A word at least (classic)

Megaburst-DN

22 hours ago, Ferk-DN said:

NCsoft's Q4 2020 report came out recently, and it seems that Aion Classic more than doubled the revenue for Aion, and it's only available in Korea so far!

B&S took a hit for the quarter, so I assume a chunk of those players churned to Aion Classic.

You can read the Q4 report from here  https://kr.ncsoft.com/en/ir/irArchive/earningsRelease.do

B&S took a hit for the quarter due to a longer than normal content drought. This was to help create artificial hype for the mobile B&S mobile that was recently announced. I think it makes sense that these players would of picked up Aion classing during the drought but now B&S mobile was announced for Q1 of 2021 chances are they will lose them from Aion again.

Q1 will really tell us the important story of Aion classic.

I also think @Megaburst-DN the reason they have said nothing about Classic is due to a few reasons. The major reason being tho we are like 7 months out of our anniversary and this was an anniversary surprise in Korea so chances are we will not see it till our Anniversary here in 

There's been two new servers that opened last month due to pretty much every server being at max capacity.

It's crazy active, but there's been a lot of the same old aion problems. They have however already done developer Q&As to touch on the problems (faction imbalance, and cheaters are some of the top problems... as usual.)

On 2/10/2021 at 3:56 PM, Arhangelos-KT said:

There is already a mega-thread about this and a petition included. But if they implement an aion classic in NA, they would probably have to close the retail, like only some p2w whales that invested thousands of $$ in retail would stick to it.

If they follow Lineage 2 style, they may implement classic within retail and you can just choose from server selection. Most unlikely, however, since both version would collide with each other.

1 minute ago, Kubei-DN said:

If they follow Lineage 2 style, they may implement classic within retail and you can just choose from server selection. Most unlikely, however, since both version would collide with each other.

I believe they already touched on this and said it is impossible that is why it has its own separate download so you can not have both classic and retail open with the same log-in.

Some game mechanics differences between Classic and Refly.

Physical attack skills:

• Classic
    • Weapon Damage + Skill damage - Increase Physical Defense Boost / 10
      • Weapon Damage = Base Weapon Damage + Plus Attack damage bonuses
        • Base Weapon Damage = Equipment Damage from Weapon + Attack from gear enchantments + Power Shards
        • Examples of Plus Attack Damage Bonuses: +Attack manastones
        • Skill that gives +% attack are calculated on the Base Weapon Damage, and that value is added in as Plus Attack damage bonuses
  • Refly
    • Skill damage * (1 + Net Physical Attack / 1,000) * 100%
      • Net Physical Attack = Attacker's Physical Attack + Attacker's PvE or PvP Attack - Defender's Physical Defense - Defender's PvP Defense

Critical chance:

• Classic
    • (Attacker's Physical or Magical Crit - Defender's Strike or Spell Resist) / 1000
    • Max 50%
  • Refly
    • Attacker's Physical or Magical Crit * 170 / (Attacker's Physical or Magical Crit + 24,000)
    • Same formula for block, parry

Magic resist

• Classic
    • Net Magical Resist / 1,000 * 100%
      • Net Magical Resist = Attacker's Magical Accuracy - Defender's Magic Resist
    • Max 90% at early versions
    • Max 50% at later versions (around 4.x)
    • Same formula for evasion, block, parry
      • Evasion max 30%
      • Block max 50%
      • Parry max 40%
  • Refly
    • Net Magical Resist * 120 / (Net Magical Resist + 24,000)
    • Same formula for evasion

Honestly, if NCWest wanted to make aion more lively this is the solution. But it has to go back to the way it was.. EXACTLY the way it was. Not implementing p2w here and there, or giving advantages to player for spending ungodly amounts of money on the classic version. We need the original BCM with the old skins and all of that good stuff. I know theres probably a bit of players that would return and purchase skins for nostalgia alone. Aion Classic is a GREAT idea and if NCWest plays their cards right it could revive the game by using the OG players... but thats IF they play their cards right. Having a game thats 99% rng based, with that rng sucking. and being such a mega p2w thing is the reason why aion is dying. It feels theres no reward from playing. Someone can play the game for months to get maxed gear and everything, but then someone else comes around and buys it all in a week.. its just not how an MMO should be ran. If Aion Classic came out, personally I know id be going back to it and who knows maybe id spend a couple bucks on some of those skins, but its not something im getting my hopes up for. Even if Aion Classic is released under NA, theres a high chance itll be changed or altered to fit NCWests agenda while damaging the game overall and in the end ruining the player base. 

Having a game thats 99% rng based, with that rng sucking. and being such a mega p2w thing is the reason why aion is dying.

This where i get lost when people are arguing for classic. Aion classic was always 100% RNG based. Manastone socketing RNG based, Enchanting RNG based. The amount of AP you get from instances RNG based. Crafting procced items RNG based. Like everything is rng in classic it is simply the attainable goals are realistic.

1 hour ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

This where i get lost when people are arguing for classic. Aion classic was always 100% RNG based. Manastone socketing RNG based, Enchanting RNG based. The amount of AP you get from instances RNG based. Crafting procced items RNG based. Like everything is rng in classic it is simply the attainable goals are realistic.

But you just said it yourself, RNG is there but it is not driving the goals. 6.5 also had RNG in enchants, sockets, crafts etc... but you could get your end game pvp gear from doing pvp  instances, your end game pve from doing pve instances. Eventualy you did the goal.

Now there is no goal, many things are hidden behind hard mode instances that are impossible and others are based exclusively in p2w tactics.

In 6.x when you got your Lakrum pvp +15 and a legendary transform, you were ready to pvp and do everything.
In 7.x getting bitterthorn+15 is the first stage to be able to get out of town and legendary transform is what ancient tranform was in 6.x.

It is Runes with RNG, Gemstones with RNG, Slots with RNG, Drops with insane weapons with RNG etc

2 hours ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

Yeah but you can get manastones and enchant stones way easier on Classic, they are all tradeable too.

4 hours ago, Ferk-DN said:

Yeah but you can get manastones and enchant stones way easier on Classic, they are all tradeable too.

This type of RNG is not a real game breaker, and if classic comes now most people will be wise to have more than 1 chars to farm those things and trade them to their mains. We were learning the game back then and I remember people making posts about how impossible is to socket all 6 slots (if one failed they all went poof, then they implemented the supplements and then the felicitous socketing, which then they removed from game to re-implement it later with the flawless socket manastone thing).

But if classic comes now, with all the RNG diarrhea we were fed all these years, nobody would complain about that simple RNG.

Archived