Aion 8.0: full Patch notes

Arkanus-DN

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Legion system has undergone a major rework. The higher the legion's renown, the greater the benefits available. Renown Shop, Teleport, access to territories, etc.

..more exclusive content for legions.

When night falls , a special NPC who sells necessary and limited items will appear.
NPCs with limited quests will also appear for help.

Depending on what this is, I get some melloon exclusive sales vibes from this.

- Daevanion Talent System added.
- When your character reaches levels 81, 82, 83, 84 and 85 you will learn 1 Talent (the first) of three available. The other two can be purchased using Daevanion Talent Skillbooks.
- You can exchange your talents according to your personal taste. To change talents, you need the help of the NPC Daevanion Master, located in the main cities.

...why does that give me Archdaeva vibes too with the archdaeva skill point system?

Exclusive inventory for mounts has been added to the game.

Can I put all my hoarded mount collection there at least?

Sand's Illusion and Soul Fighter's set. The sets have unified PVE and PVP status, they can be used for any purpose.

Unified stats are fine

- Sieges will now award participants only with PVE Enchantment Stone. PVP Enchantment stone cannot be used on new equipment, but it can be exchanged for PVE Enchantment Stone.

- Old instances have undergone several nerfs, and old equipment can now be used for Item collections.

Yeah, they made their stance on disliking pvp in aion during 7.x when they made everything related to pvp either obsolete or just blatant unfair.

At this pace we have an option: play Diablo I & II solo for doing pve only and reliving the nice story telling, or do 100 IDD runs per week since the amount is changed to 100 now? 

6 hours ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

..more exclusive content for legions.

This is talking about the NPC groups that will be the leaders of the artifacts. It is in the reputation list for the map. Its not Legion as in Guild. There a 5 legions on the map the rein one, the popoku one, and 3 that are either elyos or asmo. These are the legion you gain rep or renown with. The Legion(guild) changes were 7.9

6 hours ago, Iostcrazyman-KT said:

This is talking about the NPC groups that will be the leaders of the artifacts. It is in the reputation list for the map. Its not Legion as in Guild. There a 5 legions on the map the rein one, the popoku one, and 3 that are either elyos or asmo. These are the legion you gain rep or renown with. The Legion(guild) changes were 7.9

This one is like when we had abyss tiers by doing weeklies etc I assume. We needed to get to level 9 or something for some NPCs to spawn and sell goodies.

- Legion Reputation Points can be acquired by completing Legion Quests.

- When Legion’s reputation level rises, additional benefits like teleportation and exclusive shops become available.

- Legion Reputation operates on a seasonal basis, and there is no weekly deduction.

Thanks for that work translating it for us. I'm happy to see they merge pve and pvp gear, it's true that with enchantment/retuning/gem or rune socketing it's very hard and costly to get multiple gear sets (without mentioning how hard it is to farm even 1 full end-game set).

There is a lot of content in this new map the server has been up on KR now for 7hr and I have barely scratched the surface of the new stuff. It took me 2hr to level to 85 but I listened to friends and stacked a ton of repeatable turn ins so I just just spam them for turn in. There were skill changes they did not say in the patch notes. Some skills are changed to DP skills and some are changed to give DP on use. When you ding each level you are given from what I have seen is the first skill in each picture that was listed of skills from the daevanion traits. I would definetely say that the yornforged and paragon aside from the new gear is the only gear viable the gear jump is pretty huge. Its more than +9 that will be even with the new gear for paragon prob 10/11. yornforged is 100% but its 500 essence and 500 xp marks not awful since its 100% chance but yikes. When you are out of combat for too long you lose DP each class has a few skills that gain DP and some of the other L.85 abilities recover DP through proc as well. I am still trying to find out all this stuff as well but it is a lot of stuff

1 hour ago, Iostcrazyman-KT said:

There is a lot of content in this new map the server has been up on KR now for 7hr and I have barely scratched the surface of the new stuff. It took me 2hr to level to 85 but I listened to friends and stacked a ton of repeatable turn ins so I just just spam them for turn in. There were skill changes they did not say in the patch notes. Some skills are changed to DP skills and some are changed to give DP on use. When you ding each level you are given from what I have seen is the first skill in each picture that was listed of skills from the daevanion traits. I would definetely say that the yornforged and paragon aside from the new gear is the only gear viable the gear jump is pretty huge. Its more than +9 that will be even with the new gear for paragon prob 10/11. yornforged is 100% but its 500 essence and 500 xp marks not awful since its 100% chance but yikes. When you are out of combat for too long you lose DP each class has a few skills that gain DP and some of the other L.85 abilities recover DP through proc as well. I am still trying to find out all this stuff as well but it is a lot of stuff

Did they give classes new DP skills? Because I as a sorc have no DP skill worthy of trying, they are either sleeps or that big aoe skill and they all have ridiculously high cool downs.

Also in NA we can reach level 85 in 1 minute if not less, Abyssal Splinter's XP crystals give 5% of your skill bar, 20x of them = 1 new level, 100x of them =+5 levels (and that is without berind favor buff).

Can you do a check please? Take an experience extractor and use it and tell us how much of your Xp bar it is removing so we can calculate approximately how much XP is in the whole bar. Because I find it highly irritating that the level 80 XP bar hols merely 2 XP marks worth of XP only.

29 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

Did they give classes new DP skills? Because I as a sorc have no DP skill worthy of trying, they are either sleeps or that big aoe skill and they all have ridiculously high cool downs.

Also in NA we can reach level 85 in 1 minute if not less, Abyssal Splinter's XP crystals give 5% of your skill bar, 20x of them = 1 new level, 100x of them =+5 levels (and that is without berind favor buff).

Can you do a check please? Take an experience extractor and use it and tell us how much of your Xp bar it is removing so we can calculate approximately how much XP is in the whole bar. Because I find it highly irritating that the level 80 XP bar hols merely 2 XP marks worth of XP only.

KR they don't have AS its an event and mostly likely they will delete them before the update if you did not stack turn ins there are people still 83/84 there are a few 85's but I am pretty sure these are the people who did the same as I was told to stack turn ins pre update. They make some normal skills DP skills and some that charge DP they reworked the whole system. If you are out of combat for ~10s your DP decays. idk I don't have the xp to check it now and I have been doing quests a few hours and I only have 8%. They did post the DP skills for classes on their site and apologize for not specifying previous

17 hours ago, Iostcrazyman-KT said:

XP extractor at 85 is 3-4% of level. I was focusing on quests but 2hr farm was 171 mobs in the new zone for quests and I got 8.3% of level at 85

Wow. Well, the good news is that we don’t care about filling XP bar to maximum at lvl85 so hopefully at lvl 84 it’s twice more, 5% at least. If I’m not mistaken 1 XP extractor is equal to 10 XP crystals, then we would need 200 of them to level up to 85 from 84. So in total that would be around 400 crystals to go to 85 from 80 I guess. So I would put aside 500 crystals now, to use them to level up fast in 8.0

3 hours ago, Gabrielis-KT said:

Wow. Well, the good news is that we don’t care about filling XP bar to maximum at lvl85 so hopefully at lvl 84 it’s twice more, 5% at least. If I’m not mistaken 1 XP extractor is equal to 10 XP crystals, then we would need 200 of them to level up to 85 from 84. So in total that would be around 400 crystals to go to 85 from 80 I guess. So I would put aside 500 crystals now, to use them to level up fast in 8.0

are'nt they locked to lv80?  because they give % exp not a fixed number

if not, its good news

21 hours ago, Iostcrazyman-KT said:

XP extractor at 85 is 3-4% of level. I was focusing on quests but 2hr farm was 171 mobs in the new zone for quests and I got 8.3% of level at 85

That is great news, not being scared of getting a full bar too fast. If 1 XP extractor is 4% that means with a full bar you are making 25x XP marks, a pretty good buffer of XP to be sure you are not capping the bar too fast.

4 hours ago, Gabrielis-KT said:

The XP crystals are 5% of your current level, it is not a fixed amount of XP. They have the exact same effect to the pre 76 level lugbug Xp crystals, even thought they are not the same item ID.

40 minutes ago, Arkanus-DN said:

if not, its good news

If they are locked to level 80 then we would have to use them before the new patch otherwise they would become useless. I still have like 3k of them on me if not more (and I already used a ton in the past)

There are no crystal in korea besides the ones they gave so because these xp crystal say event to be deleted I would make sure you watch very closely as it is not likely that they will keep as this because it defeats the intended purpose of the leveling. Quests and the event lugbug are still giving a range of xp at 81 but since they give you 80-81 in xp crystals then down to .85% at 83, .15% at 84 from lakrum turn in that I did that was 55m xp per quests.

I doubt they will keep those crystals or they will change it because its not intended for the gameplay of the new map korea got new ones for this update so possible the text will get changed or you will just have to use them before they remove them who knows but I don't forsee them keeping them in as is when the update hits. its been 34hr since the server came up and some poeple have work or just realized the levels really don't matter much after 83 so the vast majority of people online currently are 83 or 84 still online currently although its almost 1am there are 6 85's and the searched is capped for filter 83-85

3 hours ago, Arkanus-DN said:

if not, its good news

Well, there is nothing said in the tooltip they are locked to lvl80 and I doubt they are. Also, the tooltip is wrong because it says they give you 5% XP but if you use Berdin lucky star it's much more, so it's rather a fixed amount of XP they give (around 17mil) regardless of what the tooltip says. Many tooltips in Aion are simply incorrect, so we shouldn't pay attention to it. BUT as lostcrazyman pointed out, and I rather feel the same, they are likely to be deleted or made unusable when 8.0 hits. BUT also this is ncsoft, so I would still put a hundred of them aside ;)

Also, saying that using XP crystals "defeats the purpose of leveling" is wrong because currently in Aion there is no purpose in just leveling, the game is designed in order to achieve the max level in 1 day and from what lostcrazyman says it doesn't seem to be different in Aion 8.0 since there are many ppl at lvl83 already which is still quite fast if we compare it with old Aion where leveling to lvl75 could take months. So as for me, using XP xtals in 8.0 will not ruin Aion NA in 8.0 because 1) they are not given for nothing and are obtained through instances alike the experience itself, 2) it's up to someone to either use them for XP marks like any other experience points ot invest them into leveling, so I don't see any inconsistence here. The game will still be designed for fast leveling, nothing different here.

52 minutes ago, Gabrielis-KT said:

Well, there is nothing said in the tooltip they are locked to lvl80 and I doubt they are. Also, the tooltip is wrong because it says they give you 5% XP but if you use Berdin lucky star it's much more, so it's rather a fixed amount of XP they give (around 17mil) regardless of what the tooltip says. Many tooltips in Aion are simply incorrect, so we shouldn't pay attention to it. BUT as lostcrazyman pointed out, and I rather feel the same, they are likely to be deleted or made unusable when 8.0 hits. BUT also this is ncsoft, so I would still put a hundred of them aside ;)

They give 17m Xp because this is how much 5% is in our level, pay attention when using it, it is 1 slot of the bar exactly. There are also upgraded Xp crystals (you get those from transmutation too) which give you 15% of your XP bar in current level.

And yes, Berdin's favor buff does work with them too.

https://aioncodex.com/en/item/188900062/

https://aioncodex.com/us/item/188900064/

5 minutes ago, Arhangelos-KT said:

They give 17m Xp because this is how much 5% is in our level, pay attention when using it, it is 1 slot of the bar exactly. There are also upgraded Xp crystals (you get those from transmutation too) which give you 15% of your XP bar in current level.

And yes, Berdin's favor buff does work with them too.

https://aioncodex.com/en/item/188900062/

https://aioncodex.com/us/item/188900064/

What I wanted to say is that if Berdin works on it, that means they give 17mil base XP rather than 5%. If it was fixed to 5%, they would always give 5% no matter what.

1 hour ago, Gabrielis-KT said:

What I wanted to say is that if Berdin works on it, that means they give 17mil base XP rather than 5%. If it was fixed to 5%, they would always give 5% no matter what.

Yes they give 17m because this is how much 5% is at level 80.

If you use one in 79 level it will be the amount of Xp equivalent to 5% of that level.
Same for smaller levels, it gives the amount of XP that is equivalent to 5% of the whole bar of the level you are currently.

So when we went to 81, it would give 5% of 81 level which would obviously be more than 17m.

~~~

Anniversary coins were giving 200k XP flat, no matter your level, at level 10 it would take you to level 20 with one anniversary coin. At level 80 it wouldn't even move your bar.

An XP crystal at level 1 would give you like 10 XP, at level 80 it gives 17m... always 5% of your current level's bar.

Archived