emergency maint

waffles

• Aion Team

Hello! We have just updated the Maintenance Notes to add the following changes, which are currently being deployed:

Content Changes

• Adjusted the portal spawn for Divine Fortress so it properly lines up with the new siege times.
  • Changed the competitive season rewards for GP and the Arena of Discipline so they provide the rewards directly, instead of via a quest NPC.

Gameplay Bug Fixes

• Fixed an issue where the protective buff on the Guardian Deity of the Altar of Avarice would not be removed.
  • Removed some unobtainable equipment from the Item Guide.
  • Fixed an issue where the Esoterrace entrance had disappeared.

We estimate that the downtime will last around an hour more, but this is never a hard number (could be shorter or longer). Thanks for your patience!

Hello!

I'm new of this forum thing, and started to play aion just a couple days ago, i'm a returning player.

It's ok for me, if there need an emergency maintenance, or something went wrong, and had to shut down the servers for a while to fix something. It's ok, if need to change something, BUT maybe i'm a noob, or whatever, but don't seen any quick text on the website about that. I HAD to looking for answers, and search a whole forum to find this post. I don't know, how its works, but can you guys take a little section on the website about server status AND/OR a quick reminder about "hey, don't try to log-in, we have some work with servers, they are down at this time, thanks for your patience :)" or something like that, and don't make me be a detective to find out, what is going on?

Thanks!

2 minutes ago, AshlineeNun-KT said:

Hello!

I'm new of this forum thing, and started to play aion just a couple days ago, i'm a returning player.

It's ok for me, if there need an emergency maintenance, or something went wrong, and had to shut down the servers for a while to fix something. It's ok, if need to change something, BUT maybe i'm a noob, or whatever, but don't seen any quick text on the website about that. I HAD to looking for answers, and search a whole forum to find this post. I don't know, how its works, but can you guys take a little section on the website about server status AND/OR a quick reminder about "hey, don't try to log-in, we have some work with servers, they are down at this time, thanks for your patience :)" or something like that, and don't make me be a detective to find out, what is going on?

Thanks!

check aion ops twitter

https://twitter.com/aionops?lang=en

• Aion Team

@awkward-DN  Maintenance patch did not go entirely as planned and required a hotfix, which was just deployed. We updated the maintenance notes shortly after the patch was deployed to reflect this. See the updates in the top of the thread here if you are interested more: https://forums.aiononline.com/topic/7006-weekly-server-maintenance-july-15-2020/

11 minutes ago, AshlineeNun-KT said:

Hello!

Thanks!

Thanks for the feedback. As others pointed out, you will want to keep an eye on the Ops Twitter, but this is still valuable perspective, especially when we consider the experience of returning or new players such as yourself.

49 minutes ago, awkward-DN said:

check aion ops twitter

https://twitter.com/aionops?lang=en

No shade to you, you just threw the info here, but I do not have twitter nor have I ever used one though, why would we need twitter to learn about the game? How about they put this in their own actual site, int he front page, letting people know if the servers are online or not.

I have been using 3rd party sites that show the status on servers.

13 hours ago, Vorias-KT said:

How about they put this in their own actual site, int he front page, letting people know if the servers are online or not.

If you click the Support button on the main Aion website, the tweets are embedded in the page it takes you to (the support page). You don't have to actually go to Twitter to read them.

2 hours ago, awkward-DN said:

No shade to you but it's 2020 and everything is run by social media.  Step it up and pay attention or get left behind, but don't fault them for leaving you behind when the information is there.

No need for anyone to "step up" - for one thing- not everyone wants to use social media . More than one person has said in the past that find information for Aion is not intuitive so saying that information "is there"  has served to push away a lot of people in discouragement.

However, as @Vantheria-DN very helpfully indicated however you don't actually have to go to Twitter to read the updates, but that may not be very clear. . I used to use private pages that provide status updates and it would be helpful and clearer and faster  to have a status widget on the main page that shows each server's current status (i.e. up, down, or maintenance.

17 hours ago, Vorias-KT said:

why would we need twitter to learn about the game?

probably they use twitter coz the notification system, you can quickly get the info, in your phone, e-mail, discord etc etc, without the need of you to constanly check the website.

3 hours ago, Rapier-DN said:

No need for anyone to "step up" - for one thing- not everyone wants to use social media . More than one person has said in the past that find information for Aion is not intuitive so saying that information "is there"  has served to push away a lot of people in discouragement.

However, as @Vantheria-DN very helpfully indicated however you don't actually have to go to Twitter to read the updates, but that may not be very clear. . I used to use private pages that provide status updates and it would be helpful and clearer and faster  to have a status widget on the main page that shows each server's current status (i.e. up, down, or maintenance.

only difference between going to social media and a third party to find your information about the aion servers is what you type into your browser.

I don't use social media either but you have to realize that they do.  If you haven't noticed by the pay model in this game they're really not here to cater to you and what you want.

Please remember before you start saying things like "it would be helpful to have a widget on the main page" (even though it would,) every time NC "adds," "changes," or "fixes," something, another ten things break.  So by adding that widget, we'll probably log in to see our characters at level one or our gear wiped. 

Archived