Regarding June 16th Character Creation

Guest Estufa

Guest Estufa

Forgive me if I'm missing this info somewhere but I have a few questions. 

Will anyone be able to log in for character creation on June 16th or only pre orders? 

Are we going to get the client before June 16th or will it be a frenzy/free for all on who can download it faster to log in and create our characters before others? 

Ok we asked Kibbelz a bunch of questions in Discord:

Everyone will be able to install the client on the 16th. Everyone has access to make one character per account, including name reservation. More character slots available after launch.

Guest Estufa
52 minutes ago, Leiloni said:

Everyone will be able to install the client on the 16th. Everyone has access to make one character per account, including name reservation. More character slots available after launch.

Appreciate it. Though, I assume they will release the client for download a bit before people can log on? Or is it a free for all on who can DL it and log in faster lol? 

1 minute ago, Guest Estufa said:

Appreciate it. Though, I assume they will release the client for download a bit before people can log on? Or is it a free for all on who can DL it and log in faster lol? 

Kibbelz said on discord client download will be available on June 16th.

Guest ligma

that doesnt explain shit. are we gonna have client before precreation or no? or will ppl with slow nets are gonna get cucked

5 minutes ago, Guest ligma said:

that doesnt explain shit. are we gonna have client before precreation or no? or will ppl with slow nets are gonna get cucked

That question was asked. It will not be available until the 16th.

Guest ligma

ye but 16th has 24hours in it u know? question is are we gonna get for example client at 6am then server live at 9am or something or is it gonna be shitfest with both client and server going live at same exact hour.

Guest Loadrng
1 hour ago, Leiloni said:

What Discord server is that?

Guest Jinxy
On 6/11/2021 at 1:20 PM, Leiloni said:

Do you know how names 'locked-in'; do we have to rush to the end of the character creator and finish it for the name to officiallly be yours?

Guest Jinxy

I apologize of this is a duplicate post but does anyone know how names 'locked-in'; do we have to rush to the end of the character creator and finish it for the name to officially be yours?

29 minutes ago, Guest Jinxy said:

I apologize of this is a duplicate post but does anyone know how names 'locked-in'; do we have to rush to the end of the character creator and finish it for the name to officially be yours?

I don't know how it might have worked in ye days of olde, but in current live patch, the name is not yours until you are done creating/saving the character.

54 minutes ago, Guest Jinxy said:

Sounds reasonable, create character, save,  then nobody else can take that name.

• Aion Team

Thanks to everyone who helped spread the word on details about this. It sounds like you've all got the gist, but I've got one update to add.

The Game Team informed me that if you delete a character, the name will become available again as soon as the deletion timer ends, typically 5 minutes. So don't expect to be waiting for 30 days or something if you want to re-create your character's apperance, etc.

Also, we will be selling the so-called gender change / plastic surgery tickets at launch for classic, so if you want to make changes later you can.

Guest Jinxy
36 minutes ago, Vantheria-DN said:

I don't know how it might have worked in ye days of olde, but in current live patch, the name is not yours until you are done creating/saving the character.

Vantheria, thank you! 

Guest Jinxy
19 minutes ago, Kibbelz said:

Thanks to everyone who helped spread the word on details about this. It sounds like you've all got the gist, but I've got one update to add.

The Game Team informed me that if you delete a character, the name will become available again as soon as the deletion timer ends, typically 5 minutes. So don't expect to be waiting for 30 days or something if you want to re-create your character's apperance, etc.

Also, we will be selling the so-called gender change / plastic surgery tickets at launch for classic, so if you want to make changes later you can.

Sounds good! Thanks! 

Guest Returning Player

I have a question!

I know classic didn't have the character creation appearance saver... but will it be implemented in classic? That would be fantastic! 

Thanks!

On 6/12/2021 at 5:12 AM, Guest Estufa said:

Every Aion patch I have seen, including the big ones, start downloading before the servers come back online from maintenance. But we will know in 12hrs. or so.

Big Announcement. Servers will open for Character Creation / Name Reservation at 9am PT. The client will be available to download at some point during the maintenance window, scheduled for 4am - 6:30am PT.

This was posted today in the discord server. Don't know if everyone got the news or if anyone new will be looking for this information tonight. 

See you guys soon! I'm so excited!

2 hours ago, Eriis said:

Big Announcement. Servers will open for Character Creation / Name Reservation at 9am PT. The client will be available to download at some point during the maintenance window, scheduled for 4am - 6:30am PT.

This was posted today in the discord server. Don't know if everyone got the news or if anyone new will be looking for this information tonight. 

See you guys soon! I'm so excited!

can i have a link to this server plz?

Archived