Remove realtime restrictions for Forts& dredge , NA/EU/Oceanic+SEA Timezones

1s6F174

Hi I  noticed the other thread -  requesting EU Siege Times https://forums.aiononline.com/topic/8401-eu-siege-times/
this sounds like a great idea but id like to expand on it.

This is the Aion Classic Global Service , hopefully they will cater to all 3 main timezones,  NA & EU & Oceanic/SEA,  but the only way I see this possible are either:

1) 3 different time windows that fort sieges can go active for each of the 3 respective timezone in their local primetime. 3 multiple time windows for dredge.
2) forts can go vulnerable anytime, dredge is availble anytime.

I can only speak from experience in previous 1.5 on siel that after work,  4pm AEST afternoon time was the last dredgion  and in primetime there are no time restricted events were availble for the next~ 8 hours (until midnight AEST) , so our ability to join these events was restricted to weekends only.
(given there was an oceanic server but it was never hosted in the oceanic area (server was in US afaik) so there was zero latency benefit 250ms ping and a resulting low population as there was not much point in joining that over a high pop server)

to avoid a potential fractioning of the playerbase into area based servers making the Fort sieges/Dredge available more often/anytime may sound like it would be a good decision to cater for all players I hope.

to clarify im not asking for changes to be made to  cooldowns, just that events are more available for all.

Guest Wootage

Only problem is that especially in early patches , Dredgions and forts are directly responsible for progression and there will be those who will be up for every single siege even if its at 5AM, so adding more sieges will just make people obtain AP and most importantly Medals faster , because at this point AP is not really a issue Medals however are . i dont see issue with adding more dredgions thats perfectly fine but siege times is different story , also i wouldnt mind if they just set siege times so it would at lest slightly give EU players easier time , i dont mind sieging late too as i myself am busy working 6AM-3PM EST every day 

52 minutes ago, Guest Wootage said:

Only problem is that especially in early patches , Dredgions and forts are directly responsible for progression and there will be those who will be up for every single siege even if its at 5AM, so adding more sieges will just make people obtain AP and most importantly Medals faster , because at this point AP is not really a issue Medals however are . i dont see issue with adding more dredgions thats perfectly fine but siege times is different story , also i wouldnt mind if they just set siege times so it would at lest slightly give EU players easier time , i dont mind sieging late too as i myself am busy working 6AM-3PM EST every day 

Not to pick that apart , difference between having no choice & only being able to siege at 5am because of NA timezone   versus a dedicated player who wants to stay up to all hours playing for those fort sieges (they should be rewarded for playing more ?) i dont see the problem

"so adding more sieges "

adding more siges wouldnt be the end result, this would easily be solved by having the fortress invulnerable timers staggered so each zone has opportunities and the next respective timezone would not be able to assualt it after successful capture due to invulnerbility period, in addition to prevent a single timezone locking a fort , the next vulnerability of a fort could be assigned by a system or random.

"also i wouldnt mind if they just set siege times so it would at lest slightly give EU players easier time"

unfortunately this would be horrible for oceanic/SEA players being +8-12GMT being offset by 12 hours. Hence the suggestion to fit in 3x8 hr windows for each timezone to so as not to bias but benefit all.

if it was a perfect scenario it'd be hosted in korea, about 150ms to eu , 130-150 to us , 150ms+ to  au NZ to put everyone on a level playing field but we gotta be realistic in a request.

Guest Wootage
57 minutes ago, 1s6F174 said:

Not to pick that apart , difference between having no choice & only being able to siege at 5am because of NA timezone   versus a dedicated player who wants to stay up to all hours playing for those fort sieges (they should be rewarded for playing more ?) i dont see the problem

"so adding more sieges "

adding more siges wouldnt be the end result, this would easily be solved by having the fortress invulnerable timers staggered so each zone has opportunities and the next respective timezone would not be able to assualt it after successful capture due to invulnerbility period, in addition to prevent a single timezone locking a fort , the next vulnerability of a fort could be assigned by a system or random.

"also i wouldnt mind if they just set siege times so it would at lest slightly give EU players easier time"

unfortunately this would be horrible for oceanic/SEA players being +8-12GMT being offset by 12 hours. Hence the suggestion to fit in 3x8 hr windows for each timezone to so as not to bias but benefit all.

if it was a perfect scenario it'd be hosted in korea, about 150ms to eu , 130-150 to us , 150ms+ to  au NZ to put everyone on a level playing field but we gotta be realistic in a request.

idk how NA service can be hosted in Korea that makes no sense what so ever , servers are in NA and NA players will be favored and i really doubt they will implement that type of complicated system just for few players from oceanic region 

we do agree on a 2 things,
i doubt such a simple system will be implemented either to provide better timezone for the EU players as well.

NA players previously benefitted from the schedule.

There are many soltuions  to this it could even be as simple as 24 day period where the vulnerabillity window moves +1 hr to the next day until the cycle completes 24 days later and repeats ,  other than have nothing on offer for 1/4 of the globes timezone "just for a few players", this timezone includes china as well.

Considering they have said that Classic will not be blocked in almost all the regions, it implies NA is *ahem* a global release of Classic, which they should, in fact, adjust some timetables so everyone can benefit from that. If an illegal server can do that, so should NA, it will encourage players to play here instead.

This would be a huge mistake for reasons that should be very obvious. Also this is not a global release, this is a release for the Americas, North and South. The fact that they're not blocking IPs is standard for most MMO's, it doesn't mean they're catering to other regions. Besides, Gameforge already has the rights to release in Europe anyway. Also I'd like to point out that the Americas have 4 primary timezones just in our region alone. When East Coast players are in the middle of our primetime, West Coast is just getting off work. When we're going to bed, they're in the middle of their primetime. The fact that this game so far seems like it's only going to have one timezone for all of the Americas is already going to be a problem for us, since we often require both East and West Coast timezones for our MMO's.

"Also this is not a global release"

https://www.aiononline.com/news/aion-classic-announcement
The name is listed as "Aion Classic Global Service".
also arguing for 2 servers inside a 4 hour window for one timezone NA(4 timezones) on a global service doesnt make sense.
NA will get a server for their timezone no matter which way the cookie crumbles, nobody is loosing out its just being more inclusive.

2 minutes ago, 1s6F174 said:

"Also this is not a global release"

https://www.aiononline.com/news/aion-classic-announcement
The name is listed as "Aion Classic Global Service".

I'm interpreting that as every region (NCWest, NCTaiwan, NCJapan, Gameforge, Innova) that runs Aion Classic will have the exact same content/business/revenue model as Korea.

• No regional customization data such as Data/Europe, Data/Taiwan, Data/USA,etc.
  • Siel's Aura system with daily 1-hour F2P for unpaid accounts
  • Restrictions for unpaid accounts after daily 1-hour F2P Siel's Aura used up.

Agree to disagree ,None of those still valid linked tweets such as"what about EU players? turned into a 3rd world gaming grp again and forgotten?"that those answers are for pertain to fixing the availbility of Forts & Dredge timetable.

They are asking for another server which is quite different from what im proposing.
im proposing making the timetable more accessable for all timezone on the same server, for a global service.

However the only way changes are made sometimes if its requested by paying customers, unlikely as it may be.

Guest Guest?

There would need to be enough players to justify catering to different regions and frankly I'm not sure there is enough players to do that. Players from other regions know this going in that times will be NA based. 

They are already going to make 2 servers so it could be wiser for them to make one with different time zone so people from the other side can also enjoy it.

I want to play in Siel but I would play Israphel if I knew the time zone fits my schedule more in this case.

I can see them doing 2 a day sieges like before for EU, but now way they do 3 a day.  Progression would increase way to much and fast.  As for servers they starting with 2 but I am sure on Launch Day gonna need more.  Korea added 2 servers launch day and with EU not getting classic yet I can see it happening

Guest Tsunahmie
10 hours ago, 1s6F174 said:

Hi I  noticed the other thread -  requesting EU Siege Times https://forums.aiononline.com/topic/8401-eu-siege-times/
this sounds like a great idea but id like to expand on it.

This is the Aion Classic Global Service , hopefully they will cater to all 3 main timezones,  NA & EU & Oceanic/SEA,  but the only way I see this possible are either:

1) 3 different time windows that fort sieges can go active for each of the 3 respective timezone in their local primetime. 3 multiple time windows for dredge.
2) forts can go vulnerable anytime, dredge is availble anytime.

I can only speak from experience in previous 1.5 on siel that after work,  4pm AEST afternoon time was the last dredgion  and in primetime there are no time restricted events were availble for the next~ 8 hours (until midnight AEST) , so our ability to join these events was restricted to weekends only.
(given there was an oceanic server but it was never hosted in the oceanic area (server was in US afaik) so there was zero latency benefit 250ms ping and a resulting low population as there was not much point in joining that over a high pop server)

to avoid a potential fractioning of the playerbase into area based servers making the Fort sieges/Dredge available more often/anytime may sound like it would be a good decision to cater for all players I hope.

to clarify im not asking for changes to be made to  cooldowns, just that events are more available for all.

I made the EU post and 100% agree with yours it's solid and would awesome to see something along the lines of this implemented.

Guest Tsunahmie
8 hours ago, Guest Wootage said:

there's an easy solution to this: you can only get rewards once per day from each siege and Dredgions have an entry limit anyway as far as I remember it was like 3 times per day?

7 minutes ago, Guest Tsunahmie said:

there's an easy solution to this: you can only get rewards once per day from each siege and Dredgions have an entry limit anyway as far as I remember it was like 3 times per day?

This sounds like a good idea, but it's not sure whether that can even be implemented. It would actually balance many things out.

Guest NotAGuest

Interesting, NC still doesn't know how to communicate. Agreed, they can call it "Aion Classic Global Service' however in large letters  what do you see? "WELCOME TO NORTH AMERICA". 

NC is still legally bound   to block specific countries,  and will not localize  - you can play in any language as long as it is English, and likely (this is just a guess based on retail) purchase in any language as long as it is English or Portuguese. It is global in the sense that otherwise it won't block IPs where those legal constraints (mandated by the US Federal law) exist.

For those of you who haven't played retail over the  past few years, NC  couldn't even support the change to Daylight Savings Time (which occurs 1 x per year) - do you really think that they will go to the extra effort  of supporting 2 servers with completely different siege schedules, with 2 different time zones?

Guest Vinley

It's an NA game. The ppl that want times changed to cater to them will quit the second gameforge announces the game.

The game should be made and balanced for its primary target audience. If gameforge confirms they won't be getting the game and EU actually brings a significant number of players they should just have their own servers.

East and West coast players have enough trouble agreeing on siege and dredg times. Can't even please NA how are we suppose to please every other region as well?

13 minutes ago, Guest Vinley said:

It's an NA game. The ppl that want times changed to cater to them will quit the second gameforge announces the game.

The game should be made and balanced for its primary target audience. If gameforge confirms they won't be getting the game and EU actually brings a significant number of players they should just have their own servers.

East and West coast players have enough trouble agreeing on siege and dredg times. Can't even please NA how are we suppose to please every other region as well?

The thing is that a ton of players are from EU and when a game wants to survive it is better to cater to everyone. You can defo not please everyone in ONE server with countries from all over the world. But we already have 2 servers, one could be a different time zone and if there are a lot of EU players they could have had a 3rd server that is EU zoned.

If they decided to have an actual EU server that would be good ping-wise. I am European and played in Aion EU until NCSoft sold the rights to GF and it all went down and then I had to imigrate here.

**Imagine Blizzard selling WoW rights to a specific 3rd party company for a specific region and let them run it as they please**

Guest st0n3

They don't even know which game version they launch yet and call it 1.0 instead of 1.2, imagine all of these suggestments being even read

Guest Devir

No changes. This is Aion NA not gameforge. Give thanks that you are allow to play here and IPs are not going to get blocked like Korea did

17 hours ago, Kubei-DN said:

Considering they have said that Classic will not be blocked in almost all the regions, it implies NA is *ahem* a global release of Classic, which they should, in fact, adjust some timetables so everyone can benefit from that. If an illegal server can do that, so should NA, it will encourage players to play here instead.

It's hard to understand what they mean by "global".

From NCSOFT  West's own website  https://us.ncsoft.com/en-us

NCSOFT®, established in 1997 and headquartered in Seoul, South Korea, is one of the leading gaming publishers in the world. At NCSOFT West, we manage the portfolio, initiatives and game services across the Americas, Europe, Australia and New Zealand.

So they claim they do stuff in Europe, but it could be outsourced to Gameforge. Who knows what goes on behind the scenes.

Archived