Weekly Server Maintenance - June 30, 2021

Arctic

Guest Jergens
10 minutes ago, Guest Classic Player said:

Please delete the pay to win items out of the cash shop. Add rather skins or anything else that doesn`t give an advantage in comparison to other players ingame. 

Deava pass is okay, i guess...but Wings, accessoires and candies? Common...

!! I am not willing to invest my money into monthly payment aslong there are pay to win items in the Shop!!

I guess you wont be playing then too bad. 

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Hirannis

Hello!
Can you tell me please the server's timezone? Or which timezone should i convert to mine? I live in GMT+2 Budapest and i would like to know properly the time of the maintenance, news etc. 
Thank you if you can help me!

Guest Nutscrackero

Well this 1 week was fun but as always even good game can be destroyed by p2w company like ncsoft. Hate u for destroying this game again.  I wonder who is the genius that thought p2w monthly subscribe is good idea in game from 2009.  Making this game at least playable without this subscription would be at least not that bad but actually its just not playable without subscription. It kills whole fun in grinding and competitive.

5 minutes ago, Guest Hirannis said:

Hello!
Can you tell me please the server's timezone? Or which timezone should i convert to mine? I live in GMT+2 Budapest and i would like to know properly the time of the maintenance, news etc. 
Thank you if you can help me!

Gl with that ! Time zones aint their strongest skill however their twitter is quite informative

https://everytimezone.com/s/c16d5eba

Guest Nutscrackero

Well it's sad even good game can be destroyed by p2w company like ncsoft. That was  great week but it's time to end. Making game from 2009 p2w is just sick and horrible idea. Hate u ncsoft for destryoing another game. Hope ur salary is good enough.

Guest Guest Ashlayna

So I have to wonder, where is all the kinah coming from for buying up all these P2W candies?

Is it the position, at large, that only people buying kinah from gold sellers are able to make the money in game to do it?  If not, then what's holding them back?  I mean, it's not like the top tier gear in the game, especially at this point, is available for kinah anyway, it takes AP.  Where's the AP buying page in the shop, I must have missed it?

Now, I'm really late to this party, only a couple of days in, and I've had other things to do as well, but I haven't managed to hit that paywall yet.  I suspect it's because it doesn't exist.  "But someone can buy a Kromede Weapon", um, ok?  Showing up for a siege wearing FT gear will result in your termination, quickly, because the gear that a lot of the dedicated Abyss players will be wearing has bonus stats for PvP, and they can't buy it for kinah.  So all that money in your storage is absolutely worthless for the actual endgame in Aion/Aion Classic.  Especially in Classic, in it's current iteration.  So instead of P2W, it's more what, pay to look good when you lose?

To be quite honest, anyone over 25 would be better served running NTC as much as possible every day, instead of spending all their time crying in game, or on the forums, about candies, which I haven't participated in.  I got some freebies the other day, they're sitting in my storage, taking up space, like most transformation candies have done since their inception, regardless of source.  But I guess it's to be expected?  New car owner's manuals used to tell you how to adjust the valves, now they tell you not to drink the fluid in the battery.  My how times have changed.

Guest Really?
11 minutes ago, Guest Nutscrackero said:

Well this 1 week was fun but as always even good game can be destroyed by p2w company like ncsoft. Hate u for destroying this game again.  I wonder who is the genius that thought p2w monthly subscribe is good idea in game from 2009.  Making this game at least playable without this subscription would be at least not that bad but actually its just not playable without subscription. It kills whole fun in grinding and competitive.

It wasn't playable in 2009 without a required sub. You get to relive your classic fantasy.

Guest Aijumi

When a Aion classic server in europe would be ecxists, there will be Gameforge to destroy the game in same way, even worse....

Example: When in normal Aion is an event, you have to buy the event things in the shop for real money...

26 minutes ago, Guest Nutscrackero said:

Well it's sad even good game can be destroyed by p2w company like ncsoft. That was  great week but it's time to end. Making game from 2009 p2w is just sick and horrible idea. Hate u ncsoft for destryoing another game. Hope ur salary is good enough.

Bye! 

Guest Norai
20 minutes ago, Vantheria-DN said:

Preventing f2p from using lfg is a bad idea because they won't be able to post group recruits.

Disclaimer: I DO pay Siel's Aura (and more), so don't come at me with how I'm broke, etc lol.

It limit bots at least but either way it's definitly not a F2P but a P2P then it won't happen.

NCSOFT reduce the F price... I mean 15$ ok, but i pay more for nostalgia than quality...

I don't mind candies etc but Siel Aura is too expensive. 11$ FF14... 11$...

Guest IronGuardian
35 minutes ago, Guest Guest Ashlayna said:

So I have to wonder, where is all the kinah coming from for buying up all these P2W candies?

Is it the position, at large, that only people buying kinah from gold sellers are able to make the money in game to do it?  If not, then what's holding them back?  I mean, it's not like the top tier gear in the game, especially at this point, is available for kinah anyway, it takes AP.  Where's the AP buying page in the shop, I must have missed it?

Now, I'm really late to this party, only a couple of days in, and I've had other things to do as well, but I haven't managed to hit that paywall yet.  I suspect it's because it doesn't exist.  "But someone can buy a Kromede Weapon", um, ok?  Showing up for a siege wearing FT gear will result in your termination, quickly, because the gear that a lot of the dedicated Abyss players will be wearing has bonus stats for PvP, and they can't buy it for kinah.  So all that money in your storage is absolutely worthless for the actual endgame in Aion/Aion Classic.  Especially in Classic, in it's current iteration.  So instead of P2W, it's more what, pay to look good when you lose?

To be quite honest, anyone over 25 would be better served running NTC as much as possible every day, instead of spending all their time crying in game, or on the forums, about candies, which I haven't participated in.  I got some freebies the other day, they're sitting in my storage, taking up space, like most transformation candies have done since their inception, regardless of source.  But I guess it's to be expected?  New car owner's manuals used to tell you how to adjust the valves, now they tell you not to drink the fluid in the battery.  My how times have changed.

I agree with you... Too many cry babys

16 minutes ago, Vantheria-DN said:

Preventing f2p from using lfg is a bad idea because they won't be able to post group recruits.

Disclaimer: I DO pay Siel's Aura (and more), so don't come at me with how I'm broke, etc lol.

Oh well. That's what Legions (and Discord) are for.

Everyone's out here saying "THE GAME IS UNPLAYABLE WITHOUT PAYING THE SUB" but then somehow... it's playable enough that people are not only going to be a high enough level to do dungeons, but actively seeking groups to do them? Something ain't adding up here. 

- No in-game public channels for free players
- No trade (not even in the free hour)
- Market board only available in the free hour (if free accounts can't trade bots will just change their methods to instructing the Kinah-buying player to place a rubbish item on the market board for a ridiculous price, and the bot will then bot the item. 200 million for an Attack +2 manastone anyone?)
- Deprioritized login

It sucks that there are people who are unable to afford the sub because the exchange rate in their country is shit, but we all know that those players will never stop complaining. If it's not the sub it will be their ping. If it's not their ping it will be the siege times. If it's not the siege times it will be something else. 

It's on NCSoft to provide an environment for non-NA players. It's not on the players to make major sacrifices to the overall game quality. 

Guest iamdz

the candies aren't even a huge problem longterm lol, yeah for sure they're a huge moneymaker right now, but when everyone starts hitting 30ish and they can easily hit the daily kinah limit from selling rubbish gear, I doubt anyone would buy candies just to sell it to the store. The Daily limit still applies so it doesnt matter if he bough a million candies he'd still get 700k per day and since everyone can hit the daily limit without buying the candies from others I doubt it'd still be a good source of income. just relax and enjoy the game

7 minutes ago, Guest Norai said:

It limit bots at least but either way it's definitly not a F2P but a P2P then it won't happen.

NCSOFT reduce the F price... I mean 15$ ok, but i pay more for nostalgia than quality...

I don't mind candies etc but Siel Aura is too expensive. 11$ FF14... 11$...

FF14 also has a huge drawback to the lower tier sub. Namely only being able to have one character per server. Are you prepared to be limited to only one character for access to a cheaper sub?

Guest Nyxed/Nyxeni

Preventing f2p from using LFG wouldn't be ideal for the reason Vantheria has pointed out. Still, as a f2p myself I personally wouldn't mind an increase in time between posting on LFG or some other such smaller limitation IF it helps at all with curbing goldselling spam in LFG. I couldn't block/report them fast enough yesterday morning to keep them from filling my chat, and the constant goldselling ads made it difficult for Group requests to even get seen between them all.

Guest Guest Ali
5 minutes ago, Guest MXK said:

FF14 also has a huge drawback to the lower tier sub. Namely only being able to have one character per server. Are you prepared to be limited to only one character for access to a cheaper sub?

While this is true, that one character  in FF14 can be leveled up as every class in the game.  You are far less likely to need an alt there. 

Guest Jenna

i really dont understand why everyone is crying. so what if people buy the kromede weapons. if thats what people want to spend their money on, its none of our business. just like the candies. let them spend their money how they want too. candies arent ruining the game just people others want to use them as currency for a weapon you want to buy but dont want to dig in your pockets for. get over it and grind it out. you act like youre not oging to run FT 500 times. and i have yet to reach a paywall. potions and scrolls are on broker for super cheap. i live on like 1 mill kinah between questing and vendering rubbish. im sorry this game isnt free. you cant run a game for 0 profit. i see a lot of people QQing about cash shop items that give almost no help to the individual besides flight time(the acc's and wings dont give great stats. not enough to matter in zerg pvp). people sell the candies for 80k so you can turn around and sell them for 100k. make some kinah instead of crying about what others are doing with their money. 

im excited for the subscription in hope that kinah spammers go away. im willing to give this game $50 for 3 months of play. you dont need the battlepass to progress. you can get almost everything on there for free if you grind for it. the battle pass gives the whales the chance to get things a few hours ahead of time. the big ticket items for me on the pass are the coins and 65-75 enchantment stone boxes. to me the battle pass isnt worth it. so dont get it if you dont wanna spend money for it. the company needs to make money to keep the game going. why come on the forums and QQ about something you could easily ignore. 

as far as stigmas and other useful things on broker for crazy expensive. i havent seen it. on SL-A the most expensive thing is gold 35 gear at like 2-3 mil. and even then, you dont need that gear. its nice but you can live within your means and get the blue gear if you wanna buy gear from broker. or play the game. its a fun game, you should want to support the company that provides you days of entertainment a month with the price of 2 trips to mcdonalds. 

TL;DR:

stop crying about how people spend their money, the cash shop could be P2W, but its not(you cant buy ap or actual weap/gear/acc straight from shop or any items like scrolls or pots or anything that gives you an advantage besides kinah). and stop crying about paying $15 to a company thats providing you with days of entertainment a month with a video game. if its not for you, than dont play. but dont try to ruin the experience of other people willing to enjoy themselves

Guest European

As a returning player, I'm not biased by the opinions of people complaining on the forums,  I just want to share my honest feelings while playing here for the past week.

A classic server is about the tedious experience of leveling, questing and gearing up. I can live with that, after all it is my choice to play here. I appreciate that in a perfect classic experience the hardcore, experienced and nolifers can and WILL get ahead of me, and the only way for me to catch up is to invest more time or play smarter. I will accept to be average and admire the "geared, the high ranks and the pvp masters" because of their real efforts.

Right now while I play and go through the tedious content, a thought at the back of my mind keeps popping up and that's <<wow people are having a much smoother experience paying for all possible advantages to make a big difference, I could have a much easier time with cash and get instant daeva pass rewards, coins, kinah for my game to be enjoyable>>

Two outcomes, either I join the people who pay for extra or I don't, leaving eventually. I think the company did bet hard on the former, but the latter is what the majority will end up choosing once they realize the gap gets worse over time.

Guest PEWPEW
6 hours ago, Imposture said:

A few things are inflated yes, but that's not to say any economy doesn't suffer from that. The candies are sold for a max of 1mil a day which you can make normally by just playing the game. It's the players that enable the candy to be traded as currency (credit) that made it bloom as much as it did. Those that buy the candy from the whales to resell for them are very much contributing to the problem and allowing them to exceed the daily cap. Thank your faction for that.  Also anyone that buys a Kromede weapon LOL.

Anyway, I'll mention this again and not to discredit the candy P2W issue, but as a comparison. Retail Aion at launch and now have significantly more P2W. Black Cloud Wings, Enhancement packs, Instantance Reset Scrolls, Outfits, Wings, GEAR, etc. As of right now, I think most people are overreacting without letting the market and playerbase settle. This happens in many MMOs of all kinds.  Siel's free week is over after maintenance so let's see what happens from there.

I would also like to see what happens, majority of the cry babies all stem from one community, You simply can never please them all, always someone around to cry about something.

Guest Lewkeiyu the Traitor
9 hours ago, Khonsu-DN said:

completely false. Some 35 stigmas are already going for 6-10mil while kromede drops are selling for 100-200 candies. Aion Classic a balanced economy this is not. Most f2p or purely p2p players are scarping by with 1-2mil. The you have the oddballs who are bot crafting and reselling candies to claim "not p2w" lol

Are you on Israphel, because this isn't what's going down on Siel? XD

Guest Kaylee
19 minutes ago, Guest Jenna said:

i really dont understand why everyone is crying. so what if people buy the kromede weapons. if thats what people want to spend their money on, its none of our business. just like the candies. let them spend their money how they want too. candies arent ruining the game just people others want to use them as currency for a weapon you want to buy but dont want to dig in your pockets for. get over it and grind it out. you act like youre not oging to run FT 500 times. and i have yet to reach a paywall. potions and scrolls are on broker for super cheap. i live on like 1 mill kinah between questing and vendering rubbish. im sorry this game isnt free. you cant run a game for 0 profit. i see a lot of people QQing about cash shop items that give almost no help to the individual besides flight time(the acc's and wings dont give great stats. not enough to matter in zerg pvp). people sell the candies for 80k so you can turn around and sell them for 100k. make some kinah instead of crying about what others are doing with their money. 

im excited for the subscription in hope that kinah spammers go away. im willing to give this game $50 for 3 months of play. you dont need the battlepass to progress. you can get almost everything on there for free if you grind for it. the battle pass gives the whales the chance to get things a few hours ahead of time. the big ticket items for me on the pass are the coins and 65-75 enchantment stone boxes. to me the battle pass isnt worth it. so dont get it if you dont wanna spend money for it. the company needs to make money to keep the game going. why come on the forums and QQ about something you could easily ignore. 

as far as stigmas and other useful things on broker for crazy expensive. i havent seen it. on SL-A the most expensive thing is gold 35 gear at like 2-3 mil. and even then, you dont need that gear. its nice but you can live within your means and get the blue gear if you wanna buy gear from broker. or play the game. its a fun game, you should want to support the company that provides you days of entertainment a month with the price of 2 trips to mcdonalds. 

TL;DR:

stop crying about how people spend their money, the cash shop could be P2W, but its not(you cant buy ap or actual weap/gear/acc straight from shop or any items like scrolls or pots or anything that gives you an advantage besides kinah). and stop crying about paying $15 to a company thats providing you with days of entertainment a month with a video game. if its not for you, than dont play. but dont try to ruin the experience of other people willing to enjoy themselves

Thank you for a rational view of the game.  I am in agreement with you.  

I'm going to be paying the sub and I have 90 days that you could purchase in advance.

Always if I like a game I will pay a sub.  

10 minutes ago, Guest PEWPEW said:

I would also like to see what happens, majority of the cry babies all stem from one community, You simply can never please them all, always someone around to cry about something.

at the very least you must be a rubbish gold seller to write this shit

Guest PEWPEW
5 hours ago, Guest yyy said:

Please can u make one thing. NO SUBB -> CANT WRITE IN TO LFG. 

We can avoid gold sellers + kids

Absolutely agree with this. My friend runs a sports bar, and it was free to enter for a LONG time, constantly problems would occur due to, simply put people with no money to buy alcohol, so they would buy it cheaper from the local store and sneak it in,  creating massive problems including taking up space but not actually spending anything to drink there, alot of drunk people as you can imagine. ANYWAY. It would become too busy and full up with people who weren't willing to support the place, since lately he has made it £10 to enter the bar, And wouldn't you know all the problems have somehow filtered out by themselves? So i guess my point is, the money can act as a deterrent, BUT on that note it doesn't mean that Aion can charge what they please, it must be fair, and also i DO NOT AGREE WITH THE QUNA SHOP. Aion classic was without a Quna shop, and it SHOULD REMAIN SO. This is not how 2009 was(im well aware its 2021 now and majority of games are back by subscriptions) so make it exactly how it was minus the Quna shop, put a sub in place, and give that a try. Sadly the Quna shop has been exploited by candys and other items which i personally do not agree with, there are plenty of ways to make money at a reasonable pace in Aion, So why the greed? Any items in the Quna shop should not directly contribute to advancement, THIS IS WRONG, and that is where all the cry babies are coming from.  BAN non subs from LFG, Make Kinah sellers have to lvl 20+ to be able to sell their kinah, which will slow them down and discourage them. 

Guest Cambria

Candies are not the issue. Any item offering game breaking stats for example if the shop wings or earrings had crit, magic boost etc. That is wrong. You can easily make kinah from actually playing the game. Way back I had 300 mill plus. And i was generally a casual player. Sub is a great thing and kills botters and gold sellers who spam LFG. Killing LFG kills the communities ability to play with one abother i.e no game. Game pass is a good concept. The rewards need to be beneficial but none game breaking. $30 is too much however.  If you cant pay sorry. But if you pay for netflix or amazon or any other sub 2 or 3 dollars is nothing for a good game. How do you expect nc to make money from non p2w game without a sub?

Archived