MMO, but I want to have the most enjoyable experience.  Would you recomend playing this game or a subscription based one?

It's rare that any F2P game can stand toe-to-toe with a subscription based game. Since you have the means, you should go for a subscription based game as it will likely provide more frequent content updates, better customer service, and in general, a friendlier and more helpful player base/community.

Is Aion worth playing. A question that is asked often. Saw the same question over at youtube as well, at the channel of mmobyte (though they called it is aion still worth playing in 2017)
Gonna say the same as over there. I would say yes and no. Much has changed since 5.0 and not always in a good way. With the expanding of fast track to level 65 and the addition of the fledgling daeva armors as well as removing the fortresses and artifacts in inggison (probably also gelkmaros) PvP in lower maps is dead, just plain dead. The maps itself feel dead as well, especially Cygnea and Lower Reshanta. No more being killed just outside eltnen fortress or near the altar of avarice. No more camping asmos near the entrance of rentus. And no sieges anymore at western siel fortress or being able to kill an asmo on the isle of disgrace or be on your guard when visiting leibo island.  It reminds me to the words of the sacred 2 soundtrack. "i'm bleeding, i'm fading, here in my final hours. long lost memories return and a voice keeps calling all dead and gone"
With the adding of the fledgling daeva armors the market is kinda dead now. On the broker you will now only see level 66+ stuff. If you got any low level manastones left, you can just throw them away, as they don't sell anymore. Same goes for low gear, such as judgment armor, you can just sell that to a npc now as it doesn't sell on the broker anymore.
On top of it that armor also make the silver coins gold coins, platinum coins,etc useless, since the armor and weapon you buy then with those coins has lower stats. You also get few pieces of those from nebrith/edandos with those growth quests. And the renewed/resurgent etc daevanion armors are obsolete as well now with the fledgling armors.
Also, many people left or are leaving, making aion feel empty at some places.

Is there no positive point at all? There is and that's why i also say a yes. Groups are luckily still made, also for those lower instances like fire temple. Maybe not so frequent as before, but it still happens. That there are many people leaving has also a bright side; the real douchebags left, making the game somewhat more friendlier. Though you have still those elitists.
It is still a nice game to play in with nice places around. Sure, it has no top of the bill graphics or so and you can see it's age, but it's not bad.

Is the removal (or more like the making redundant) of old content bad? People just have to accept a game changes. If they forced you to gear up with coin gear every single of your alts, manastoned it up, enchanted it (-shivers-), the game wouldnt have gone beyond 3.0. :P

On 10/13/2017 at 9:34 AM, Viraninde-DN said:

Same goes for low gear, such as judgment armor, you can just sell that to a npc now as it doesn't sell on the broker anymore.

I get low level stuff on alts, and I do put them on the broker -- IF THEY LOOK COOL. I know I'm not the only one who will grab cool-looking, cheap (1mil and lower) gear from the broker just to collect skins.

On top of it that armor also make the silver coins gold coins, platinum coins,etc useless, since the armor and weapon you buy then with those coins has lower stats.

Again, a lot of us like these for skins! The mithril coin gear, especially, is quite cute; the harp has a crown at the top of it. :3

You also get few pieces of those from nebrith/edandos with those growth quests.

Kinah, kinah, kinah, my friend! Sell everything! :)

Archived