Make more space in server-wide instances

Laurellenne-KT

So now that you dumped us all on 2 servers you closed us out of being able to play the game. Great going!!!!   Applied to Pandamonium Defense as soon as it opened and couldn't get in.  So this is what happens to someone who has play since Beta.  Thank you.  Looks like it may be time to look for a new game if you can't take the players who have been loyal for so long into consideration.

The problem isn't that you didn't get a pop. The problem is the sheer number of players that put in afk alts. Kick the alts and people go nuts. Don't kick the alts and those that don't get in go nuts. It is a lose-lose proposition. There isn't an answer that makes everyone happy.

Luck, as Cheesecake said, but also because sometimes the "pops" don't work quite right.

For example, have you ever sat in queue for Arena of Chaos/Discipline for 10 minutes and then it finally pops. But when you enter (clicking immediately, not waiting), the match has already begun? You didn't get your two minutes to prepare? Yeah. Sometimes things go wrong. So even if someone applies to Panda/Sanctum Defense immediately, the instance may take someone else who applies after. It's not a perfect creation.

What I find odd is that there will be a space or two in several alliances but those waiting outside don't get a pop. Alliances leaders kick afkers and those spots don't get filled by those waiting outside. Not sure how the queue works, tbh.

11 minutes ago, Vantheria-DN said:

...sometimes the "pops" don't work quite right.

For example, have you ever sat in queue for Arena of Chaos/Discipline for 10 minutes and then it finally pops. But when you enter (clicking immediately, not waiting), the match has already begun? You didn't get your two minutes to prepare? Yeah. Sometimes things go wrong...

Not quite. All instances have a set time limit for which the system will continue to search for participants up until the spot is filled. I believe the timer is set for roughly 5-10 minutes AFTER the match has started. That's why you can queue into a finished IDL (LOL other team too stronk), get thrown into arenas that have already started, and generally get dumped into bad circumstances. Usually this happens because someone queued, the system was triggered, and the person either timed out or disconnected/dropped from the instance early, so the system goes back to finding a replacement. So, working as intended, just not particularly favorable for players that end up subbing in. 

5 minutes ago, Forgotten-DN said:

Not quite. All instances have a set time limit for which the system will continue to search for participants up until the spot is filled. I believe the timer is set for roughly 5-10 minutes AFTER the match has started. That's why you can queue into a finished IDL (LOL other team too stronk), get thrown into arenas that have already started, and generally get dumped into bad circumstances. Usually this happens because someone queued, the system was triggered, and the person either timed out or disconnected/dropped from the instance early, so the system goes back to finding a replacement. So, working as intended, just not particularly favorable for players that end up subbing in. 

Ah, I didn't realize this. Thanks for the info. :)

1 hour ago, Aly-DN said:

What I find odd is that there will be a space or two in several alliances but those waiting outside don't get a pop. Alliances leaders kick afkers and those spots don't get filled by those waiting outside. Not sure how the queue works, tbh.

Haven't participated in Dredgion Defense for awhile, but it was mentioned that DN Elyos had enough players for two concurrent instances of it last week.

I suspect the reason it doesn't sub in players that were kicked is for the following reasons:

1. The instance only starts after the requisite amount of players and appropriate classes have queued. After this, it keeps a small number of players marked as substitutes in case people time out or drop within a set time limit. After the time limit is up, the no one else can enter regardless if people are kicked. If people are kicked within the time limit, the only people that can sub in are the required classes (e.g.: a cleric was AFK and booted, so the system determined that a healer class was needed, even though there are 10 other people waiting to enter).

2. The remaining players that are queued for the instance that DO NOT fill the class requirement are pushed off onto the second instance queue. This is problematic because there are two queues for approximately 370 players each. I noticed that the queue no longer times you out after a set period either, so you won't know whether or not you're stuck wait-listed on the first instance queue which already started, or on the second queue waiting for enough players to start the instance.

Just my guess though since I also ended up waiting for 30+ minutes yesterday for a Defense that didn't pop. I know I was dropped into the second instance list, but we never managed to get enough people to even start it. People that complained about being kicked in LFG only started to materialize approximately 20 minutes after the first Defense started, so I guess the queue for the first Defense had already closed by then.

I do my part by not queing for it at all you can have my spot :-),  that said only been 2 weeks after merge and some stuff is gonna be iinconveient for a while like dredge defense, panasterra, bugs, like the minion pet etc.  Give them some time and see if they fix but as others said the problem isn't necessarily how they coded the player limit the issue is the greedy playerbase who need to have 2, 3, 4 or 5 toons in it.

16 hours ago, Laurellenne-KT said:

So now that you dumped us all on 2 servers you closed us out of being able to play the game. Great going!!!!   Applied to Pandamonium Defense as soon as it opened and couldn't get in.  So this is what happens to someone who has play since Beta.  Thank you.  Looks like it may be time to look for a new game if you can't take the players who have been loyal for so long into consideration.

The first few times I queued for this on Siel I didn't get in either.  I was skipping it on Beritra in order to have a chance at S rank on another server.  You just have to queue super quick - just like you do in Panesterra.  I've got into the instance the last 5 times I've tried on Siel.  The amount of time you've played the game makes no difference here - queue faster lol.

54 minutes ago, Jaimie-KT said:

Nope. It's not the system.  384 people queued faster than you.  

Several people from my legion and myself queued exactly 5 minutes after vuln (6:05) and got into a 2nd, separate League/Coalition.  We waited for about 10 minutes, but still got in. Was glad since the other League got an A rank in their instance while ours got an S rank. 

Archived