Winds of Change BOS should be Class only

Smoker-DN

What's the point of making the drop table for the Sovereing's gear not class only, Bastion Of Souls instance is a 1 player only based and the normal drop is just for the class that is doing the instance making the drop not trade time available or 1 time pass on gear that is not for your class make it a nightmare you guys should let us being able to trade the gear via warehouse at least.

We all have found ways how this event would be "better" for the players, but I am sure either the GMs didn't think of it well enough or maybe we should be "happy" we get ulti drops with end game gear in  starter instances.

But a combination of really low drop rates and pure RNG on what items we get, made this event awful for the majority of people, especially those of us who spent more time and got nothing or even worse those who spend lunas or reset scroll to get more entries and still got nothing (or got useless items).

Now if BoS had class based drops only, I would personally start spamming it like there is no tomorrow even with low drop rates.

Agreed,  I mean whomever designed these events either clearly never worked on Aion, or didn't have even a basic review of their work by someone who has even a basic idea of of the gameplay.

@Cyanthis isn't even a bad idea since it discourages  new and returning players,  as pointed out it's a stupid idea from a business perspective for a lot of the community since we see this and won't even bother with the manastone  event (1) no gear to socket and (2) even less confidence in having good events in future.

For those of  you pointing out that currently we have some good events - I fully agree - and I'm very happy to get the transforms and some items- but gear?  RNG does not favor everyone and what was done in BOS for this event is particularly stupid.

The reasonable and logical implementation would just mean to make it the armor box and weapon box. That way you still have to do it on the main/alt toon you want and spam it.  BoS at the very least should be armor box if they don't want the weapon there/or be class specific loot only.  Sovereign Armor box is already in game with the Windiel quest reward. 

11 hours ago, Malachyte-KT said:

The reasonable and logical implementation would just mean to make it the armor box and weapon box. That way you still have to do it on the main/alt toon you want and spam it.  BoS at the very least should be armor box if they don't want the weapon there/or be class specific loot only.  Sovereign Armor box is already in game with the Windiel quest reward. 

Exactly, this way there would be no loot rights possible, the only RNG should have been that you get a random item for your class when you do get the box to drop. This way we would all do it on our mains and we would have to reset instead of running 100 free runs from alts and loot righting everything to our mains.

I feel like there was really only 1 way to screw-up this event up and they figured out how and then implemented it.

RNG for a solo instance. GENIUS!!!

For a game that's been around for 10 years you think they would've figured this crap out by now.

23 minutes ago, Gorokai-DN said:

I feel like there was really only 1 way to screw-up this event up and they figured out how and then implemented it.

RNG for a solo instance. GENIUS!!!

For a game that's been around for 10 years you think they would've figured this crap out by now.

I think this was intentional, they still think that they will make money from people resetting with luna or BCM scrolls. Right now they are not making a dime, FM is risiel alt friendly so everyone can run an insane amount of times the instance and loot right everything.

If they wanted money, it would have been a box, not loot-right possible, and whoever got it would get a random item for his class. This way we would all be forced to run with our mains over and over again.

Just now, Arhangelos-KT said:

I think this was intentional, they still think that they will make money from people resetting with luna or BCM scrolls. Right now they are not making a dime, FM is risiel alt friendly so everyone can run an insane amount of times the instance and loot right everything.

If they wanted money, it would have been a box, not loot-right possible, and whoever got it would get a random item for his class. This way we would all be forced to run with our mains over and over again.

So WTF are their intentions then? Just to purposely do a poor job at making and releasing new content?

Archived