Luna crashes.

GenericUser62

Some annoying occurrences and a change.

8.aug.2017

I think I'm starting to crash more in Luna (just anecdotal), I wouldn't mind so much, except that when you crash, though you may still be able to get the skin tissue to finish the quest and the molar en route to finish the other pink quest, it seems that you won't get any of the reward (Contaminated Underpath Highest Grade Bundle (S) nor Contaminated Underground Path High Grade Reward Bundle (A)).

Also, at times, when I see I'm low on health, I go under the green bottle to get my health back to 100%, and I know I'm under it, and I still die, and the green bottle dissapears, thus I know I was under it in plenty of time ... oh well.

Also annoying is that once in awhile, I would get fatty down to say 25% of his health (going for an S rating), then fatty will go all the way back where he came from and gets back to full health! The only theory I have about this is that instead of defecating his green poop all over the place he actually goes to the bathroom at the back, and he is so relieved that he gets all his health back! 

9.aug.2017 (after the regular wednesday update)

I crashed early on Luna, but this time, after logging back in, the Frontal Barricade was down, and nearly the Rear Barricade (eventually fell), and I had to finish off the remaining mobs. Thus, I was at least able to get a Contaminated Underpath Normal Bundle (B rating). I guess it's better than no bundle whatsoever. I received all 4 Crystals from the B bundle.

Blessings all.

Luna's been crashing a lot since 5.6 patch has been applied. As you said, if you can't log back in time you won't recieve any rewards. Also, with changes you're no longer guaranteed an S rank even if you get enough crystals to spawn the best weapons. If you get the zombies chances are your front barricade will go down no matter what you do.

I understand changes had to be done for free players not to get any more free stuff by AFKing, god forbid they might reach acceptable gear and give P2Ws a hard time in pvp, but not being able to get stuff by actually playing, with the client crashing all the time, it's just not right.

Here is the updated Aion 5.6 changes for Taki's Mission rewards so far (taken from my previous post) and merged with any new info since as a handy guide.

1. Contaminated Underpath Special Pouch (the three choices):

Luna's Light

Level reduction stone

Essence Core Solution (2)

2. Some of the random stuff that I have so far obtained (all untradeable). 

a. Contaminated Underpath Highest Grade Bundle (S rating):

Shining Scroll Bundle, Ancient Goblet Bundle, Zereka Aether Jelly, Administrator's Boon, and Enchantment Stone of the Empyrean Lord, as well as Flawless Crystal, Cloudy Crystal, Chipped Cystal, Clear Crystal, and Luna's Light.

b. Contaminated Underground Path High Grade Reward Bundle (A rating):

So far, I've randomly gotten all 4 crystals as well as Luna's Light, Administrator's Boon, Ancient Goblet Bundle, and a Shining Scroll bundle.

c. Contaminated Underpath Normal Bundle (B rating):

All 4 Crystals.

3.Luna's Blessing is now Depleted Luna's Blessing (will not be used anymore), but when you right click on it you get two Flawless Crystal, one Cloudy Crystal, and one Luna's Light to replace it!

4. Luna Material Chest

Drops any of the 4 Crystals and Luna's Light randomly.

One thing I do appreciate a lot is being able to log in at the first try in the new forum, it use to take me forever to log in, and sometimes I would give up and try the next day. 
A welcome change.

Blessings all.

11.aug.2017

Crashed again the very first time running Luna today (Taki's mission). I logged back in, just in time to see the Frontal Barricade fall, and I did get an A rating though, since the Rear Barricade did not fall. 

But unlike yesterday, when I also crashed and got a B rating (a Contaminated Underpath Normal Bundle), this time ... I got no bundle whatsoever. I hope they fix all these crashes, or at least give the Bundle appropriate for the rating aquired. A bit erratic concerning rewards.

Blessings all.

5 hours ago, Cyan said:

There have been a few reported quirks from the most recent update. We will forward the issues to be investigated by the devs, thank you!

Cyan, could you please bring my issue to the devs too. And my friend has the same issue as well, his client crash when teleporting from inside of Redemption Landing to outside using the door. These issues are similar, just different place. Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

21.aug.2017

A rather interesting scenario occured today,

I was doing Taki's mission when the game crashed (still happening consistently I'm afraid). When I finally was able to log back in, the Frontal Barricade had collapsed, and the Rear Barricade was under attack. I was able to get rid of fatty and was pleasantly surprised by an S rating!

It had actually occured to me before this happened that it was possible to get an S rating if you were able to get rid of those Saam's beforehand (yielding 100k), which I was able to do just before the game crashed, and lo and behold, theory coincided with reality!

Blessings all!

22.aug.2017

I've noticed that when the game crashes (I'm guessing around 4 out of 7 days), it usually happens at the first attempt in playingTaki's mission (not all the time mind you).

I've also noticed that the loading time after a crash is usually 2 to 3 times longer than when one first logs in for the day, and usually doesn't crash thereafter (though I've crashed more than once before also). Something to help the devs mull over and maybe lessen the crashes (I also usually send in the reports when it crashes).

Blessings all.

• 3 months later...

Are these Luna Crashes being addressed? I am growing tired of DAILY crashes. By time I am able to relog I have gone from S grade run to both barriers being down for B grade. Never had this issue prior to the merge... now is a daily occurrence. 

1 hour ago, Crowe-DN said:

Are these Luna Crashes being addressed? I am growing tired of DAILY crashes. By time I am able to relog I have gone from S grade run to both barriers being down for B grade. Never had this issue prior to the merge... now is a daily occurrence. 

Instead of bumping an inactive 3 month old post, why not make a new one? 

19 hours ago, Crowe-DN said:

Heres something thats helped me, might help you. 

I run Luna multiple times over multiple characters and accounts daily. I noticed that the more I run it, the more likely the chance of a crash. Which usually happen by the time I get to the last run/toon. After that it crashes during luna runs almost constantely. So when that happens, I go into my Aion folder, delete the "bin 32", "bin64", an "data" folders, then run "repair" from the start up.

It clears up the problem up for a few days or so, then as the runs accumulate, I notice it happens again. Rinse/repeat. Leads me to believe that somehow some form of data is exponentially piling up in one of those aforementioned folders and eventually when it reaches a certain point, it starts causing crashes.

Not a coder or programmer by any stretch of the imagination, just an amateur observation. Hope it helps somehow.

Archived