A Knife in the Heart

2s24112A-DN

So I've had to enter the Sillentera Corridor several times now because the enemies I'm supposed to kill either don't spawn, or don't register the kill, and I can't continue the quest until I've killed the specific amount. Maybe my connection is just bad but I can't complete this quest. Help?

Did you try logging in and out to see if the quest mobs spawn?

I don't think you can abandon that quest and restart it. If it allows you to abandon that quest, try that and then login and out and see if the quest pops up again.

Did you take your helper NPC with you? If you didn't, go back to her and pick her up. You need her to complete the questline.

If all else fails, you can try to contact support.

8 hours ago, 5s1623BD-DN said:

Same thing happened to me and to a friend, we've playing together with fresh characters, these mobs just die before we reach them and/or the kill don't register.
My guess is that our allied NPCs are KSing us

The allied NPCs kill extremely slowly. Super super slowly. If you went into the instance and maybe afked for 15 to 20 minutes, -maybe- those NPCs would kill all the quest mobs. 

2 minutes ago, DevilNest-KT said:

NCsoft supportlike as its finest

Lol. True! But I have done that quest dozens of times and never seen those quest mobs not spawn! Nor had I ever seen the NPCs kill them all. So...

10 minutes ago, Aly-DN said:

Lol. True! But I have done that quest dozens of times and never seen those quest mobs not spawn! Nor had I ever seen the NPCs kill them all. So...

I don't have accurate info but i heard several ppl complain about this quest after 7.2 update. (NC broke something after an update? Blasphemy they never do that!)

It seems the NPCs do more damage on quest targets than some players do.

I am having this issue as well. relogging actually puts you back outside the instance with the mob counter reset. I tried bursting through when i got back in but that didnt work. Not only were some of those mobs already half dead or more, but i still couldnt get them to register. This was on my Spiritmaster. I will see if my cleric does any better.

Update: i tried entering with my friend and apparently it seems to be a solo instance. they managed to complete on vandal but i cant manage to get it done on cleric. i even leveled up to level 62 and had new gear. the best i got after multiple tries was 8/9 mobs. Also I was using food and drink buff, plus transformation potion/scroll, and attack shards.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had the same problem few times entries from now with 2 characters 1 spiritmaster 1 ranger! It is impossible for me to do more than 3 out of 9 and i used buffs and transformations as well! Why we are getting quests impossible to be done?

P.S. Its almost worthless to speak more about the dozens of deaths got before the Silentera Entrance on when catched by that lv60 mob or the 2 eye towers (which surprisingly seems to be your faction eye towers and aim on the enemy are aiming on player continuously to an unavoidable death..)

• 2 weeks later...

gez leveling has been frustrating DYING like a stupid in Dragon blood canyon cause agro (u pull like 4 mobs 1 boss and 3 plus whatever is around!) took me like 10 deaths to finish quest after leaving the dungeon 

now this quest , 8 tries , how i did it? sorc 63 i think , DP 4000 , food , transformation and break the rock fast , and like madman rushed mobs using CDs , and long CD spells used like no tomorrow gez what a bad taste .

i wonder how other classes do it , sorc has burst , but what about templar ,chanter , sm , cleric ....better come back at 80 or what? 

lower the dmg of the npcs by 90% 

• 1 month later...

I am a lv 80 SM with all the default gear with the titan coin red orb. used bunch of food and transforms and made over a dozen attempts now, i still cannot kill anything in time what a horrible quest. Is this a feature or is it a bug? Will this get fixed anytime soon because this is really annoying me that I cannot advance with a main quest in the game. And I have another 6 quests (SIX) that are also bugged, god know what else is waiting for me.

Sorry for the rant but I feel like i really need to vent. This is an older game I do not understand why it has so many broken things about it.

NCSOFT please do something for the love of god. And please do something about this absolutely horrid lag. Even though I am a very new player I am really starting to regret spending some money on this game for a mount and pet. If i knew it was gonna be this bad of an experience I would never have come here. But alas, sunken cost fallacy...

On 6/12/2020 at 5:16 PM, Loki said:

The NPCs respawn in 7.5, so just wait and kill another when they're at full hp.

Most of the NPC's do respawn but take like 10 minutes however the last named npc does not I went in and afk once for a bit and had to relog and reneter to finish it. Also  @Loki can you check into the archon fighter mark medals we are still getting them from all pvp instances but Skamish who was relocated to gelk does not allow you to turn the quest in. On a new alt tho it did offer all the quest but after that you cant finish it (turn in 25).

• Daeva
On 6/13/2020 at 7:28 PM, Euphoria-DN said:

Most of the NPC's do respawn but take like 10 minutes however the last named npc does not I went in and afk once for a bit and had to relog and reneter to finish it. Also  @Loki can you check into the archon fighter mark medals we are still getting them from all pvp instances but Skamish who was relocated to gelk does not allow you to turn the quest in. On a new alt tho it did offer all the quest but after that you cant finish it (turn in 25).

Well as long as you're able to at least complete it now.

I'll look into the fighter marks, I'm pretty sure it's related to something else so I think I know why it may not be working right now.

Thank you

2 minutes ago, Loki said:

Well as long as you're able to at least complete it now.

I'll look into the fighter marks, I'm pretty sure it's related to something else so I think I know why it may not be working right now.

Thank you

Hi loki we need a upgrade for Abyssal splinter since rewards are outdated (7.2)

any Item from this patch (7.5) like Ancient Refining Stones, Ancient Sanctify Potions, Gemstones or Runes should be okay

Archived