Classic coming and no announcment ?

HueHueranger

2 hours ago, Motgar-KT said:

That is simply a clock rewinding backwards with no context.

https://aion.plaync.com/update/history/2020/201028_classic

That was the promotional post for Classic in KR that time clock. Looks to me like NA is getting classic.

1 hour ago, Vinley-KT said:

There were a few people that abused support staff to reset and repurchase the battle pass but they eventually stopped allowing that. At the end of the day ap means very little because medals are the real gate, and it cost $30 x 56 months to get 500K ap? I forget but I did the math and it was a lot of money... and again, they stopped allowing that.

Unless this is something i never heard/experienced i think people are getting it incorrect. People bought the 90 subscription when i was playing and gifted it to themselves giving them 3 major crowns every time.

The battlepass was something different If you wanted to unlock all the good prizes you need to pay $30ish(forgot how much KR paid for it since i needed to get it through 3rd part website). However on top of that you also had to pay i think it was $3-5 per level you wanted to skip costing up to $100 USD to unlock all the rewards. This is why if they were getting their battle passes reset it would of cost them $130 per 1 crown(later battle passes may of given more crowns not 100% sure but by the time i quit i think there was a max of 1 crown given out every time).

IMO the 2 biggest issues with classic will be the selling candies for 100k at release and the 90 day subscription for 3 crown issue. Then the 3rd biggest issue is the lack of enforcement on those who exploited and did solo upper/lower fortresses to gain insane AP fast in which there is an abundance of silver medals.

So long as we can stop these 3 things from becoming rampant. The subscription crowns/candy issue needs to be fixed before launch tho that is a big one since it was removed from future patches in KR anyways because it was bugged and people were abusing it. It needs to be removed here before people abuse it.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

https://aion.plaync.com/update/history/2020/201028_classic

That was the promotional post for Classic in KR that time clock. Looks to me like NA is getting classic.

People keep insisting that because they used this content for advertising Classic in KR means that somehow the same is happening in this case. Today is also Thursday. It lacks context. It isn't a confirmation of anything either.

1 hour ago, Arkanus-DN said:

players are already outraging and leaving the classic game because they figured that old aion was as bad as it is today, if you check korean aion website, they are constantly releasing developer notes/QA related to classic servers to calm down players and hold them in this pay to win fiesta. The grind sucks, PVE sucks, PVP is toxic, PW2 will reign. It did well just like master servers (they're almost the same thing tbh but master servers added a lot of QoL changes from modern aion)

Korean Classic servers success is just a glimpse of nostalgia, good luck figuring it by yourself in the next months.

There hasn't been a developer note for classic once in the past 3 months. Its literally the most common complaint actually. They just recently announced there would be one soon.

All of the QA/Dev notes in the past 3 months are related to Live and they were all met with disdain, because 8.0 is awful, and all their content creators are playing Classic. People are mad that they have been focused on trying to fix the DP issue in 8.0 for the 600 players left instead of focusing on the 60,000 playing and paying monthly for Classic.

Classic is also less than 5 months or so old so it's only natural they're lacking in progression but, the real problem is it didn't take long for experienced players to progress because they know the game like the back of their hand, compared to back in the day it was very slow.

4 minutes ago, Vinley-KT said:

There hasn't been a developer note for classic once in the past 4 months. Its literally the most common complaint actually. They just recently announced there would be one soon.

Pretty sure 2.0 is going to be announced shortly TBH, Since all the issues with AP and that and the rewards from the 200 day event stuff chances are they are going to speed progression along so they can release 2.0. This is just a total stab in the dark tho.

3 minutes ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

The poor guy/girl/+ is very desperate indeed.

Confirmation Bias will make you sound desperate to others. The post can have duplicity, at this point one could say it could be used to feel up the players' desires. Most of us like being touched, but it doesn't mean they committed to anything.

1 minute ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

Pretty sure 2.0 is going to be announced shortly TBH, Since all the issues with AP and that and the rewards from the 200 day event stuff chances are they are going to speed progression along so they can release 2.0. This is just a total stab in the dark tho.

I think you're probably right.

My hope though is that they do some tweaking to slow down progression. By their last promotional statement they claimed to "understand problems that occurred" and have plans to fix them. Pretty generic but I feel like progression in general was crazy fast because veterans are just so experienced and are insanely efficient.

2.0 has more content though so it's probably fine. I'd like to see them do some tweaking to silentera though, maybe making world bosses that spawn if both factions take their 2 forts.. something to add to the experience while not removing from the game.

Just now, Motgar-KT said:

Confirmation Bias will make you sound desperate to others. The post can have duplicity, at this point one could say it could be used to feel up the players' desires. Most of us like being touched, but it doesn't mean they committed to anything.

Every Classic server NC has launched has come to NA as well, are you really naive enough to believe this is the first one that wont, when Aion Classic is doing as good as Lineage 2 in Korea alone? Why would such a successful launch in Korea not be sent to their subsidiary when literally every other game has?

5 minutes ago, Motgar-KT said:

I am desperate, I want to play a fun version of Aion not a version of Aion where you afk 80% of the game/content and be rewarded for it :). I feel no shame when admitting that i want classic Aion in the NA region, So what your point?

18 minutes ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

The poor guy/girl/+ is very desperate indeed. However they could be right at the same time it may actually be Aion shutting down.

unknown.png

I could of sworn Aion use to show up on their https://us.ncsoft.com/en-gb page.

ROFL.
It was there last night. Lineage was also. I know because I pretty much have been checking daily for announcements.

RIP AION RIP LINEAGE LONG LIVE FUSER WHAT IN THE FK EVEN IS THAT?

8 minutes ago, Vinley-KT said:

Every Classic server NC has launched has come to NA as well, are you really naive enough to believe this is the first one that wont, when Aion Classic is doing as good as Lineage 2 in Korea alone? Why would such a successful launch in Korea not be sent to their subsidiary when literally every other game has?

I have not once said if I thought Aion Classic will or will not be released in NA. It isn't coming at this time though.

1 minute ago, Motgar-KT said:

I have not once said if I thought Aion Classic will or will not be released in NA. It isn't coming at this time though.

5 hours ago, Motgar-KT said:

Classic isn't coming. It will just destroy Aion further if it did.

This u?
It's coming, and it's coming with a vengeance. All of you that supported P2W brought this upon yourself. Every time you pay to roll the dice in a video game you slowly bring it to its death.

Just now, Vinley-KT said:

This u?
It's coming, and it's coming with a vengeance. All of you that supported P2W brought this upon yourself. Every time you pay to roll the dice in a video game you slowly bring it to its death.

Yes that is me, saying that Aion Classic has not been revealed in their plans therefore it is not "coming".

1 minute ago, Motgar-KT said:

Yes that is me, saying that Aion Classic has not been revealed in their plans therefore it is not "coming".

It hurts less if you let it all in. The pain at first will overwhelm you, it will shake you, and then when you again open your eyes, you will see that you are still standing. Alive. The new light will reinvigorate your body, allowing you to see the truth more clearly, and then, nothing can defeat you.

Except a glad with a silence godstone.

The more i look in to it. This is on the Aion website under games tab at the top.

unknown.png

This is through the B&S tab.

unknown.png

This is through the L2 tab.

unknown.png

GW1 and 2 and fuser have nothing since they are not 100% NCwest i guess. It really does make me wonder now will Aion/L2 actually be close down announcement. Since they could be shutting down they see no need to update the websites. @KibbelzWanna give us some light on this <3.

Or the rights to Aion/l2 has been sold to another publisher.

3 minutes ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

The more i look in to it. This is on the Aion website under games tab at the top.

unknown.png

This is through the B&S tab.

unknown.png

This is through the L2 tab.

unknown.png

GW1 and 2 and fuser have nothing since they are not 100% NCwest i guess. It really does make me wonder now will Aion/L2 actually be close down announcement. Since they could be shutting down they see no need to update the websites. @KibbelzWanna give us some light on this <3.

Assume away.

Hi it's a very good news but I've got few questions to ask for those who playing KR aion classic.

Do KR classic got any Quality of Life changes from future version (Beyond 2.7)
Do coins gears there even got running speed and attack/cast speed ?

No pvp gears other than abyss ? If there's no Inggison end game pvp map is Herion ?

58 minutes ago, HealingSquid-KT said:

The poor guy/girl/+ is very desperate indeed. However they could be right at the same time it may actually be Aion shutting down.

unknown.png

I could of sworn Aion use to show up on their https://us.ncsoft.com/en-gb page.

That is the UK English site. For the European region, Aion is served by Gameforge service and Lineage 2 is served by Innova service.

1 hour ago, Vinley-KT said:

There hasn't been a developer note for classic once in the past 3 months. Its literally the most common complaint actually. They just recently announced there would be one soon.

All of the QA/Dev notes in the past 3 months are related to Live and they were all met with disdain, because 8.0 is awful, and all their content creators are playing Classic. People are mad that they have been focused on trying to fix the DP issue in 8.0 for the 600 players left instead of focusing on the 60,000 playing and paying monthly for Classic.

Classic is also less than 5 months or so old so it's only natural they're lacking in progression but, the real problem is it didn't take long for experienced players to progress because they know the game like the back of their hand, compared to back in the day it was very slow.

bringing the receipts to prove you wrong

https://aion.plaync.com/board/hotissue/view?articleId=969055&page=2&viewMode=list&size=20

https://aion.plaync.com/board/hotissue/view?articleId=948278&page=2&viewMode=list&size=20

https://aion.plaync.com/board/hotissue/view?articleId=993409&viewMode=list&size=20

Classic is up for almost 8 months in korea, it debuted november 2020. there are lots of complaining about how badly NC is managing it and how they launched the battle pass in a way that players can abuse to farm tons of AP by expending lots of IRL money

30 minutes ago, Nalariel-KT said:

Hi it's a very good news but I've got few questions to ask for those who playing KR aion classic.

No pvp gears other than abyss ? If there's no Inggison end game pvp map is Herion ?

there are some QoL changes applied but the PVP set grind is really slow paced (even with the new chambers added last week) and the game is currently hiper umbalanced because there are many players running around with full abyss gear they got by buying years worth of battle pass (only for the major ancient crowns you get when you buy it)

23 minutes ago, Arkanus-DN said:

bringing the receipts to prove you wrong

https://aion.plaync.com/board/hotissue/view?articleId=969055&page=2&viewMode=list&size=20

https://aion.plaync.com/board/hotissue/view?articleId=948278&page=2&viewMode=list&size=20

https://aion.plaync.com/board/hotissue/view?articleId=993409&viewMode=list&size=20

Classic is up for almost 8 months in korea, it debuted november 2020. there are lots of complaining about how badly NC is managing it and how they launched the battle pass in a way that players can abuse to farm tons of AP by expending lots of IRL money

there are some QoL changes applied but the PVP set grind is really slow paced (even with the new chambers added last week) and the game is currently hiper umbalanced because there are many players running around with full abyss gear they got by buying years worth of battle pass (only for the major ancient crowns you get when you buy it)

Bro you linked posts from December. How did anything dispute what I said? Nice job proving yourself completely wrong twice. You realize it's May right now? Or are you so lost gambling in Aion Live that you can't even tell time anymore?

Also, Japan just announced Aion Classic. (NCJapan is also a subsidiary of NCSoft like NCW)

52 minutes ago, Nalariel-KT said:

They said they are altering sieges to give both factions a reward for attending, and they also give the 5 fort instances to both factions regardless of fort ownership, so yes there are QOL changes. We're also getting a dev note soon which means they've been working on other stuff. I'm sure one of us will post once it goes up.

15 minutes ago, Vinley-KT said:

Bro you linked posts from December. How did anything dispute what I said? Nice job proving yourself completely wrong twice. You realize it's May right now? Or are you so lost gambling in Aion Live that you can't even tell time anymore?

Also, Japan just announced Aion Classic. (NCJapan is also a subsidiary of NCSoft like NCW)

they're from december, yet they're about how players are mad with classic servers.
 there is a special topic to adress how toxic and abusive the playerbase currentlly is LOL  imagine playing this game with a lot of nostalgic  boomers that are now in their 30s/40s?

good luck

why you're acting as if older patches were not full of gambling? lel

39 minutes ago, Arkanus-DN said:

they're from december, yet they're about how players are mad with classic servers.
 there is a special topic to adress how toxic and abusive the playerbase currentlly is LOL  imagine playing this game with a lot of nostalgic  boomers that are now in their 30s/40s?

good luck

why you're acting as if older patches were not full of gambling? lel

They're mad because there were hundreds of bots, which plague all korean games, and there was a long que (6 hour que for some servers)

Context matters, and again, they hadnt had a developer note related to classic in 3 months, so while you move the goal post, my original dispute stands. I'm ok with you not playing classic, nobody is forcing you. Enjoy live and the forums where you can play russian roullete and blow your brains out gambling your progression. Idk why you're so mad that other people can enjoy something that you can't?

Also I know this is news to you, but the human race didn't stop expanding once you personally turned "30/40" people are born every day. Thats why large companies do marketing, to reach younger audiences. In fact if you followed NC at all, their last investor meeting specifically touched on trying to market to a younger audience, specifically in the west, and its why they've increased NCW's marketing budget. Specifically because investors were angry that NCSoft is not able to replicate their competitor Korean publishers success, Pearl Abyss.

Aion Classics only gambling was rng drops. You didnt have to buy things off the cash shop to progress in the game, you had to actually PLAY the game to progress. Not sit afk waiting for the next event to hopefully get free shit like you currently do in this pathetic excuse for a "game."

Archived