event gear

Iamloveshaft-KT

hello ive recently came back to the game after a year break, or so and have been enjoying it alot but all of my old gear is pretty useless and i do no damage at all with any of my characters.the returning daeva stuff is pretty lackluster they used to give gear sets and stuff now we get motion tickets.i did get one chestplate and a weapon from the statues is there anywhere in the game to continue those quests to get the rest of the items, as ive tried joining groups a few groups since ive been back but they have said my hp is to low to do them.

Yes, pretty much old gear is useless. I dont know exactly what gear you using, get the lakrum gear( its not that good but will work as starter gear) from campaings and quets then do instances like FM (3 man instance that is not that hard to do,drops ancient weapon, accesories ) and BoS (solo intance that drops ancient armor) (Since you might be too squeshy for instances like PF and SL).

6 hours ago, Iamloveshaft-KT said:

ive tried joining groups a few groups since ive been back but they have said my hp is to low to do them.

I'm guessing you've tried to join IDD and PF groups. As a cleric, you obviously need to be able to stay alive. So people may be hesitant to take you to those if your HP is too low. IDD and PF are supposed to be done once you have the gear from BoS and FM, so do those instances and get that ancient gear first. Retune the pieces to have HP and heal boost. To retune, you click the little Modify/Enchant anvil when you select the gear piece in your inventory. You retune them with kinah.

Yea, your old gear is just skins now so if you like the look save it and any outfits you get while leveling you like until you get to level 80 and put in enough time doing the Genesis crystal or Pandora quests to at least get your end game PVE and\or PVP gear. Some items will only let you use them as skins once however there are a few instances you can repeat that give decent looking gear especially if your Prestige as I am. Even if not tho you usually can repeat these daily so once you get used to how things work now vs. how they used to you'll find your way and end up with halfway decent gear to start doing the bigger instances with.

As advice I wouldn't head to Demaha until you have at least Ancient genesis crystal PVP gear or better. With the level 76 Lakrum protector (PVE) or Lakrum scout (PVP) gear you'll find it hard to survive in Demaha unless you stay grouped with friends. Just FYI.

To the OP: Welcome Back!!

4 minutes ago, Iamloveshaft-KT said:

thank you all very much i leveled up so fast i didnt even notice the campaign quests and completely skipped them.i got the gold gear in the lakrum base and has made a considerable difference in my damage and the amount of damage i take.

Go to Bastion of Souls solo, and Frozen Monolith trio and try to get you some legendary items.

Then go do the pandora quests and you can get the 3rd best ultimate pve gear in game, in about 9 weeks you get the whole set: weapons, armors, accessories and wings.

then if you want to try to get even better pve you can do the higher instances for pve but it will mostly be a waste of time at least on this patch.

I don't know how many gold bars you have but for returning players they sell on the gold sands trader (little icon down by the menu).  Click on that Icon then click on Gold Ingot and you will see for PVE you can buy for 15 Gold bars you can buy a full set of legendary armor and for 25 gold bars can buy a legendary weapon.  These when plus up a bit with enchantment stones will cause enough damage to run most instances for pve.

5 minutes ago, HeartStrings-DN said:

I don't know how many gold bars you have but for returning players they sell on the gold sands trader (little icon down by the menu).  Click on that Icon then click on Gold Ingot and you will see for PVE you can buy for 15 Gold bars you can buy a full set of legendary armor and for 25 gold bars can buy a legendary weapon.  These when plus up a bit with enchantment stones will cause enough damage to run most instances for pve.

Maybe you already mentioned event gear being lackluster but I found it worked pretty well to get started running instances like FM/BOS and if plus up with enchantment stones to +6 or +7 maybe even get away with IDD to get better gear drops depending on what character type you are.

Archived