Weekly Server Maintenance - June 30, 2021

Arctic

Guest Voidrose

Literally using the extra 2 hours maint bs to look for private aion servers to play on instead. great job ncsoft, keep goin sweetie.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest niama

only kids will cry over a $15 subs. because they cant afford it. 
for those adults who still crying over $15 subs, why you're still here?
delete aion, stop complaining, move on  

We all know very well that a subs game is always better comparing a 'f2p' game. 

Guest Lastneo
18 minutes ago, Guest Ashlayna said:

This isn't most MMOs.  PvP is endgame, especially in this iteration, unless you're planning to spend all your time in FT being a mentor, kinah stacks don't matter at level cap.  I, on the other hand, may be playing the game as it was designed, and that means I'm going to have to be grinding out my AP to get my AP gear, you know, the relevant gear for endgame in Aion, Classic or otherwise.  I'm not going to be lamenting the lack of Rank 9s to kill when I need a couple million AP to get fully geared out.

So no "fairness" is being killed, unless it's "but they have more money than me, and it's not fair"?  Ironically, I logged into the retail server yesterday, and found that, to my shock and horror, I am almost completely broke, kinah wise, but had all of my high level toons in full PvP sets, and even a couple of my mid range toons.  I guess those whales buying up all that cool looking PvE gear will be on the forums accusing me of hacking when they can't kill me in PvP, right?

You still need some kinah to socket all those manastones and keep your consumables fully stocked, my friend.

Guest niama

yup, imagine being so poor yet still want to play game. 
not thinking of their rl situation. 
$15, a meal thats it 

Guest Lewkeiyu the Traitor

I guess people complaining about maintenance times don't understand what ESTIMATED means....

Just now, Guest niama said:

yup, imagine being so poor yet still want to play game. 
not thinking of their rl situation. 
$15, a meal thats it 

It's more than that in many places of the world.
But still, if you can't afford it, don't play.  This isn't a barter system. 
People in other countries saying those paying for the game are entitled for... playing the game as the company intended without questioning them.

Pretty sure entitlement is thinking you deserve special treatment and to pay less than others simply because you demand it, actually.

10 minutes ago, Guest Lewkeiyu the Traitor said:

A lower price for what? The game was literally $15/mo when it was released in 2009.

Thats LITERALLY the same price it is NOW. No more, no less and you're getting access to the ENTIRE game, including crafting. Whaty'all want is to be cheapskates while not realizing that in order for this server to NOT become like retail, it NEEDS to be sub-based. 

$15 is the sub standards for almost all MMOs at the moment and has been since the 2000s, so I'm not sure why people are acting like this is breaking bank accounts..

if it need to be subbed with same price as it was 10 years ago, what for other two shops? 😁🤣  let me guess - convenience (*card*swipe*sound*)  

Guest Antliiiiiii

I just want the server online, not read ppl complaining about ppl complaining about something or another 
Oh wait i just did the same, only if ever other person on the forums realise there irony also

WE ARE ALL EQUALILLY WORTHLESS

Guest Subhumans

I would like to thank the monthly sub for getting rid of the subhumans known as BRs and Gypsie garbage that ruin this game. You are not welcomed in this fine and glorious NA edition, make your own and all the poor people who can play, just sit still while I grief you in rifting non-stop.

Guest Bladestorm Spirit

The people complaining about people complaining don't understand what reasonable expectations means. My team would be flayed, figuratively, if a five hour deployment window went three hours over without an additional communication.

The word approximate in the description wouldn't change the fact that people feel their expectations are not met.

Communication is the key to managing expectations. 

Guest akumetsu0022

nice nice, I can pay 50$ PER MONTH when they add BR server  or any server in south america (for better ping)

they can get  so many subscriptions here, but ncsoft not add servers near .

we have so MUCH PING!!!!!!!!!!! 200,300,400, 500 PING       in normal aion same problem.

Guest Scavitza
26 minutes ago, Guest firsttimeplayers said:

It is one of my favorites. It applies so well to just about everything.

Well, i can't AGREE more ^^ It describes the NC Soft-ness fu-kinah-nce soooo softly !!! ^^

giphy.gif

Guest Lewkeiyu the Traitor
7 minutes ago, Guest kek said:

if it need to be subbed with same price as it was 10 years ago, what for other two shops? 😁🤣  let me guess - convenience (*card*swipe*sound*)  

Nice job answering your own question. Look up the definition of "convenience" because that's what those shops are. You DO NOT have to purchase ANYTHING from them if you are subbed to enjoy the game. Literally NOTHING.

The $15 sub gets you access to EVERY feature of the game. If you choose to spend beyond that, that is on YOU as a consumer.

Shops are NOT necessities!

Guest timezones are hard
3 minutes ago, Guest Bladestorm Spirit said:

The people complaining about people complaining don't understand what reasonable expectations means. My team would be flayed, figuratively, if a five hour deployment window went three hours over without an additional communication.

The word approximate in the description wouldn't change the fact that people feel their expectations are not met.

Communication is the key to managing expectations. 

but it hasn't been 3 hours? it's been 10 minutes.

quand je vois wow le jeux est 10 fois plus grand que aion les mises à jours ne dure meme pas 1H je me demande vraiment ce que fabrique ncsoft lol

Guest Condensed Milk

I waited so long for the maintenance to end. Now it is  2 am here and im sleepy already what a waste

Guest Ashlayna
17 minutes ago, Guest Lastneo said:

You still need some kinah to socket all those manastones and keep your consumables fully stocked, my friend.

...and there's an entire game to play on the side, including drops from dredge, abyss farming, etc, which, much to your shock and horror I'm sure,  all provide kinah, not to mention quest rewards for when you are questing, while there's questing left to do.  If it sounds like too much work, that's another issue entirely.

Guest tseuG
17 hours ago, Kibbelz said:

Our first scheduled maintenance for Aion Classic will take place tomorrow at 6am Server Time (4am PT / 7am ET / 12pm UTC) and is expected to last approximately 5 hours.

7 hrs later...

Did I miss the customary update message that respectfully thanks players for there patience amidst an unforeseen delay?  ...Or am I mixing up this dev for one that actually cares?

Archived